www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 19-01-21, 00:54   #14591
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

I'm trying to incorporate the harpoon gun into my level. I'm getting a 404 error for the harpoon tutorial file on skribblerz, but so far the gun itself is working okay. The only thing missing are the sounds: what is the best way to get the sounds working both in and out of water? Thanks!
Old 19-01-21, 17:26   #14592
LoreRaider
Archaeologist

^I remember that for my Puna's Revenge level I set the sounds directly on the gun animations
That gun has 2 different animations, both for dry and underwater usage
So for the dry animation I simply used a "Play sound" command on the animation, meanwhile for the water animation (since sometimes sounds underwater don't play) I used "Play sound" flipeffect trigger exported as animcommand
That was doable also in NGLE, but even in latest Tomb Editor versions, you basically set the trigger in the editor, then press the button which says "export as animcommand", you type the frame where you want the trigger to happen, and then you copy 3 values in WadTool on the animation using "Set Position" command (don't ask me why that one, Paolone decided ), and then it should work ingame correctly

For the script part, I used the script contained into this pack

I think I still have the harpoon stuff, so in case you need something I can send them to you
Old 19-01-21, 23:57   #14593
Craig Michaels
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreRaider View Post
...meanwhile for the water animation (since sometimes sounds underwater don't play) I used "Play sound" flipeffect trigger exported as animcommand
That was doable also in NGLE, but even in latest Tomb Editor versions, you basically set the trigger in the editor, then press the button which says "export as animcommand", you type the frame where you want the trigger to happen, and then you copy 3 values in WadTool on the animation using "Set Position" command (don't ask me why that one, Paolone decided ), and then it should work ingame correctly
Thank you for the advice! This is helpful to know about and gives me some idea of where to start with animcommands. As I was searching through TRNG updates I came across the CUST_SFX script to get the harpoon to make sounds underwater and I'm using that now - this isn't in the reference manual so I hadn't seen it before. My script ended up looking like this and it's working fine!:

Customize= CUST_HARPOON, HRP_DISABLE_LASER_SIGHT+HRP_SINGLE_AMMO, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 200, 16
Customize= CUST_SFX, TS_SHOT_HARPOON_UW, 235

EDIT: Speaking of sounds though, I'm still having trouble getting the CLASSIC_ROLLINGBALL to play a loop sound rather than simply blips. I'm using the rollingball included in AODFan's Classic Rollingball Plugin, which has the following sounds linked to animations:

I've made sure that the sound l_rumb.wav, copied from the plugin files, is in my level sounds:

And I've checked that it plays fine and is set to be a loop in the Sounds file:

Is there something I'm perhaps not checking? The rollingball itself functions well, it's only the sound that is an issue: blips of noise, I assume whenever it reaches the animations with sound, rather than the ongoing rumble.

EDIT 2: SOLVED! The problem appears to be that the classic rollingball *doesn't* used loop sounds but rather requires the the sound triggered in animations is set to "Mode: None" rather than "Mode: Loop." Now the sound is working just fine. I hope that posting that here helps others working with the classic rollingball, since I didn't find this part mentioned anywhere else.

Last edited by Craig Michaels; 21-01-21 at 00:06.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 18:49   #14594
THOR2010
Professor

Is it possible to make a normally hostile enemy non aggressive towards lara, but then later trigger its normal behavior so it then attacks lara as it normally would?
Old 21-01-21, 20:27   #14595
Krystian
Archaeologist

^ If this is not part of the normal behavior of the slot (e.g. TROOPS) then I'm afraid there's no way to do this.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 21:25   #14596
THOR2010
Professor

ok, thank you
Old 21-01-21, 23:43   #14597
Masked Goon
Student

Hey there

Quick question: Is it possible to somehow script baddy1 and baddy2 so they do not use their guns? I'd like to use them as pure melee enemies.
Masked Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-21, 20:00   #14598
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
EDIT: Speaking of sounds though, I'm still having trouble getting the CLASSIC_ROLLINGBALL to play a loop sound rather than simply blips.
EDIT 2: SOLVED! The problem appears to be that the classic rollingball *doesn't* used loop sounds but rather requires the the sound triggered in animations is set to "Mode: None" rather than "Mode: Loop." Now the sound is working just fine. I hope that posting that here helps others working with the classic rollingball, since I didn't find this part mentioned anywhere else.
Just for info: sounds with the "loop" mode are expected to be triggered at every frame. It will stop as soon as it is not triggered anymore.
In this case, the sound is triggered 3 times in the animations (not even consecutively) so it is expected that it doesn't loop. If it was a 1-frame animation, or you had commands for every single frame of the animation, then it would work as a looping sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Goon View Post
Hey there

Quick question: Is it possible to somehow script baddy1 and baddy2 so they do not use their guns? I'd like to use them as pure melee enemies.
There is a native TRNG way, which is to access the enemy's variable that holds the amount of ammo they have, and set it to 0.
But if you're using AkyV's first plugin (AkyV_Mix01 - download), it has a flipeffect that does it for you.
Quote:
548:Enemy. Set the ammo amount of <&> Baddy_1 or Baddy_2 to the required bullets

Last edited by Joey79100; 22-01-21 at 20:05.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 10:46   #14599
Masked Goon
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
There is a native TRNG way, which is to access the enemy's variable that holds the amount of ammo they have, and set it to 0.
But if you're using AkyV's first plugin (AkyV_Mix01 - download), it has a flipeffect that does it for you.
Hey, thanks for trying to help!
I downloaded the plugin, but I can't find the Flipeffect you describe
I'd like to change the ammo in the script though, is there a guide on how I would do that?
Masked Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-21, 11:26   #14600
AkyV

Plugin triggers aren't listed in TE.
If you want them, then also have an NGLE on your PC, also installing the plugin for it. Then open NGLE Set Trigger Type panel, search for the trigger, click on "Export", and then copy the trigger code from the TXT.
Then just paste the code in TIDE scripter, as if you did it in NG Center.

If you don't want to use #DEFINE commands (as the TXT says), then do not forget to check the plugin ID in the trigger code.
Eg. if you see this:

$012000, 509, $1

then (see the red part) check if your plugin in TIDE also has ID1 (see Plugin command in Options).
Otherwise modify that 01: eg. if this plugin has 3 ID in the Plugin command, then 012000 must be 032000.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote