www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 13-04-21, 22:53   #51211
DOPE
Relic Hunter

oh wow it’s currently number one on iTunes here! I don’t love the album as much as most of the fans but Venus, Aura and ARTPOP is Gaga at her creativity peak period. Venus is actually my favorite Gaga song ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
ARTPOP was a SOLID album. So well produced and introducing.
I desperately want her and DJWS to work on a new album, he knows how to bring out her experimental side, on BTW as well. I love chromatica obviously but I really wish we would have gotten the original LG6 too.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 07:24   #51212
strawberry22
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocola teapot View Post
How would you all rate Gaga's albums from most to least favourite?

ARTPOP
Born This Way
Chromatica
The Fame Monster
The Fame
A Star is Born
Joanne
Cheek to Cheek

My 2011 self would have 100% preferred Chromatica over Born This Way but it has aged very well and offers more diversity. Younger me would have placed The Fame over TFM as well.
The Fame
ARTPOP
Born This Way
Joanne
The Fame Monster
Chromatica
ASIB
Cheek To Cheek

Extremely excited about this ARTPOP news and Im SO glad that after all these years its getting its Renaissance. Its like what Ive been saying about it for ages - if she released it this year it would be amazing, since EDM is seeing a return. It just didnt fit the climate it was released in and it pains me to look back at it and see all of the potential and passion that was wasted at the time.

I really do hope she takes it further, we deserve an Act II to the album or at least some follow up material. I have to say Im surprised shes spoken out about it, shows how even in the midst of filming a movie that she truly does care about her fans.

ARTPOP will be reborn and we will clear the dust from this sculpture.
Old 14-04-21, 17:39   #51213
lance6439
Legend

Hope she does something for Chromatica era first like finishing it properly and then we can play with ARTPOP II
Old 14-04-21, 18:07   #51214
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE View Post

I desperately want her and DJWS to work on a new album, he knows how to bring out her experimental side, on BTW as well. I love chromatica obviously but I really wish we would have gotten the original LG6 too.
I'm kinda surprised they're on good terms tbh. In about 2018 DJWS was tweeting the album was done and was ARTPOP's little.sister... then a few months later tweeted, in a very curt way, that he was no longer involved.

It doesn't seem she was too keen on working with him anymore. Unless it was a mutual decision not to release it but he was already hyping it up.

I want her to work with Zedd again too.
Old 15-04-21, 00:22   #51215
DVDSpike
Professor

Quote:
I'm kinda surprised they're on good terms tbh. In about 2018 DJWS was tweeting the album was done and was ARTPOP's little.sister... then a few months later tweeted, in a very curt way, that he was no longer involved.

It doesn't seem she was too keen on working with him anymore. Unless it was a mutual decision not to release it but he was already hyping it up.

I want her to work with Zedd again too.
The little semi-collaboration she did with Zedd, Stache, is one of their best works together I think.

Musically, I think they think very similarly - working together again, especially 7 years on, I think would produce some very interesting results from them both.
Old 15-04-21, 18:56   #51216
lance6439
Legend

Why did she remove so much merch from her website
Old 15-04-21, 20:06   #51217
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Why did she remove so much merch from her website
In a nutshell

I got into the spirit of things today and relistened to ARTPOP on the way home although Apple Music seems to have done some recalibration with the album due to the sudden popularity and has restored it to its original version and al my edited tracks and remixes I picked up have gone which is a nuisance.

Last edited by jajay119; 15-04-21 at 20:14.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 21:53   #51218
DOPE
Relic Hunter

well.. I for one am excited for gucci gaga working with one of my favorite directors it’s crazy

Quote:
it’s not the first time gaga scraps a project though, remember that the original LG5 was allegedly a disco album with production by redone and giorgio moroder. I think if you work with her, her changing plans is something to be prepared for.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 21:58   #51219
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I get the impression that since ARTPOP she has either doubted her artistic vision or she hasn't had any for her more mainstream albums. She seems to latch onto to people who will drag her project along for her and veer away from the more experimental stuff which she is known for. I miss the days when she was so passionate about her albums she would do loads of interviews or gagavisions and give snippets etc. Joanne was dull and Chromatica was fine. I think id have liked it more had it not been such a massive wait.. like if she had released it instead of Joanne. But I enjoyed the collab with Nial Rogers more than a lot of it. Also, both albums kinda lack a bit of soul to me, ironic give the more personal motifs in them, times she kinda let Ronson and Bloodpop guide the entire process. I just want her to get her balls and passion, or ideally both, back and do something inventive and creative again which is what she is known for. Even if its just some EPs of stuff she liked but didn't put on an album

Last edited by jajay119; 15-04-21 at 22:03.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-21, 22:13   #51220
lance6439
Legend

yeah i was talking **** about her doing another film but honestly this looks interesting to me. LOL. I hope she resumes Chromatica after this film though lol. Hopeful thinking.

yeah I also think ARTPOP gave her PTSD lol like yeah that era was terrible. But now she knows she was ahead of her time and shes acclaimed as hell and the last great pop star. She's happy to embrace ARTPOP and is aware its still loved