www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 08-07-20, 21:34   #16891
maxcroft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
In my opinion, the way he talked about it, was in a way heís legally allowed to talk about it.

Iíd say Iíve gone from 99% certain the film is cancelled, to 80% sure. So thatís a positive
Ah yes, because the fate of the film depends on whether some random forum user thinks it is cancelled or not. You spend so much time on this particular forum trying so hard to prove your assumptions are correct and make other people feel stupid. Iím genuinely trying to think of what you gain from it. Some false sense of intelligence, or superiority? At the end of the day, would the film being cancelled finally make you feel validated or better than everyone?
maxcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 21:56   #16892
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I like the idea of ​​a global adventure ...

I don't understand that obsession with cancellation (of some people) when:

-There is a screenwriter, director and a script already written
-There is confirmation by the director and the actress that the film continues
-There are people who have worked in concept arts
-There are casting calls
-There are MGM documents confirming how important Tomb Raider is to them as a franchise

I can understand mistrust when the movie is simply an draft... But this movie is already in an advanced state, with an investment already made in it ... canceling it now would be just stupid. And even more so when MGM does not have any more interesting film on its calendar.
The movie is simply frozen by COVID like 98% of current movies

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 08-07-20 at 21:59.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-20, 22:01   #16893
Ellioft
Professor

Also I wonder if Ben have done every storyboard for the movie
That's maybe why we can't find anything about them outside of one guy
At least they can't be creative differences between the screenwriter,the director and the storyboarder.
Old 08-07-20, 22:07   #16894
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Yeah, Jake Lunt is a friend of Ben somI guess they could be very collaborative. I don't want to read too much into it but by the way he talked at the end I wonder if Tomb Raider will be next on his list rather than the other film he was supposed to make in ajuly. The way he talks about "Tomb Raider happening then... then..." it may just be the way he phrased it though in no particular order.
Old 08-07-20, 22:07   #16895
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcroft View Post
Ah yes, because the fate of the film depends on whether some random forum user thinks it is cancelled or not. You spend so much time on this particular forum trying so hard to prove your assumptions are correct and make other people feel stupid. I’m genuinely trying to think of what you gain from it. Some false sense of intelligence, or superiority? At the end of the day, would the film being cancelled finally make you feel validated or better than everyone?
I just said that my belief in it being cancelled has gone down. I said this before, but I wouldn’t want the film to be cancelled at all. You need to stop taking my speculation as a personal attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I like the idea of ​​a global adventure ...

I don't understand that obsession with cancellation (of some people) when:

-There is a screenwriter, director and a script already written
-There is confirmation by the director and the actress that the film continues
-There are people who have worked in concept arts
-There are casting calls
-There are MGM documents confirming how important Tomb Raider is to them as a franchise

I can understand mistrust when the movie is simply an draft... But this movie is already in an advanced state, with an investment already made in it ... canceling it now would be just stupid. And even more so when MGM does not have any more interesting film on its calendar.
The movie is simply frozen by COVID like 98% of current movies
Plenty of films have progressed further than that, and still been cancelled.
I’m aware 98% of films have been frozen, my point was that MGM isn’t as financially stable as other companies to freeze itself and then survive.

MGM saying they film is important to them, does not take priority over a pandemic financially destroying said company. I have never implied that the film has been cancelled because they don’t care about it. You keep bringing up this point as a rebuttal. A rebuttal to a point I never made.

Me thinking the film is cancelled ≠ me wanting the film to be cancelled.

Quote:
Ah yes, because the fate of the film depends on whether some random forum user thinks it is cancelled or not.
You realize this applies to you too, right?

Last edited by SoraSakai; 08-07-20 at 22:24.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 00:19   #16896
maxcroft
Hobbyist

Random - but Tomb Raider 2018 came out on Netflix Canada today and itís already the #3 most popular movie on the site right now!
maxcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 00:47   #16897
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Random - but Tomb Raider 2018 came out on Netflix Canada today and itís already the #3 most popular movie on the site right now!
That's pretty awesome. I always wondered why they never put it on Netflix over here in the states. I'm sure it'd do well.
Old 09-07-20, 06:22   #16898
suli
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post

Thatís great. We all already knew all of that though.
And no. This interview does not confirm the film hasnít been cancelled. Again, the pandemic severely and heavily financially crippled MGM, a company that was already struggling. Legally, Ben wouldnít be able to say ďOh yeah itís cancelled because MGM lost all their money.Ē

So as far as Iím concerned nothings changed for me. I donít think the film is in a very good state at all.
are you for realz? if it was cancelled and he didn't want to talk about it he can ask the interviewer not to mention the film. He said it's coming, he's not a liar.
suli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 07:17   #16899
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Filming is starting on Uncharted so I hope they can get Tomb Raider up and running soon.
Old 09-07-20, 07:40   #16900
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suli View Post
are you for realz? if it was cancelled and he didn't want to talk about it he can ask the interviewer not to mention the film. He said it's coming, he's not a liar.
I guess you’ll just have to accept that I think what I think and try not to get so offended by it.

The lower I keep my expectations, the happier I’ll be if they’re exceeded.

If the movie is cancelled, then all of you are going to be so devastated for letting yourselves hype up so much. Whereas I would have made peace with that fact months ago.

If the movie isn’t cancelled and filming starts, then I get to be even more excited because my expectations for that happening were set so low.