Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 18-11-19, 18:57   #31241
TR1249

I'm so in the mood to play RE0, so underrated
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 18:59   #31242
JsotoTRSaga

Go for it^

Resident Evil Zero is great specially now with the HD Version, I was disappointed by the way Resident Evil Zero was presented in Umbrella Chronicles. I pretend those rail shooters games don't exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post

Resident Evil 2 it's zapping system is probably the game's most defining feature....and Capcom completely cut it out.
It isn't a deal breaker for me to be honest I would've hoped for the old zapping system to come back but ever since Remake 2 was teased in 2016 I knew deep inside me that the zapping system would be gone so I wasn't really expecting it. I look at it the same way I look at RE1 Remake, 2 separate scenarios that may or may not have happened exactly as we experienced them, it's up to interpretation.

Quote:
- Character Designs and Motivations (Ada, Annette and Irons in particular)
- Cutting out Enemies (They even tried to take out Plant 43 and the Alligator)
- Cutting out iconic locations (The Marshaling Yard for instance)
- Practically ZERO references to RE1 (just lame)
- Expanding areas that didn't need to be (I'm looking at you Sewers )
Oh I hated how they expanded the sewers it's my least favorite area of the game I wonder who thought it was a good idea to make it that long and complicated with those endless annoying G creatures. I played both Leon A/B and Claire A/B in the remake and if you actually select Claire A Leon B (which is the correct order) Claire mentions Chris several times and gets closure on him at least for the time being (sort of).

Ada not mentioning John is better actually BUT only at the beginning. I thought it was bizarre she gave away that info in OG RE2 so easily. However I expected Ben to speak to Ada about it or at least Annette but it never happened and I was disappointed by it. I now look at it as if though she was undercover so she didn't need to talk about it. She probably read John's memo and assumed he was dead.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 18-11-19 at 19:07.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 20:15   #31243
TR1249

I'm just too lazy to start my PC

Is Umbrella Chronicles really that bad tho?
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 20:58   #31244
jajay119

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Go for it^

Resident Evil Zero is great specially now with the HD Version, I was disappointed by the way Resident Evil Zero was presented in Umbrella Chronicles. I pretend those rail shooters games don't exist.
It isn't a deal breaker for me to be honest I would've hoped for the old zapping system to come back but ever since Remake 2 was teased in 2016 I knew deep inside me that the zapping system would be gone so I wasn't really expecting it. I look at it the same way I look at RE1 Remake, 2 separate scenarios that may or may not have happened exactly as we experienced them, it's up to interpretation.

Oh I hated how they expanded the sewers it's my least favorite area of the game I wonder who thought it was a good idea to make it that long and complicated with those endless annoying G creatures. I played both Leon A/B and Claire A/B in the remake and if you actually select Claire A Leon B (which is the correct order) Claire mentions Chris several times and gets closure on him at least for the time being (sort of).

Ada not mentioning John is better actually BUT only at the beginning. I thought it was bizarre she gave away that info in OG RE2 so easily. However I expected Ben to speak to Ada about it or at least Annette but it never happened and I was disappointed by it. I now look at it as if though she was undercover so she didn't need to talk about it. She probably read John's memo and assumed he was dead.
The bit that annoyed me is it was so poorly done: are we really supposed to think irons and lab employees etc are gone trudge through disgusting sewers to get to the lab? There was a more direct route but you end up going all round the houses to get there when that should have been the main way in in at least one of the scenarios. I would have been happier had they expanded the chemical plant which is where they disposed of the bodies in cleaner and more discreet ways. The sewers were clearly expanded said dit’s a horror game so filthy and dark sewers = scary, obvs.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 21:39   #31245
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
The sewers were clearly expanded said dit’s a horror game so filthy and dark sewers = scary, obvs.
I think it was also the fact that: "We can make the sewers super dark, so we don't have to focus too much on making everything look "nice" with the graphics and level design."
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 22:06   #31246
JsotoTRSaga

I think Capcom is just obsessed with Sewers, every Resident Evil game except 1 and 7 has an annoying sewers section.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 22:27   #31247
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Really? I loved the John backstory for Ada, IMO it humanized her and it gave her a logical reason to be in RC trying to get to the lab. It's also a nice callback to RE1. I think it was a much better cover than anything else she's had. Plus I really enjoyed when the characters acted human.

Like I said tho, I still loved what they did with her in the remake, the FBI story definitely made sense, I get why they went with it. I just don't care for her snobby attitude at the beginning.

I'm definitely sad about Ben! I forgot to mention this, but I'm so mad that he was killed off so quick in the remake! I really liked him from what we seen, he really should've been around for a bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post

I don't think they're bad, they're just a very condensed version of the original stories. It's a fun arcade shooter, I love those games.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 18-11-19 at 22:29.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-19, 23:49   #31248
crowhazard

Yeah... Umbrella Chronicles is absolutely fine. It's Umbrella Corps you have to watch out for. Absolutely diabolical ****stain of a game if you ask me. Probably the worst Resident Evil title they've ever made.
crowhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 00:06   #31249
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post

I liked Umbrella Chronicles and thought it was a fun game. It's a nice recap of the events from various RE games, and also adds some additional content to the Umbrella storyline. My only complaint is that they butchered the RE3 chapter.

EDIT: If you're referring to Umbrella Corps, I personally never played that game. Most fans consider it to be one of the worst games in the series. I know the game turned me off when I saw the characters sliding across the floor during the gameplay trailer. I wouldn't touch that game with a ten foot pole.

Last edited by trfan16; 19-11-19 at 00:09.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-19, 03:53   #31250
Johnnay

The RE3 remake rumors have yet spiked

At least according to this YouTuber who claims capcom is working on the game

https://www.gamesradar.com/resident-...ing-next-year/

Last edited by Johnnay; 22-11-19 at 03:55.
Johnnay is offline   Reply With Quote