Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-06-21, 05:00   #11
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
I'm thrilled to help out with this! Keep up the amazing work! Can't wait to see what more this will bring!
Thank you TRJTA for helping Reborn test them out and making suggestions, that's an important part of the process too.

Last edited by Jathom95; 21-06-21 at 05:14.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 07:45   #12
ATombRaiderFan

It's incredible to see the removed dialogues getting added back in and it goes to show how cut-down AoD really was. Thank you for updating us and keep up the amazing work reborninshadow.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 07:59   #13
Jathom95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
It's incredible to see the removed dialogues getting added back in and it goes to show how cut-down AoD really was. Thank you for updating us and keep up the amazing work reborninshadow.
It really is, because I can only imagine how it must've felt shipping out a game with less than half of the recorded dialogue you created for it.

I've been a bit overly excited since reborninshadow announced this project. But this game has been improved steadily in ways I never thought possible. Who would've known in 2003 that 18 years later this game would be fixed up so well by the community?

Edit: I just realized that I'm basically every other reply in this thread LOL. I guess excitement's putting it mildly at this point.

Last edited by Jathom95; 21-06-21 at 08:05.
Old 21-06-21, 11:40   #14
TRJTA

Yes these are definitely exciting times for AOD and it feels so good to get this game closer and closer to it's potential. It feels so much like justice. The need for justice is I think one of my biggest drives to work on the Definitive Edition. And it's a very strong passionate drive. Things never should have gone the way they did. The AOD trilogy had so much potential but a perfect storm of problems ruined it all and ripped the franchise out of the hands of it's original creators. It's just not fair. I'm glad to play a part in serving some justice.
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 13:43   #15
ATombRaiderFan

In the radio scene of Von Croy's apartment the captions doesn't seem to keep up with the audio. Is it possible to sync captions to audio at this stage? I think a similar issue also happens in Margot Carvier's office.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 14:39   #16
Jathom95

Quote:
In the radio scene of Von Croy's apartment the captions doesn't seem to keep up with the audio. Is it possible to sync captions to audio at this stage? I think a similar issue also happens in Margot Carvier's office.
If you're referring to how it takes a few seconds to move to the next part of the subtitles, I believe that's just how particularly long subtitles are handled in AOD for some reason. Every set of lines that's longer than one or two lines does this. Presumably to give you time to read them, though that's just a guess.
Old 21-06-21, 14:42   #17
reborninshadow

Quote:
As Jathom95 said, that's how the game handles long lines for some reason so I don't think there's much I can do about that.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 15:05   #18
Jathom95

I wish there was some way to fix the timing of that sound effect in Vault of Trophies. Strangely enough, it doesn't even play in vanilla, only with EAX enabled (because I'd never heard it before I released my EAX fix pack). But even after that, the sound lasts longer than the actual effect so it doesn't sync up.

I know it's not dialogue lol, this thread just got me to thinking about that.

Last edited by Jathom95; 21-06-21 at 15:17.
Old 21-06-21, 15:53   #19
KIKO

I’ve been waiting for someone to be able to do this! Excellent work! Let us know if you need help figuring out where some of the missing voice lines go. Not that we can be 100% sure of it but we can hazard a guess
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-21, 16:26   #20
Jathom95

Oh by the way Reborn, do you still plan to release your edits to Sasho's restored beta level, or will they be part of this anyway? I noticed in the video in the Parisian Back Streets portion that the level doesn't end at the bottom of the ladder like it usually does.

Last edited by Jathom95; 21-06-21 at 16:28.