Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 14-06-20, 11:53   #1
ATombRaiderFan

Post Things of interest

Hey everyone, I've decided to start another thread for interesting and amusing things we can share for Underworld. Feel free to contribute on anything at all.

During the opening cutscene at the med sea I noticed there was a puff of smoke. At first I thought it was an undersea volcano. See image 1.
Turns out it's Amanda's boat. She just hasn't arrived yet. See image 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	0
Size:	370.3 KB
ID:	3448   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Size:	490.1 KB
ID:	3449  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 02-03-24 at 09:04.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 12:36   #2
Zsott

Oh boy, here we go again...

-The statue puzzle in Bhogavati originally required 3 crystals. Two for the hands, one for the pedestal. The third crystal still can be obtained, also it's still has its own description and can be put on the pedestal

-The monastery in Nepal, is located within the level Yggdrasil. Once Lara enters it, it will play it's own ambient music.

-One of the screens in the tech room, in the manor shows mexico, when Lara wasn't there yet. Still, that picture was taken at daylight, which was was an early feature/built of that level

-Lara's camcorder's brand is NGTR, which stands for 'Next Generation Tomb Raider'

-You can glitch yourself into Amelias room, simply using a grenade.
Just throw it against the wall, when it blows, make sure it will push Lara into that room. Lara will die, but upon reloading, the checkpoint will register, so you can take a look at Amelia's body.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 12:38   #3
Lara_Fan1

During the prologue if you look over the fireplace half of Amelias face is burnt off foreshadowing what Amelia will look like.

There is a picture of a developer who died whilst making Underworld on Lara’s Yatch; Kyle Mannenburg.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 12:56   #4
ATombRaiderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post

-The statue puzzle in Bhogavati originally required 3 crystals. Two for the hands, one for the pedestal. The third crystal still can be obtained, also it's still has its own description and can be put on the pedestal

-The monastery in Nepal, is located within the level Yggdrasil. Once Lara enters it, it will play it's own ambient music.

-One of the screens in the tech room, in the manor shows mexico, when Lara wasn't there yet. Still, that picture was taken at daylight, which was was an early feature/built of that level

-Lara's camcorder's brand is NGTR, which stands for 'Next Generation Tomb Raider'

-You can glitch yourself into Amelias room, simply using a grenade.
Just throw it against the wall, when it blows, make sure it will push Lara into that room. Lara will die, but upon reloading, the checkpoint will register, so you can take a look at Amelia's body.
Thanks for sharing! I did noticed some of Zip's monitors were still working and some of the images looked familiar. Reminds me of Legend, if you have Next Gen content enabled you will see Rutland's photo on one of Zip's pcs in the manor level. If disabled then it's blacked out iirc (played the manor before starting the main storyline).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
During the prologue if you look over the fireplace half of Amelias face is burnt off foreshadowing what Amelia will look like.

There is a picture of a developer who died whilst making Underworld on Lara’s Yatch; Kyle Mannenburg.
I knew there was something up with the picture of Lara's parents but didn't dwell on it. Top trolling from the devs

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 14-06-20 at 12:59.
Old 14-06-20, 13:44   #5
adamtombraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post

-The statue puzzle in Bhogavati originally required 3 crystals. Two for the hands, one for the pedestal. The third crystal still can be obtained, also it's still has its own description and can be put on the pedestal.
How do you get the Kali Crystal
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 15:42   #6
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtombraider View Post
How do you get the Kali Crystal
You have to be out of bounds, a room not far from the main Bogavati hall.

If you reach the top of Lara's boat (easily accessible with Amanda's bigger boat), Lara could perform an unseen move there. It's similar to the climb on fence move from AOD, but Lara in TRU will turn in 360° to lay her grabbed at a ledge.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-20, 19:57   #7
BloodFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
You have to be out of bounds, a room not far from the main Bogavati hall.

If you reach the top of Lara's boat (easily accessible with Amanda's bigger boat), Lara could perform an unseen move there. It's similar to the climb on fence move from AOD, but Lara in TRU will turn in 360° to lay her grabbed at a ledge.
Heres a video showing the items out of bounds. At 0:33 you can see them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alvY0kxrjnI
BloodFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 08:42   #8
Zreen001

There's also a speedrun technique bypassing almost half the game by skipping a trigger at the end of the Prologue Manor level and moving around to instead trigger the cutscene of the Doppelganger showing up on the other side of Zip's glass (or as I call it, Ziplock). That turns the Prologue Manor level into the rest of the actual Manor level and in turn starts Mexico.

Not quite sure how it's done and never tried it myself but you have to avoid dropping down to the main foyer after reaching the other side of the staircase and make your way around the painting of mum and dad. Also not sure if it's been patched out of PC.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-20, 16:30   #9
ATombRaiderFan

Here's a good look at Odin's map which we barely get to see during the Croft Manor cutscene. The red spots mark where each of Thor's equipment is located. One of each gauntlet in the Med Sea and Thailand, the belt in Mexico, and the hammer between Norway and Greenland (Jan Mayen Island).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	3450  

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 02-03-24 at 09:04.
Old 16-06-20, 23:12   #10
NickieLeeCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zreen001 View Post
There's also a speedrun technique bypassing almost half the game by skipping a trigger at the end of the Prologue Manor level and moving around to instead trigger the cutscene of the Doppelganger showing up on the other side of Zip's glass (or as I call it, Ziplock). That turns the Prologue Manor level into the rest of the actual Manor level and in turn starts Mexico.

Not quite sure how it's done and never tried it myself but you have to avoid dropping down to the main foyer after reaching the other side of the staircase and make your way around the painting of mum and dad. Also not sure if it's been patched out of PC.
I used some trainer that allowed me to super jump or something like that but basically just avoid dropping down and with some jumping (even without trainer) you can skip first 3 levels and after prologue start in mexico 😁
NickieLeeCroft is offline   Reply With Quote