Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 04-12-20, 17:26   #181
thewolf
Golden

Question

Hope you guys can help me out I have a small problem with my game. If I don't interact with Lara for 30seconds while I'm ingame (not inventory) the game throws me back to the title screen. I've never encountered this before As if it's demo mode and the game thinks now I must go back to menu
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 22:00   #182
DaroRaider

That's rare, I was aware that when you was in the title screen, after 30 seconds the game starts playing the demo. But you are saying that you are in-game and you go back to the main menu??

Edit: why are you a "golden" user?

Last edited by DaroRaider; 04-12-20 at 23:23.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 01:24   #183
Topixtor

When you disable demo mode, the inventory screen still does the closing and re-opening animation without trying to open the demo as far as I know.

I think in The Great Wall if you stand still for too long it actually works as if you are in the main menu, maybe just with some scripts or .exes? So, it tries to open the Demo and, when it fails, it automatically opens the main menu again, probably. I'm not sure.
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 18:11   #184
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 13-04-22 at 14:03.
Felix Kroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 19:45   #185
thewolf
Golden

Lightbulb

Thanks for the quick replies. I checked the scipt and saw a checkmark on "no input timout" . After removing it the game was running fine without going back to the title screen

Hello Felix,

1. As far as I know the underwater sinks make trouble in Dxtre3d. For TR2 the sinks will always push or suck Lara in complete different directions than you want them Lara to go.
Only thing that works is if you place a sink in room number 1. Room 1 will work without any problems for your sink in TR2.

I never build a TR3 level but I think Feder did say in TR3 they don't make any problems....... for TR1 it could be the same as in TR2.

What you can try is to place a sink in your Room 1 and fill it with water to test it out.
Second thing what you can do is to use a base file like (Tomp of Tihocan) or (Francis Folly) those files also had underwater sinks. It could be possible that the sinks got hardcoded into the game in the past but I can't tell.

If all fails you could ask Feder personally, he might knows more about TR1

2.You mean your textures got rotated in different directions? I once had something similar with animated textures. I couldn't solve it in Dxtre3d but in order to make the textures correct in the compiled level , I rotated them inside Dxtre3d in wrong directions so they showed correct ingame
You can also open your compiled level in Rview and rotate your textures there so they fit perfectly
Old 07-12-20, 21:53   #186
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 13-04-22 at 14:02.
Felix Kroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-20, 11:28   #187
thewolf
Golden

Yeah, sometimes the weirdest things can happen with Dxtre3d. Things I can't even explain by myself.

I hope you could solve the problems and good luck with your project
Old 05-09-23, 13:32   #188
Chamayoo

Hello ! It's been years since I touched TRLE, and I only experienced TRLE and no other tools.
If I want to create a TR1 level, I understand DEXTRE3D is the right way ?
It seems the website who hosts the link to download is in maintenance : http://www.aspidetr.com/maintenance.php
Too bad for me !

EDIT : I noticed TombEditor deals with TR1 engine so I will jump right into the tool instead, which seems more modern.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 05-09-23 at 13:46.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-23, 13:51   #189
piano_raider

Hello Chamayoo!
Yeah, just wanted to say: TombEditor is the way to go Here is my guide, how to set up a TR1-Level.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=228267
Many greetings, and have fun with building
piano_raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-23, 14:22   #190
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano_raider View Post
Hello Chamayoo!
Yeah, just wanted to say: TombEditor is the way to go Here is my guide, how to set up a TR1-Level.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=228267
Many greetings, and have fun with building
This is so perfect ! Many thanks !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote