Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 15-12-17, 10:44   #5501
ccroft2003

I didn't think the 1st trailer was too horrible... I think the problem was that what they wanted to do is try and please too many people.

1. Us the TR fans - with showing scenes taken directly from the reboot game
2. Original 2001 movie fans that are confused about there being no Angelina (Hense the guns and leather outfit at the end)
3. A new audience that doesn't play games - do they know who Lara Croft is these days?! (The structure of the trailer, searching for her father etc).

I think there is definitely lots that we didn't see in the trailer, and I'm certain that the story itself isn't what the trailer tired to insinuate...

I really hope we see more of a "survival" style trailer.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 10:46   #5502
James_Rutland

3 months old in a few days... Trailer end of Dec / First week of Jan please.

Yes I believe the movie will be far more than the trailer leads you to believe, far deeper. I've read the script, some parts are well written, especially in the London segment.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 15-12-17 at 10:48.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 10:56   #5503
ccroft2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I've read the script, some parts are well written, especially in the London segment.
I've managed to stay away from the script... I imagine it's fun to read but I expect even a late draft will turn out to be quite different to the finished movie. Especially when there have been 2 months of reshoots?!

It's good to hear though that the London segment has been written well - they're essentially wiping the slate clean for the regular cinema goers and the whole film is driven by Lara becoming who she is, so there needs to be a clear transition in who she was, to becoming "Lara" with the duel guns she's known for at the end.

Fans expecting the movie to be exactly the same as the 2013 game are going to be disappointed, and quite frankly, idiots!
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 11:50   #5504
Ellioft

I believe too that the movie will be different in a good way and the fans of the AJ films and the one who think this is gonna be a carbon copy of the game will be surprised in the end.

I was thinking about something : We don't really know how many days the reshoots lasted. It can be some days in October and some in November but with space between them to match the schedule of the others actors

Last edited by Ellioft; 15-12-17 at 12:03.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 11:54   #5505
James_Rutland

It all depends if the script is good. We know there have been a few revisions here and there so obviously they wanted to improve the rough edges

Where every single video game adaptions fails is the script.
Old 15-12-17, 12:07   #5506
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Where every single video game adaptions fails is the script.
Yeah but I'm more confident with this one than the AJ Movies I have done a lot of research about that and I have discover there was 7 differents screenwriters each one taking the draft after the other for the first one and for COL they used an ancien draft too.

Only two screenwriters for this one.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 13:37   #5507
Tonyrobinson

Geneva is a pretty good writer it just needs to be tightened as a story which I believe it has been. In regards to a new trailer I feel like they may even hold out until February and give us a final trailer then to play a month before the film. I'm expecting featurettes and such to release is the new year along with set report videos from the gaming community on YouTube.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 14:03   #5508
James_Rutland

5 months between trailers? Only one theatrical trailer and a final trailer for a movie? What kind of rubbish non-existent marketing is that? Gimme another trailer in the next month and a final trailer in late Feb and we're fine.
Old 15-12-17, 14:30   #5509
PinkyPromise

I also think it will be January / February. We did not have teaser trailer. We had a very long first trailer directly. Possibly, the second trailer will be the final trailer. WB not spending much. I think they will do an intensive campaign in February / March.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 15-12-17 at 14:32.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-17, 19:46   #5510
LaraCroft04

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but treeble on twitter spotted that Noah Hughes is an executive producer on the film ! I adore Noah, he's always been so enthusiastic and passionate about the games. I'm really glad he's on board
LaraCroft04 is offline   Reply With Quote