www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-09-19, 14:16   #51
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Borderlands 3 is awesome but performance is not. Hopefully Gearbox are looking into this.
What are you playing Borderlands 3 on? PS4, PC or Xbox.

I read somewhere yesterday that the PC version isn't doing so great, which doesn't surprise me it seems that every PC game these days is unplayable when it's released IIRC Batman Arkham Knight on PC could not be played regardless of how many patches and updates it got.

I'm playing it on PS4 and it's worked ok so far, I've just left Pandora and I'm exploring Sanctuary.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 15:11   #52
tlr online
Administrator

I'm playing on PC.
tlr online is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 16:17   #53
moodydog
Relic Hunter

Still got boderlands 2 to finish, and the pre-sequel!
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-19, 18:54   #54
TR FAN 18
Professor

Playing this game on DX12 is ever so buggy. It took like 5 minutes just to get past the Claptrap loading screen! I know it's beta but come on Gearbox, this is unacceptable.

Other than that, really enjoying this game. I've already put 247 hours into BL2 so I was excited to play this!

Also, the ammo and money auto-pickup feature really does help. No more holding down Square to pick up stuff.

Last edited by TR FAN 18; 15-09-19 at 19:01.
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-19, 10:38   #55
DragonSlayer
Professor

Funniest part of the game so far, Claptrap attempting to take Sanctuary to warp speed and causing the window to break.

Favourite missions so far, defending the coffee shop on Promethia and Head Case.

What character did you choose for your first playthrough I chose Moze it's a bit strange not having a turret at my disposal, I'm too used to having a turret after Borderlands 1 and 2.

It took me a while to get used to the handling of Moze's mech especially with the initially small amount of fuel available.

I'm currently on Athenas i forget why I'm there it was nearly 3am before I stopped playing, without realising it I somehow recorded 15 minutes of gameplay when I had intended to only take a screenshot.

That voice that says gearbox when the gearbox logo appears on screen is so creepy.
Old 18-09-19, 00:50   #56
Legends
Tomb Raider

I finished the main campaign today, or just now actually. I need some time to digest it all.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 12:15   #57
TR FAN 18
Professor

Old 18-09-19, 16:15   #58
Legends
Tomb Raider

The main campaign, the villains, the side characters, mostly everything related to story was superior in Borderlands 2. The main was only okay in Borderlands 3, if not surprisingly underwhelming. It actually reminded me a whole lot of Far Cry New Dawn with it's stupid crazy twins plotline. It's kinda the same thing in Borderlands 3, and even though it wasn't terrible, it wasn't great. Kinda lame villans in this game, honestly. I was also expecting some sort of follow up to the Fight For Sancturaty dlc, at least aesthetically, but that just never happened.

I've read about all the console performance issues, and it's a little surprising this game is so demanding. I play on PC and and my game crashed once, and I also occasionally experienced some mild stutter. Like when I entered a vehicle. We just got more of everything in Borderlands 3, which I loved. Overall it's a great game. Amazing gameplay and a lot of repeatability. By the time the game released on Steam it might actually run like it's supposed to, lol.

Edit: The soundtrack is incredible!

Last edited by Legends; 18-09-19 at 16:38.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-19, 11:59   #59
DragonSlayer
Professor

A topic I was reading on gamefaqs titled noticed changes is this cause of SJW influence.

Some were complaining that midgets are no longer called midgets, one comment stood out that said the Maliwan Nogs seen racist, when someone asked how was Nog racist someone replied that it discriminates against gnomes.

None of the boss fights so far have been a challenge they are no match for my mech, maybe/hopefully any future DLC bosses will be more challenging than the main game bosses I'm just after fighting the rampager he wasn't that hard just keep on the move and shooting him when he stopped moving while I waited for my mech to recharge.
Old 25-09-19, 22:45   #60
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
A topic I was reading on gamefaqs titled noticed changes is this cause of SJW influence.
Aside from the fact that GameFAQs is literally hell on earth - did we all somehow miss that BL2/TPS were also "socially progressive" in terms of its character depictions, and received plenty of vitriol back in the day as well?

Looking back now, it certainly didn't affect anyone's enjoyment of the game in a meaningful way.

Anyway, how are people enjoying the third game - and, when is the Steam release, again? I've been staying away from game footage, and I do still have a lot of the BL2/TPS DLC to scratch any itch until then, but...

Did they come out with sales numbers yet, by any chance? I'm curious to see what damage Randy Pitchford did, and the Epic Store exclusivity by itself.

Last edited by tomblover; 25-09-19 at 22:52.
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote