www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 11-01-19, 00:26   #1
AgentOfTheBSoD
Hobbyist

Default A Curiosity About the Water in Level 3

I don't know how well this is known. I haven't been able to find any info about this anywhere, so I thought I'd share.

I found this out a few days ago by complete accident, and spent even longer trying to find out what the trigger was. So, for the secret that's located near the spot where you put in the cogs (the one to the left where the blocks are running water), the water in that area will either let you swim in it naturally, or push you back, not letting you grab the ledges to climb up and claim the secret. The trigger for this is whether or not you've fallen into the current that pushes you into the small lake. If you've never fallen in, you can swim to the secret, but if you have fallen in, suddenly the current remains in that one spot, and you have to traverse across a ledge above to drop down to the secret.

In my opinion, the current remaining there was intended as that gives reason for the ledge you hang on from above to exist. I wonder why this happens.

I made a short video showing this off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htMfkPXcUF0

Is this a known thing?
AgentOfTheBSoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 02:02   #2
RequiredField
Hobbyist

So cool to see people finding new stuff after all these years! Congratulations!

I haven't heard of that before. I checked how it works in one of the versions I have and hey, it's still there! In the case of the reason why it happens, wait patiently for people who are more skilled in these technical details and who have the tools to inspect the levels (I don't).
RequiredField is offline   Reply With Quote