Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 01-07-18, 16:43   #12611
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
I think it would clear things up if they told us that this is a different Lara, don't expect her to morph into her older self.
It would have been a lot better had they just declared it a different series as Ubisoft did; when they realized their Prince of Persia game had ended up so far from it's source material they called it Assassin's Creed. Which was a good thing for Assassin's Creed as it could then take it's own creative direction without being hindered by the baggage of Prince of Persia.

This TR reboot is gonna be too little Tomb Raider for me to give a damn and too much Tomb Raider for it go it's own direction.
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 16:46   #12612
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
It's a matter of patience. I think the reboot backlash could be attributed to the devs blue balling us. I can only hear "becoming who she's meant to be" so many times
Have a zambuka shot every time you hear either that or "become the Tomb Raider". Hello liver failure.

I'm hoping now, with EM taking the reigns, they are going to start transforming her back into Lara. I understand they do have to do it kinda slow though, with how radically different she is, in order for it to feel kind of organic.
Quote:
I think it would clear things up if they told us that this is a different Lara, don't expect her to morph into her older self.
Ugh perish the thought, because if this Lara endures then I seriously am going to lose interest in the series altogether. Can't speak for everyone, but just for me.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 16:51   #12613
iWANEX
Golden

Quote:
They’ve said that already, if I remember correctly.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 16:54   #12614
biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Ugh perish the thought, because if this Lara endures then I seriously am going to lose interest in the series altogether. Can't speak for everyone, but just for me.
This is where we differ I guess. Of all the problems I have with the reboot games Lara isn't one of them. She's actually my silver lining. I love this character.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 16:54   #12615
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Have a zambuka shot every time you hear either that or "become the Tomb Raider". Hello liver failure.

I'm hoping now, with EM taking the reigns, they are going to start transforming her back into Lara. I understand they do have to do it kinda slow though, with how radically different she is, in order for it to feel kind of organic.
Yeah I REALLY don't like this Lara either.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 17:13   #12616
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yeah I REALLY don't like this Lara either.
Yeah, I hate to say it but I feel the same. Just everything from her lack of Lara iconography (getting slightly better in Shadow but still) to her voice to her personality... I just... ugh. She leaves so much to be desired for me personally, I find her incredibly boring and not compelling in the slightest, we'll leave it there. Not trying to bash people who do like her, but I have a right to feel this way.

I wouldn't care if she was anyone else and this was an entirely new series with a new character, in fact while I'd still probably not love the character I would probably appreciate her a bit more. However I think for some Lara Croft fans who don't like her, it really does sting because they set it up like she's supposed to be the "new and improved" replacement for Lara.

Again, maybe Shadow will change my mind, maybe it won't. I can have my mind changed at any point, I'm not someone who just "hates" for the sake of it.
Old 01-07-18, 17:44   #12617
biscuits

I don't know why publications like to pile up on AOD
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1012705238208245761
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 17:54   #12618
Samz

Quote:
I don't know why publications like to pile up on AOD
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1012705238208245761
Its the one that everyone can pretend to hate to go "HEy look we're real gamers we don't like this competely ****ty one too, now dont mind us while we give 2013/Shadow 10/10 and claim they're open world!" (I'm not kidding they called 2013 open world)
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 18:20   #12619
Yeauxleaux

Omg that gif someone posted of AoD Lara laughing and then it said "prepare to die"
Old 01-07-18, 18:29   #12620
trfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Its the one that everyone can pretend to hate to go "HEy look we're real gamers we don't like this competely ****ty one too, now dont mind us while we give 2013/Shadow 10/10 and claim they're open world!" (I'm not kidding they called 2013 open world)
AOD has been maligned by critics and gamers long before the Reboot games came into existence.

Quote:
Omg that gif someone posted of AoD Lara laughing and then it said "prepare to die"
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed that GIF. XD Was this is an actual scene from AOD? I've seen this GIF used a few times before, but I don't ever remember seeing that scene in the game.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote