www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-01-21, 01:33   #191
OrangeJuice
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by remyma View Post
How come people say that Rise has better graphics than Shadow?

I played both on PS4, and just about everything looks much better in Shadow. From the environments, THE LIGHTING, textures, foliage, smoke effects, water ect, ect. The only weird thing about Shadow is Lara's botox face sometimes.
shadow is a much more refined looking game than rise. which is not to say that rise didnt look amazing back in 2015
only thing rise beats shadow in is facial animations in cutscenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
The lighting in SOTTR has been mastered to perfection; whoever was in charge of that should 100% get a raise
no bc ur right
Old 11-01-21, 20:14   #192
Night Crawler
Professor

We are forced to parade around for hours in a blue frock, the original Lara would have shot everyone in Patitti to get to that silver crowned mountain or whatever it was. On my last playthrough I noticed something funny, the part where she disguises herself as one of the green guards, she approached that kid near the marketplace and he recognizes her straight away as Lara.
Old 11-01-21, 21:26   #193
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
We are forced to parade around for hours in a blue frock, the original Lara would have shot everyone in Patitti to get to that silver crowned mountain or whatever it was. On my last playthrough I noticed something funny, the part where she disguises herself as one of the green guards, she approached that kid near the marketplace and he recognizes her straight away as Lara.
Oh god how could I have missed that?
Old 12-01-21, 08:07   #194
New Dwight
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
This in a butshell.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 15:14   #195
rewak
Professor

Still not as bad as TR2013's moment where Lara calls out Whitman on the beach and everyone is just like "Oh Lara! You're talking crazy, lets just sleep it off on this island of murderers that Whitman just claimed were chasing him, it'll be fine!"
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-21, 16:15   #196
FanosCroft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
Lara Croft discovering an ancient civilization whose population is still alive to this very date, living secretly; rings a bell, doesn't it? Been there, done that.

This so called hidden civilzation can be easily spotted given its location and timeline; dumb and stupid storytelling; I don't like it when a story teller likes to think of their audience as dumb people.

Oh Lara, you are not supposed to look sexy because well there are lots of other women who might feel offended by your choice of clothes.
You better pretend it is Halloween.
And Lara goes: "What a cool idea I will dress like a Paititi"

Talking to people to do the worst challenges Ever

Finding out Trinity Leader is also the same man who is leading the cult of Paititi and he had the stupidest ambition and stupidest reasoning ever as to why he wanted to keep Paitit hidden from the world; and what on Earth would those artefacts do to help him do that?
Become God?
Shallow story telling; zero creativity.

However, one good thing, it has gorgeous landscapes.
exactly, it’s the worst story in the trilogy, maybe if she didn’t leave
Old 13-01-21, 19:28   #197
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Let's be honest, none of the stories in the trilogy have been the strong point. 2013 had the best one but even that one got screwed towards the end for me.

I just hope they give up trying to be so grandiose when it doesn't work. Shadow makes the 4th game with a cinematic focus that hasn't really worked.

Legend is the best story CD have done and that was because it focused on the Adventure and the artifact with the parental storyline bookending it.

Last edited by jajay119; 13-01-21 at 19:31.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 03:23   #198
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Let's be honest, none of the stories in the trilogy have been the strong point. 2013 had the best one but even that one got screwed towards the end for me.

I just hope they give up trying to be so grandiose when it doesn't work. Shadow makes the 4th game with a cinematic focus that hasn't really worked.

Legend is the best story CD have done and that was because it focused on the Adventure and the artifact with the parental storyline bookending it.
Underworld had the best plot points. It was very bombastic. I loved alot of where it was going. It just didn't pan out. I wanted more to come out of it in the end. Not having avalon be this big beautiful magical place in the sky, and instead making it this crappy dungeon, and then giving the meat of the story to the DLC ruined the whole thing. They also should've kept the alternate ending where she goes after Amanda. But it was VERY exciting in the begining when the captured Natla, you got a yacht, Amanda is all coniving, Dopple hoe blows up her house. WOW. Epic was right. But the ending ****ed it all up.
Old 14-01-21, 11:42   #199
perryloo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
It is very restrictive by its "peaceful, no combat" nature, although I personally love to explore it and think that, as an environment, it is really well designed.
Agree with this, as i liked to explore the levels
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-21, 23:29   #200
xdesperado_
Historian

Visually I like it a lot, the colours are very vibrant. The outfit restriction, and Etzli noticing Lara in her Serpent Guard were foolish oversights.

Though I would have much preferred if Paititi was completely empty, the feeling of isolation builds more atmosphere when exploring. But then that would mean the story would turn out different. (which wasn't that remarkable anyway)
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote