Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 02-02-18, 19:47   #131
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Does the SCU work only with the disc version of Legend or also with the Steam version?
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 15:32   #132
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

For the disk versions of Legend (all world regions) you need to install the Legend patch 1.2 to get the SCU working.

As a matter of interest, Patch 1.1 is for Europe only, but patch 1.2 does all world, so best just to download that instead.

The problem for you....
The problem is that the Legend patch specifically states that it is for All Disc Based Versions, but not the Online Version (steam).

So as far as I can see the SCU cannot be used for steam, but...

I would advise you if you do want to use the SCU, just go out and buy a PC disk version, as it is cheap to buy in a games store or cheaper secondhand on Ebay (Europe) for a few Euro's, and then download the patch 1.2, and run SCU. Easy
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 23:40   #133
ANoDE
Golden

Judging from previous posts, I'd say it should work with Steam version as well.

Since I lost the source code for the SCU (and there's not really any magic behind it), I've started re-implementing it.

The project is now hosted here:
https://github.com/ANoDE85/PyTR7SCU

The latest release (0.0.10.0) is available here: https://github.com/ANoDE85/PyTR7SCU/.../tag/v0.0.10.0

Last edited by ANoDE; 12-02-18 at 20:52.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 03:48   #134
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Actually it works with the Steam version...since it automatically updates its games to the latest version. So, the Steam version of Legend is the 1.2.
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-18, 16:52   #135
ANoDE
Golden

Thanks for the update
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-18, 17:08   #136
_Seth

Thanks for the link.

Is there any fun stuff, like moonjump, getting the bike anywhere or running underwater with no water physics? That crazy kinda stuff you see.
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-18, 21:21   #137
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Is there any fun stuff, like moonjump, getting the bike anywhere or running underwater with no water physics? That crazy kinda stuff you see.
Getting the motorbike on to any level, you have to hex edit the TRL.exe, and I have supplied hex edited versions in this old thread, please do not post in it....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ight=motorbike

See my video....

Also by using the above SCU, and the button F4 it is possible to make the motorbike fly, increase inertia and crash violently, and climb walls. (also in the video you see different lara's clothes and also moving the camera controls, details will be in this thread somewhere)....

The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-21, 23:14   #138
Barry Matharoo

I had to enable god mode for the awful Khazakstan Bike level on Hard. After finishing the level I quit the game and restarted it using steam but now it seems there is no way to turn god mode off. Any ideas?

Edit: Running the game again from SCU with godmode disabled seems to have fixed it.

Last edited by Barry Matharoo; 15-01-21 at 23:45.
Barry Matharoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-21, 03:09   #139
perryloo

It does say on message 10, how to reset SCU as follows....

Oh well, and I forgot to mention: When you start the game with the SCU, its settings stay resident, even when you start the game "normally" afterwards. To return to the default settings, please uncheck all options in the SCU and click on "Save Configuration"!
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-21, 15:24   #140
pitchtheripoff

I know that this isn't worked on that much anymore but I wanted to ask something.

When I was playing Ghana through the SCU, when I died I got put into the level without any music, triggers, cutscenes and unable to progress after the giant door that opens the temple. Is that fixable or a game problem?
pitchtheripoff is offline   Reply With Quote