www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 14-01-19, 09:00   #11
annl
Archaeologist

That is clever, I would have definitely thought it was an actual reflection effect.

Playing in 4K definitely has its benefits. With Multisampling off, the sky box green line caused by Multisampling is gone. And since shadow, water and cubemap reflections are half the screen resolution, they are all in 1080p anyway so they are still clear.

Unlike most pre HD games, AOD scales quite well in 4K without the UI getting ridiculously small.

Last edited by annl; 14-01-19 at 09:02.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 11:08   #12
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Your talking about a game released over 15 years ago. Of course it will. AOD s system requirements are not Crysis
Old 18-01-19, 14:03   #13
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

If your PC can run Tomb Raider 2013 on max settings without issue then you have no worries about any previous Tomb Raider games as I'm on Windows 10 Home x64 bit, Nvdia GTX 950 and 8GB Ram and AOD runs very smoothly at max settings, aside from by bad monitor displaying color banding, it looks really nice and works well without any lag.

Honestly though, for the newer games now, it would be a lot cheaper to get a console and play it from that as the components needed for a computer to keep up with the quality of detail nowadays requires a fortune in an advanced Graphics Card, a very high amount of Ram and an expensive Monitor to display the best resolution and FPS.

The only reason I upgraded is so I can play the older games at the best quality and speed without any worry of putting pressure on my PC due to their lack of demand on resources and be able to have that extra space to keep them all installed at once but everyone is each to their own ideals I suppose.

Now that we have the new Tomb Editor in development, my worries of not being able to use TRLE again is slowly fading which makes it a win for me to have got this upgrade now.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 18-01-19 at 14:12.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 17:26   #14
annl
Archaeologist

My GPU is fine but my processor is rubbish, I have a AMD A10 but everyone says Intel i5/i7s are the best.

A few months back I bought what I thought was a better PC but it turned out to be faulty. I currently am in the process of getting refunded, so once I get my money back Ill look into getting a brand new one.