www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 14-01-21, 10:42   #34721
rewak
Professor

It's not about Sony waving a magic wand and saying "We'd like to work with this IP, thank you", the owner of the IP has to have an interest in reviving it too. Konami recently have been licensing Silent Hill out again for various things, new merchandise, a new movie in the works, the Dead by Daylight tie in, re-releasing SH4 on PC. So they have shown they have a renewed interest in the IP. That's when Sony or whoever wants to work with it can roll up and say "We'd like to work with this IP".

Oh and there is a new Onimusha in the works, aiming for 2022/23 according to Capcoms internal schedule.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 10:48   #34722
Gian Carlo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
It's not about Sony waving a magic wand and saying "We'd like to work with this IP, thank you", the owner of the IP has to have an interest in reviving it too. Konami recently have been licensing Silent Hill out again for various things, new merchandise, a new movie in the works, the Dead by Daylight tie in, re-releasing SH4 on PC. So they have shown they have a renewed interest in the IP. That's when Sony or whoever wants to work with it can roll up and say "We'd like to work with this IP".

Oh and there is a new Onimusha in the works, aiming for 2022/23 according to Capcoms internal schedule.
This.

Although it’s sad to admit that SH has always been niche. The overall sales of the series lies at 9 million lol

Imagine the boost it would get if Silent Hills never got cancelled with those big names in it.
Old 14-01-21, 10:51   #34723
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Lmao. I remember that "RE 8 leaker" claimed that future Onimusha projects were cancelled since Onimusha 1 Warlords remaster was a flop.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-21, 16:12   #34724
rewak
Professor

There's an event happening next week with a new trailer and game play. According to the leak they were planning to announce the final platforms of the game and special editions etc this month so this is probably what we'll get.

Old 14-01-21, 16:25   #34725
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

^ Yay! Will I be able to play RE Village on my old fat trusty PS4?
Old 14-01-21, 16:39   #34726
rewak
Professor

That was their plan, so hopefully it stays that way. They'd be mad to have this as a next gen only game considering you can't even get the next gen consoles right now, and I don't see that situation improving between now and the games tentative release date in May. Capcom loves money too much to limit sales that drastically. Unless, like I've said before, they're setting this up to fail so they can pivot back to action orientated RE games. With RE4make looming that too is a possibility.
Old 14-01-21, 16:49   #34727
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Looking forward to it ! Finally some real gameplay footage !
Old 14-01-21, 17:02   #34728
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish View Post
^ Yay! Will I be able to play RE Village on my old fat trusty PS4?
I seriously hope so.
Old 14-01-21, 17:53   #34729
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I think they were always planning on releasing it for the current gen, even if they were planning on releasing them slightly after the next gen release I knew it was going to happen.
Old 14-01-21, 18:12   #34730
rewak
Professor

Probably purely coincidental but they also uploaded the TGS presentation from last year today where they mentioned they were trying to get it on PS4/Xbone as well.

EDIT - Oh and there's also this application for a closed beta test of something they're doing for the 25th Anniversary. Interestingly it's only for current gen versions, it'll be revealed at the event next week too. They referred to Dominion (the online part of Village) as a 25th Anniversary thing in their internal docs so this might be that? You can sign up here - https://www.residentevil.com/village...pics/25th-cbt/

Last edited by rewak; 14-01-21 at 19:54.