Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-22, 09:50   #3451
PinkyPromise
Professor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,704
Default

Edgar Wright would be an excellent choice as a director. He is British and has a lot of talent.

Aubrey Plaza is older than Alicia. I doubt that she is a candidate.

I think that if Alicia is not chosen again, Daisy Ridley or Emma Watson could be important candidates. They are both British, young, very popular and now they don't have any franchises.

Although let's not forget the other candidates for TR2018:

-Emilia Clarke
-Saoirse Ronan
-Cara Delevingne

Let's hope they don't return to that list...

It also depends on how long the new movie takes. A new actress may emerge and be the perfect choice.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 10-08-22 at 09:55.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 09:54   #3452
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider
 
Tonyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Devil's Pit
Posts: 20,698
Default

I dunno if Emma Watson would want the role in another potential franchise. In the past she has spoken about not being a fan of the fame that comes with the territory and has taken a step out of the public eye for the foreseeable.

Daisy Ridley would be a great choice, Margot Robbie too. I dunno if they'll go for younger or older this time. I'm potentially hopeful for a Lara that is in her 30s.

Alicia will be a tough act to follow.
__________________
Does anybody really read these?!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 09:59   #3453
PinkyPromise
Professor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I dunno if Emma Watson would want the role in another potential franchise. In the past she has spoken about not being a fan of the fame that comes with the territory and has taken a step out of the public eye for the foreseeable.
Emma Watson auditioned for Yelena role in Black Widow. Winning Florence Pugh. So, it seems that she is interested

TR could be an interesting role for her: traveling, spreading culture, fashion model british...

Quote:
Alicia will be a tough act to follow.
Angelina Jolie, Alicia Vikander. They must choose a great name. There is a prestigious legacy

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 10-08-22 at 10:02.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 14:17   #3454
JayB_1988
Explorer
 
JayB_1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 934
Default

OMG please not Emma Watson! I can’t look at her she is so flat, boring and has the body of a young man. No lips, no charisma, nothing,…. No thanks!

I prefer Emma Stone than lol

Recently watched Resident Evil Netflix show. The fans hate it but I liked it. Paola Nez was the best. Never seen her before in anything but she is so beautiful! Even she could be a greater Lara than Emma Watson.

Last edited by JayB_1988; 10-08-22 at 14:19.
JayB_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 15:24   #3455
PinkyPromise
Professor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB_1988 View Post
Recently watched Resident Evil Netflix show. The fans hate it but I liked it. Paola Nez was the best. Never seen her before in anything but she is so beautiful! Even she could be a greater Lara than Emma Watson.
Angelina Jolie, icon, oscar winner, Alicia Vikander, fashion icon, oscar winner... sure the best option is Paola Nez like new Lara Croft. Aha.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 16:26   #3456
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 36,317
Default

"Emma Watson has the body of a young man" Ermm...say what? While I think Emma is lovely and a good actress, I don't really see her as Lara, but come on, a body of a young man? While she's not as curvaceous as Lara, her body type isn't like a young man's either. Mind you people said similar about Alicia too .
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 17:00   #3457
PinkyPromise
Professor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,704
Default

Emma is amazing and she doesnt looks like a men

https://imgur.com/a/J0Pi4jC

I really want an A list actress (like Angelina or Alicia) to elevate the movie.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 10-08-22 at 17:03.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 17:07   #3458
Pelagius
Archaeologist
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Posts: 1,002
Default

I'll watch most things with Angelina in it and it would be something of an irony to see her return to the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
"Emma Watson has the body of a young man" Ermm...say what? While I think Emma is lovely and a good actress, I don't really see her as Lara, but come on, a body of a young man? While she's not as curvaceous as Lara, her body type isn't like a young man's either. Mind you people said similar about Alicia too .
I like Emma well enough, but she looks too... innocent and girl-next-door-ish, I think. She could nail the curious bookworm version of LC dead on, but you need someone a bit more amazonian for combat scenes. I don't think Alicia quite pulled that off either.
Pelagius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 17:38   #3459
Moon-Safari
Tomb Raider
 
Moon-Safari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York City Gender: Male
Posts: 10,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Emma is amazing and she doesnt looks like a men

https://imgur.com/a/J0Pi4jC

I really want an A list actress (like Angelina or Alicia) to elevate the movie.
That's a very old pic. She currently looks like she developed a drug habit unfortunately.



And she should've never been given Bell in the beauty and the beast remake. It was truly awful casting.
__________________
LAU and Order

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 10-08-22 at 17:42.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-22, 18:28   #3460
PinkyPromise
Professor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
That's a very old pic. She currently looks like she developed a drug habit unfortunately.



And she should've never been given Bell in the beauty and the beast remake. It was truly awful casting.
You must not believe those horrible photos! Any celebrity has many of them. The media take pictures with the worst intentions to sell.

The same day, on video. She looks fabulous as always:



A few months ago at fashion week



I think it's horrible to spread rumors or believe newspapers that do anything for clickbait.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 10-08-22 at 18:30.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 21:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.