Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 26-08-18, 11:06   #81
trin_303

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
I prefer the non-next-gen Lara model so I play with it off.
Same, but I prefer the next gen enviroments. Sadly the game kept crashing for me whenever I reached the icy cave in Nepal.
trin_303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-18, 12:57   #82
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by trin_303 View Post
Same, but I prefer the next gen enviroments. Sadly the game kept crashing for me whenever I reached the icy cave in Nepal.
Same. It’s odd to me how the game was perfectly fine except for more snowy/icy levels.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-18, 02:00   #83
Lyle Croft

I like non-next gen Lara..

But i kind of prefer next-gen lara and environments for now because I never experienced legend like that an dplaying it is exciting!

Though everything is too plasticy and shiny for some reason
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-18, 03:38   #84
Kapu

I think I must be the only person who prefers next-gen Lara to her standard look. I won't deny that next-gen Lara has some flaws, but that god awful striped hair texture on the standard model is atrocious. That alone makes me prefer next-gen Lara. Her darker tanned skin looks better in the next-gen model, as well as her makeup in general, which is a lot less noticeable IMO. Her expression just looks sharper; for whatever reason her standard model looks kind of doe eyed and stupid. I also feel like next-gen Lara's look is similar to Core's classic FMV model. Standard model doesn't give me that vibe.
Kapu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-18, 18:05   #85
Sandhurst5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edups View Post
Hey man,could you reupload the file,cause sendspace deleted it,so post it to somewhere like GDrive or MEGA.

EDIT:For those who would like to know,s**tspace deletes files that haven't been downloaded for more than 30 days,which is absurd,so DON'T host files there.
+1

Would really like to have the modded version too, looks so much better than the next-gen original one.
Sandhurst5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-18, 06:09   #86
Girafarig32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Same. It’s odd to me how the game was perfectly fine except for more snowy/icy levels.
It might be due to the snow. I've noticed that weather in many games cripples the framerate and causes a lot of lag overall. With the next gen graphics added, the game might not be able to load sections in time causing the game to crash. This is just a speculation. I think the biking sections-- especially Kazakhstan-- caused a lot of people's games to crash as well for the same issue.

For anyone, if you can get the graphics to work, I think it's definitely worth it. I found the cave sections in Peru and England to be especially beautiful. I remember being amazed looking up at the stalactite for the first time. The water surfaces and ripple effect also looks fantastic too, especially for its time.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 20:18   #87
edups

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Dragon View Post
I started replaying in Next Gen mode and I couldn't stand how waxy Lara looks so I started experimenting with Texmod and I found the textures responsible for that. I've made a mod which removes the waxy appearance I also slightly toned down the makeup because it looked strange without the waxiness over it.

This mod should affect every playable outfit in the game (however I didn't bother for non-playable characters). This mod is meant for people like me who like the next-gen environments but wanted Lara to look regular without the extra shiny effect on her skin.

Before:

After:

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zq661j
Hey man,could you reupload the file,cause sendspace deleted it,so post it to somewhere like GDrive or MEGA.

EDIT:For those who would like to know,s**tspace deletes files that haven't been downloaded for more than 30 days,which is absurd,so DON'T host files there.
edups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 00:25   #88
tenthavenue

I used to hate the next gen mode when I was a kid, probably because how shiny Lara’s skin looked but I played it again recently and I think I prefer next gen now. However I couldn’t play a few levels (ex. Kazakhstan) with it on because the game kept crashing :/
tenthavenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 10:35   #89
Jorje Croft

Legend Lara invented fullbody highlighter
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 05:11   #90
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
I found the file! This link should work:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApEuBotLW0aahAE-1TgxGVKIcj4o