www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 14-02-21, 15:00   #3831
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Just saw The Two Doctors for the first time, the guy I'm seeing owns all of Classic Who so we watched that and The Moonbase. watched a few minutes of The Web Planet but he hates that episode while I enjoy it

The only problem I have with The Two Doctors is, it's classed as a Sontaran story but we rarely see the Sontaran that much. Also I wish we saw more of The Doctor 6th and 2nd Doctors together. And they did Jamie dirty Jamie is one of my favourite companions from the 60s era of the show.
Apart from that, a great multi Doctor story and I enjoy it just as much as Twice Upon a Time

Last edited by sackboy123; 14-02-21 at 15:01.
sackboy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-21, 21:02   #3832
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

It'll take a while before they get around to Season 22 with The Collection. That and Season 20, that way at least we'll have all Patrick Troughton episodes before from the post 60's episodes. I doubt we'll see the first six seasons any time soon, so it'd be nice to have at least all episodes with the older Doctors before they'll get around to them.
Old 15-02-21, 11:56   #3833
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I tried to watch the old doctor who episodes on Britbox and I couldn't get into it. I didn't like the whole multi part story way the series was shot. It felt too dragged out and a lot of the time not much was happening.

Its funny though because modern who has the opposite problem- trying to do too much in not enough time.
Old 03-03-21, 21:37   #3834
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Listened to my first Big Finish audio on the weekend and I enjoyed it so much

It was Torchwood: Iceberg.

The whole plot with Owen being at a hospital and a unique alien race that is created by draining the memories of patients which results in them being in a coma. An idea which I've never seen used before, gave me Testinmony vibes from Twice Upon a Time; but those were not evil like these.

I hope the rumours of animating Big Finish stories is true after the missing episodes are all done, I could see myself rewatching these more than re listening if I'm honest.
Old 04-03-21, 18:02   #3835
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

You should give more of the m a shot, I own the first 36 stories of the Torchwood range (I also own a bunch of other Torchwood releases).
Haven't had to chance to listen to Iceberg yet, though it's on the list since it's #38 if I'm not mistaken. A couple that absolutely I recommend are:

08 - Zone 10 (Toshiko)
10 - Moving Target (Suzie)
14 - The Dollhouse (Torchwood LA, completely separate and basically a Charlies Angels parody)
16 - torchwood_cascade_ CDRip.tor (Toshiko)
19 - The Death of Captain Jack (Jack and John)
24 - Deadbeat Escape (Bilis Manger)
26 - The Green Life (Jack and Jo Grant)
30 - The Hope (Owen and Andy)

Of these 16 and 30 are my favourite.
16 is all over the place and plays a ton with the medium of this being only audio and it's amazing.
30 is a really dark story and Owen and Andy are quite fun together. And I'm saying that as someone who absolutely loathe Owen.
Old 08-03-21, 21:42   #3836
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Anyone else enjoying the Season 8 boxset?
Just finished Part 1 of Terror of the Autons and I'm enjoying it so much, quite weird seeing naive Jo when I'm use to the Season 10 and SJA version of her. Still not sure on the Delgado Master, he's quite devious; but Missy will always be the best. Still better than the Simm Master anyday
Old 09-03-21, 10:16   #3837
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

I'm hoping to receive mine today, but as of yet. Nothing
Old 19-03-21, 11:41   #3838
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

The Lonely Assassins just released today, just started downloading. Can't wait to try it
Old 27-03-21, 11:58   #3839
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

For those who have missed out on the limited edition Doctor Who Collection, you are now able to pre-order the standard edition releases.

Starting with Season 12 and Season 19
Source:
https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...dard-packaging

Season 12 debuts Tom Baker as The 4th Doctor, alongside his companions Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen) and Harry Sullivan (Ian Marter) in 5 classic stories:

Robot
Ark in Space
The Sontaran Experiment
Genesis of the Daleks
Revenge of the Cybermen

Season 19 introduces Peter Davison as The 5th Doctor alongisde his companions Nyssa (Sarah Sutton), Tegan Jovanka (Janet Fielding) and Adric (Matthew Waterhouse) in 7 classic serials:

Castrovalva
Four to Doomsday
Kinda
The Visitation
Black Orchid
Earthshock
Time-Flight

Both Seasons are set for a release date of the 31st May. No news on Season 24 yet though, that's still set for a 1st June release date according to rumours.