www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 31-01-21, 19:16   #1
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Default What video game moment will stick with you for the rest of your life?

It's a question going around twitter atm. But I thought it'd be interesting to see everyone's answers here.

Mine are: (yeah, I can't just pick one! You're allowed a few too. )

Tomb Raider 1- first steps inside the snowy cave

I can't express how profound this moment was for me. It felt instantly so real and atmospheric and I was hooked unlike I'd ever felt in a game world previously. I had to see what was there, where those wolfprints led.

Silent Hill 1 - otherworld

I can't find a picture of the exact moment when you're at the school at the siren goes off and the school changes from dark and scary, to dark, evil and terrifying.

I played this game on my own late at night (boyfriend in bed asleep) and I had to go around the house putting all the lights on. It was so frightening in a way that I have never found scary games to be since.

TLOU - When Ellie and Bill meet

I was already very immersed in the game, but this moment always stood out because it was perfectly written, the build up to the meeting and then the reveal of Bill. And how he and Ellie instantly disliked each other.

These are my starting 3. I have many others.

List yours below.
Old 31-01-21, 19:38   #2
biscuits
Professor

Mass Effect 3- The Citadel DLC

Mass Effect takes top spot as my favorite set of games of all time. I can't even bring myself to choose a favorite.
The Citadel DLC is my favorite gaming thing ever. I loved it from beginning to end. It was a love letter to the series and felt like a wonderful way to say goodbye to the characters who became my Commander Shepard's close companions. It's perfect in every way.

Tomb Raider- The Burning Monastery

I've made it no secret that TR13 is my second favorite game of all time, despite all the flaws that I can point out. I don't know why I loved it so much, I just do. Choosing a favorite moment is impossible but if I had to choose one, it would be the burning monastery. Everything from Roth helping Lara cross the bridge to getting the grenade launcher and Lara's famous "I'm coming for you all!!" moment was pure bliss for me. In my many playthroughs of the game, I always find myself looking forward to this stretch of the game. This game may not be perfect, but it is perfect to me.

The entirety of Dragon Age: Inquisition

I can't choose one specific moment from this game, but DAI always gives me the fuzzies. Everytime I think of this game I get very nostalgic because it reminds me of all the happy times in my life. I love the entire game from beginning to end. My favorite moment occured right before the last mission where the player character plays a game of cards with all the party members.
But I mostly love this game because it makes me very nostalgic for my childhood.

Skyrim

Going to the college of Winterhold for the first time. Meeting Paarthurnax and having a philosophical conversation with him takes a close second spot.

GTA 5

Driving around the city and hearing Chicago's 'If You Leave Me Now'.
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 19:44   #3
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
The entirety of Dragon Age: Inquisition

I can't choose one specific moment from this game, but DAI always gives me the fuzzies. Everytime I think of this game I get very nostalgic because it reminds me of all the happy times in my life. I love the entire game from beginning to end. My favorite moment occured right before the last mission where the player character plays a game of cards with all the party members.
But I mostly love this game because it makes me very nostalgic for my childhood.
My favourite DAI moment wasn't in the main game. It's the trespasser dlc reveal of Solas. That single moment has me hooked ever since and desperate for DA4.

Next favourite moment is the Cullen romance, although I will say he was a bit too easy to win over. Lol.
Old 31-01-21, 19:45   #4
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
My favourite DAI moment wasn't in the main game. It's the trespasser dlc reveal of Solas. That single moment has me hooked ever since and desperate for DA4.

Next favourite moment is the Cullen romance, although I will say he was a bit too easy to win over. Lol.
Trespasser was soooo good. I loved it.
Yeah Cullen was extremely easy lol
biscuits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 19:55   #5
TrustyBow
Professor

The Ashtray Maze section in Control

Playing that for the first time gave me a high that I don't think any other game will be able to recreate.
Old 31-01-21, 19:59   #6
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

It's early yet. Move along Ma Chere, you make the place look crowded.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-21, 20:15   #7
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver first FMV

Nothing surpasses that scene movies or games; it was epic; brilliant script, voice acting, visuals and music.

The way Raziel fell down into the abyss and transformed. I can never forget that moment.

The time when CD was a creative studio.
Old 31-01-21, 20:27   #8
Los Angeles
Relic Hunter

Nuff said.
Old 31-01-21, 23:53   #9
trfan16
Archaeologist

A lot of my favorite franchises have plenty of memorable moments, but I tried to pick out the one moment that pops into my head when I think about said series.

Tomb Raider I - Palace Midas

There are quite a few memorable moments in the first four Classic games, but the Midas hand death in Palace Midas is always the one that sticks out the most. I remember first playing this level and thinking that the producers wouldn't include a literal "golden touch" death. But they didn't disappoint. There's something about this death that makes it very grim. Maybe it has to do with Lara dying alone in some ancient ruins with the possibility of her baby never being found.

Resident Evil - Dog Hallway Scene

The first three RE games have plenty of scary moments, but the dog corridor in the Spencer Mansion will always be the most memorable for me. It was a very unexpected moment and this is also your first encounter with an enemy that's not a zombie. My other choice would've been the first zombie encounter near the dining room.

Silent Hill 2 - Flaming Staircase

It was a tough choice between the hotel scene where James find out the truth and the flaming staircase scene between Angela and James. The staircase scene won me over for the soundtrack used during this scene and Angela's tragic story. The dialogue between James and Angela and the imagery used during this scene is one of the best in the series.

Ocarina of Time - Spirit Temple

Link finally arrives at the final temple of the game and Ganondorf's homeland. The journey to get to the Spirit Temple is long and rough - Link gets captured by a group of thieves, you must rescue 4 carpenters from said thieves, and cross a barren wasteland with limited visibility. But finally reaching the Spirit Temple is very satisfying. The Spirit Temple is my favorite temple in the game and has one of the best soundtracks in the game as well.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 00:00   #10
Profc
Archaeologist

This monstrosity.

Back when I was ten years old, it really caught me of guard, and scared me ****less. Worst of all, it can't be killed.

One of the users created a forum profile many years ago just to reply to a post I created about this eel,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor1988 View Post
I had to register for this site, just to say, thank god i'm not the only one that that thing scared the **** out of. my nephews still laugh at me, but i screamed so loud the first time that my other nephew jumped into the air conditioning system. i could not do that part for years. it traumatized me. gotten past it now, but it's still my fondest and most hated tomb raider memory.
Yes, I hated this creature too. 2011, feels just like yesterday.

Last edited by Profc; 01-02-21 at 00:15.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote