Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 11-07-19, 03:50   #11
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post

Back when I was serving, our FOBs (or any of our Military bases for that matter) used have checkpoints with a clear sign that said "Deadly force Authorized beyond this point" followed by a nice compliment of two .50 cal Browning on each side. And believe you and me, our Machine Gunners could light up a car in a matter of seconds.

So for the morons who think they can make it to the base's parameter if they can just Naruto run their way to it, I can assure you, you will not win. The U.S. Military has gotten really REALLY good at extinguishing a large number of **** heads quickly and efficiently.

Just ask Uncle A-10:

You seem to be developing a fetish for large numbers of disgruntled peasants getting mowed down by heavy caliber rounds. Not healthy.

Maybe we could get an army of incels to attack Area 51. Double whammy for you.

If you wanted to get into Groom Lake, you probably could, but stealth and deception would be the key. I'd wager the Russians have had a man or two in there at some point. Maybe if you emailed Comrade Putin and asked nicely, he'd send you some pics.
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 05:20   #12
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Launcelot View Post

You seem to be developing a fetish for large numbers of disgruntled peasants getting mowed down by heavy caliber rounds. Not healthy.

Maybe we could get an army of incels to attack Area 51. Double whammy for you.
I personally would like to believe that no one would be stupid enough to do what the facebook page is proposing and that everyone gets the fact that its just a prank page and nothing more. Ergo, no one is going to get turned into Spaghetti Sauce for trying to storm a clearly marked restricted zone . An overwhelming chance percentage favours this outcome.

HOWEVER, if you are so STUPID and desperate to give your life meaning that you would actually take this facebook page seriously and try to Zerg Rush a clearly marked no-go Zone then go ahead and do so and deal with the consequences accordingly.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 07:11   #13
Paddy

I hope there are stupid people enough willing to do it. World could do with less stupid people.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 08:47   #14
thabani33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
I wonder if they will reach the save crystal in time...
gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I thought this might've been a joke related to TR3 at first
I thought it was a title for a TRLE project.
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 09:36   #15
Zsott

Quote:
Posting this up just for ****s and giggles .

See, I don't know what inspires these idiots to do these sort of things. I am guessing these are the left over youtubers who did the Tide Pod eating challenge and then got overly pissed over the fact that they didn't die.

So currently there is a post on facebook that is asking people if they want to storm Area 51:

https://www.livescience.com/65899-ar...mmer-raid.html

And thus far, 200k people have said that they will be attending the event.

Now, being that this is the internet, I am pretty sure this is all just a big prank and no one will be stupid enough to try this in Real Life...

Then again, this is the Internet and therefore there should be a select number of people who are stupid enough to try this in Real Life.

Back when I was serving, our FOBs (or any of our Military bases for that matter) used have checkpoints with a clear sign that said "Deadly force Authorized beyond this point" followed by a nice compliment of two .50 cal Browning on each side. And believe you and me, our Machine Gunners could light up a car in a matter of seconds.

Now I know for a fact that Area 51 has plenty of those said signs around its parameter followed by possible Minefields, Patrol Aircrafts and Security Detail that is ready to defend the base against an invasion. And that is only the stuff we know about.

So for the morons who think they can make it to the base's parameter if they can just Naruto run their way to it, I can assure you, you will not win. The U.S. Military has gotten really REALLY good at extinguishing a large number of **** heads quickly and efficiently.

Just ask Uncle A-10:

NvIJvPj_pjE
It has to be a joke...then again, tide pod eating turned out to be real too.
I think everyone has the right to do what they want to with their lives; If someone wants a clip or two pumped into their brains, go ahead. This planet is already full of idiots.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 10:57   #16
Zelda master

But... I want to believe!
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 12:04   #17
Sir Launcelot

Quote:
I personally would like to believe that no one would be stupid enough to do what the facebook page is proposing and that everyone gets the fact that its just a prank page and nothing more. Ergo, no one is going to get turned into Spaghetti Sauce for trying to storm a clearly marked restricted zone . An overwhelming chance percentage favours this outcome.

HOWEVER, if you are so STUPID and desperate to give your life meaning that you would actually take this facebook page seriously and try to Zerg Rush a clearly marked no-go Zone then go ahead and do so and deal with the consequences accordingly.
Even if this took hold, I doubt anyone would be getting turned into spaghetti sauce. I'm sure they've got every sort of non-lethal crowd control option under the sun out there. Remember, the government LIKES people thinking they have aliens on ice, since it keeps the whack-jobs diverted from OTHER secret **** they are doing, so I am sure they are well prepared for a mob of crazies dropping by for a visit.

In the event anyone actually shows up armed, they'll be confronted by Air Force Police with M-16s levelled, screaming "FREEZE, MOTHER****ER!"

All you'll hear after that is the sound of guns clattering in the road, piss running into pants, and people screaming "Oh God, please don't kill me!"
Sir Launcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 12:11   #18
domino92

Quote:
I **** myself laughing at this part.

Either no one's going to do it, or people will show up and instantly chicken out. It's all fun and games til someone's got a gun pointed at them.
domino92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 12:23   #19
DragonSlayer

If they do make it inside Area 51 I wonder if they'll find the alien on the operating table, the nearby UFO, the whale in the tank or the artifact Lara was looking for,why was there a whale in Area 51 anyway, maybe it was an alien lifeform that had for whatever reason taken on the appearance of a whale.

Forget the UFO I want to know if they have a Stargate at Area 51.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-19, 13:14   #20
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
You overestimate the collective I.Q. of the Internet my friend .
Right? Someone shot up a pizza parlor because they overestimated the I.Q. of the internet.
Dennis's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote