www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider 25

Old 23-01-21, 18:55   #31
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
The official Twitter account tweeted that trailer of TR Reloaded and it barely got any attention at all. Even before we knew it was a mobile game, there was zero buzz about it.
I don't understand this sentence. It was announced as a mobile game in the trailer, we always knew it was a mobile game.
Old 23-01-21, 19:33   #32
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDSpike View Post
I don't understand this sentence. It was announced as a mobile game in the trailer, we always knew it was a mobile game.
The mobile game clarification came a bit later. The trailer just said TR Reloaded 2021.

Edit

I stand corrected it said Mobile 2021.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 23-01-21 at 19:36.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-21, 16:28   #33
ShutUpReyes
Explorer

Damn we're all so doom and gloom right now.

Shadow isn't even 2Ĺ years old, it's last piece of content isn't 1Ĺ years old. Chill. There's also a movie out at some point which they'll likely want a game to coincide with. I'd include TR Reloaded but it really does look like a soulless cash grab so I won't but the series is far from dead.

I do agree that it really doesn't get as much love these days because this series has had so many ups, downs and identity changes over the years.

I honestly think they need to take the games back to basics and stop basing so much of them around what's popular at the time.

Enough of trying to have the emotional, cinematic storytelling of Sony games, the action of Uncharted and the collect-a-thon nonsense of Ubisoft game. Focus on what made TR a hit. Exploring, challenging platforming and fun combat.

"But that won't sell!" If it's good it will. It might not to TR2013 numbers, but change the budget to reflect that. Hell even try it under the 'Lara Croft' moniker and see how it's received. Either way trendchasing isn't doing it anymore.
Old 24-01-21, 16:59   #34
BlueCake
Historian

What i wish we had? Remakes of the first 3 games in Core's TRAE style. But i don't think Crystal is capable of such fan service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
CD is getting dragged online constantly for Avengers. And there is a lot of backlash for it for empty promises, no communication and delays.
Hopefully that's the beggining of Crystal Dynamic's losing rights to Tomb Raider.
BlueCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-21, 17:22   #35
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
It's currently January 22nd.

January is the 1st month of the year.

Tomb Raider's 25th anniversary is on October 25th.

October is the 10th month of the year.

How long do Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics, and Eidos-Montreal have to make a TR-related announcement? (Not counting Reloaded, of course, since it's a mobile game.)
Yeah Resident Evil only had their showcase so early on because the actual 25th anniversary is in March.

It would make more sense for SE to celebrate during the latter half of the year.
Old 24-01-21, 23:13   #36
SoraSakai
Professor

I like the fact that the series isn’t annualized ^.^
Old 25-01-21, 07:57   #37
pitchtheripoff
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I like the fact that the series isnít annualized ^.^
it's not like annualizing the series worked out for them that much from a quality stand point
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 08:53   #38
Stevo505
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
CD is getting dragged online constantly for Avengers. And there is a lot of backlash for it for empty promises, no communication and delays.
We should have warned the Marvel fans... we've endured this abuse for a decade with them
Stevo505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-21, 10:44   #39
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo505 View Post
We should have warned the Marvel fans... we've endured this abuse for a decade with them
Yeah but no one believed us. We were just 'un-pleaseable TR fans'. Well, now the world knows.
Old 25-01-21, 16:06   #40
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
The official Twitter account tweeted that trailer of TR Reloaded and it barely got any attention at all. Even before we knew it was a mobile game, there was zero buzz about it.

I'd say TR is no longer relevant. It's lost it's iconic status and is no longer a AAA franchise. The amount of people caring isn't much beyond the fan base. That's the problem when you cater your market to the general populace. If your not pumping product and hype year around the pubic will move on.

Heck the general public believe that Shadow was the last game in the franchise. People legit were saying that Indiana Jones will be a great replacement for TR and Uncharted because they believe that Shadow is the last TR game to be ever made.

They engineered this mess by their crappy marketing and their constant radio silence with the community. I would not be surprised if the next game flops because they will spend way too much on it thinking TR is still marketable as a AAA title.
Sis, you need to take a few weeks off the Tomb Raider fan train because you are convincing yourself of something that cannot be further from the truth.

I just think you are getting lost in the noise out there.