Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Engine

Old 10-10-21, 10:55   #11
Lwmte

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
This sounds huge and revolutionary. Is the sub-sectoring really unconstrained though? As in, the grid can be as small as we want? From a previous reply I gather that the sector can be at most 1/8 the size of current ones.
Yes, it's now really unconstrained, but primarily for so called "bridge objects". But when in original their collision was hardly bound to sectors, it's now unbound and relies only on its own real bounding box you specify in WT for every object. Basically it means you can now assign such collision method for any object, including enemies, doors, animatings and such. Collision is also updated dynamically, so you can have animated objects having climbable and standable collision without any scripting.

For sectors themselves, world unit is still 1024, but good news is now they have arbitrary split angle in design, so arbitrary block shapes are possible, not only triangles. You can have trapezoids, prisms etc, as well as half block straight splits. Sadly now the limitation is TE which should support such arbitrary shapes.

@AkyV yes, I guess that thread can be now closed TR5Main name is a bit misleading, because right now we have another TOMB5 decompilation project going which is more belonging to "TR*Main" projects family.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 13:46   #12
FairFriend

I see, that's a great improvement. Thanks for the explanation, cant wait to see more.
FairFriend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 14:06   #13
justin

As always, I am blown away by this dedication for us. I can't thank you guys enough for this tireless work
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 15:51   #14
vasatomb

..and 4 official add-ons...
1 for tr1, 1 for tr2, 1 for tr3... So.. What the 4th addon?

Didn't I know something? What is the fourth addon? Which part?
--------
Well, and very, very, very much text... One thing is clear from it - well, a lot of things still need to be done for the project... Apparently for a couple of years more work.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 16:09   #15
AkyV

Tr4 Times Exclusive level.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 16:26   #16
vasatomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Tr4 Times Exclusive level.
And how can it be considered an addon, because it's just ONE level and that's it! On the Russian website in the section "series of games on TR" it is not even there! Unlike the addons to the first three parts!
Conclusion: this is not an addon.
Old 10-10-21, 16:50   #17
jvry

I reject your definition, vasatomb.

It may be completely standalone, but it is still an official add-on level to the franchise. Whether the Russian website lists it is, quite frankly, irrelevant.
jvry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 18:31   #18
vasatomb

Lwmte, I don't understand English very well and used the translator and... Everything got even worse when he "translated" to me - it turns out to be utter nonsense. Well, the question is - how can I Russian understand everything that you wrote at the beginning, if even with a translator, understanding of what is written becomes even worse?
-----------------
В некоторых местах переводчик такую "лабуду" выдает, что легче от перевода не становится.
Old 10-10-21, 19:36   #19
PedroTheGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasatomb View Post
Lwmte, I don't understand English very well and used the translator and... Everything got even worse when he "translated" to me - it turns out to be utter nonsense. Well, the question is - how can I Russian understand everything that you wrote at the beginning, if even with a translator, understanding of what is written becomes even worse?
-----------------
В некоторых местах переводчик такую "лабуду" выдает, что легче от перевода не становится.
just take some english course how you expect people will transate the things unique exclusive from your language? frankly it's unecessary.....
PedroTheGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 01:46   #20
LaraCablara

So, were Core bad programmers? Lazy? Rushed? They did have diagonal walls up and running in that old Tomb Raider 1 demo posted a few months ago so I guess they planned for more interesting geometry at one point.
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote