www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 23-09-20, 18:35   #17391
Rai

*Disclaimer: I'm just being silly with the following.

Surely social distancing is not a problem if Lara is on her own 90%+ of the time?
Old 23-09-20, 18:42   #17392
Trenton
Tomb Raider

^New TR film that features Lara doing solitary exploration and battling CGI creatures only confirmed.
Old 23-09-20, 22:33   #17393
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Sure the current worsening of the Covid situation is likely to cause even further delays, but that goes across the board for the entire film industry I’d say. The current situation (both for shooting films and more importantly their eventual theatrical release) will improve, particularly after a vaccine hits the market. So what looks dire now is likely to look very different 1-2 years from now.
I’m sure companies involved with this film keeps this in mind so I’m keeping positive and am not worrying about this film being cancelled at this stage.
What vaccine ? Literally what are you talking about? lol
Old 23-09-20, 23:12   #17394
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
What vaccine ? Literally what are you talking about? lol
The vaccine that will eventually be made for the coronavirus.
Old 24-09-20, 00:38   #17395
Ellioft
Professor

I just finished my first real Youtube video for my first channel dedicated to Tomb Raider as a franchise. The first video is about the Tomb Raider sequel (I have made by myself the opening/logo/editing/recording and the writing). But... it's all in French
Old 24-09-20, 01:06   #17396
SoraSakai
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
The vaccine that will eventually be made for the coronavirus.
That could take a decade. Maybe even longer. Maybe even never.
Old 24-09-20, 01:11   #17397
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I just finished my first real Youtube video for my first channel dedicated to Tomb Raider as a franchise. The first video is about the Tomb Raider sequel (I have made by myself the opening/logo/editing/recording and the writing). But... it's all in French .
That's cool, but have you added subtitles? You know, so us non French can understand it .
Do you have a link?

I actually agree with Sora here, waiting for a possible vaccine could take far too long. Hollywood needs to get going again. Films that were already in production have started back up again, but films like TR that were put on hold before production started, need to find a way too. We've had news of supposed calls for crew and casting calls recently, but are those still going ahead, does the situation in the UK change things and if so, how? We probably won't know the specifics. I don't think movie studios can wait 1-2 years in uncertainty.

Last edited by Rai; 24-09-20 at 01:29.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-20, 01:40   #17398
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
That's cool, but have you added subtitles? You know, so us non French can understand it .
Do you have a link?
Well I didn't have added subtitles for now but it's nothing you already know

Old 24-09-20, 02:27   #17399
SoraSakai
Professor

Exactly. Studios like Marvel or Disney can, because they have really deep pockets of money to pull from. But MGM doesn’t.

Even Netflix has had to cancel a lot of their major series due to the pandemic. Most recently, they cancelled Dark Crystal.

Tomb Raider 2 isn’t the kind of movie where it makes sense to start production after such a long delay. By that point the moment has passed. Fans will still be eager on it, true, but the general public would have basically forgotten about the movie by that point.

I promise you, without the slightest shadow of a doubt that this film is not happening and will never happen. 100% it is cancelled.
Old 24-09-20, 06:33   #17400
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I just finished my first real Youtube video for my first channel dedicated to Tomb Raider as a franchise. The first video is about the Tomb Raider sequel (I have made by myself the opening/logo/editing/recording and the writing). But... it's all in French
Nice! I donít understand a word of French, but I will give it a go anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I actually agree with Sora here, waiting for a possible vaccine could take far too long. Hollywood needs to get going again. Films that were already in production have started back up again, but films like TR that were put on hold before production started, need to find a way too. We've had news of supposed calls for crew and casting calls recently, but are those still going ahead, does the situation in the UK change things and if so, how? We probably won't know the specifics. I don't think movie studios can wait 1-2 years in uncertainty.
Not saying they should halt production until there is a vaccine. I think they should start shooting as soon as practically (and safely) possible. But right now the theatrical market is pretty much dead so while it is feasible to start shooting a film right now (or very soon) releasing it and actually making a profit from it is a different story. But the reason I remain positive is that this situation can change vastly in 1-2 years time, if we are lucky enough to either get a vaccine distributed on the market within that time frame or if simply general Covid measures turns out efficient enough to keep the pandemic at low enough levels so that theaters can get back to something akin to business as usual.
Hopefully MGM/WB sees this similarly and are willing to take a gamble on the market having recovered sufficiently by release time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I promise you, without the slightest shadow of a doubt that this film is not happening and will never happen. 100% it is cancelled.
I think you should have this as your signature.