www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 04-03-21, 16:22   #11
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I can't think of anything specific but the story-lines I can't stand are;

Who Done It - When a character is murder and then the tv show spends months on end having us guess who the murderer actually is. It just drags on to the point where I either don't care anymore or I forget that storyline is on going.

Another one that annoys me, this might be a bit controversial but when a character gets diagnosed with cancer but refuses to tell anyone. An it's dragged out as some dirty little secret and it's only revealed when something happens to said person and they end up in hospital. Only then are they forced to tell someone.
IKR about the keeping cancer a secret thing only I've seen it happen with Aids, I was watching a recording of a recent episode of Gogglebox one of the TV shows they were watching was called It's A Sin about a guy who ended up in hospital and told his mother he had Aids, the guys mother was a she took him home saying that she would look after him which she didn't do, instead she isolated him from his friends and wouldn't let him out most likely in case the neighbors might find out in the end he died alone in his room because his mother refused to be in the room when he died not because his dying would upset her but because she felt that he should die alone for what from her point of view she thought was a life of sin.

I never heard of It's A Sin before last night and all I've seen of it is the few clips on Gogglebox.

She cared less about him and more about what the neighbors might think if they found out that her son has Aids, his friends kept trying to see him and his mother kept making excuses as to why they couldn't determined to keep them away from him even though his friends were the only ones who really cared about him.

I think 6 months is long enough for a story to reach its conclusion keeping it going for over a year like the examples in my original post stretches viewers patience to the limit and just makes them want the story to end ASAP and move on to the next story, viewers of Holby City frequently leave comments on the Holby City Facebook page about how tired they are of the very dragged out Dr Death storyline and of Dr Death himself.

Years ago there was an assisted suicide storyline on EastEnders back when I used to watch EastEnders someone wanted For Cotton to help them die and while that storyline didn't drag on as long as the Dr Death storyline I eventually got tired of it and said would they ever hurry up and just kill her and if they don't I'll do it myself.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 14:44   #12
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Pretty little liars.

"Who's A?"

Enough said.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 14:59   #13
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
the finales are usually really good!
This is new The popular opinion has decided all the endings from that show are trash.
Old 09-03-21, 18:47   #14
Los Angeles
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Pretty little liars.

"Who's A?"

Enough said.
Yeah I had to stop at the beginning of the 2nd season. Too boring.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 06:47   #15
Boobandie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
When I was a kid I watched Yugioh and boy, that anime had too many filler arcs that rarely added anything to the story.
Oh god Yugioh. I was into it for the Egyptian stuff they kept teasing, and continually frustrated by the distractions from that plot.

By the time they finally did an arc in ancient egypt at the very end, I wasn't in an area where they aired the show.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-21, 22:42   #16
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Looks like the Dr death storyline on Holby City might finally be reaching its very long overdue conclusion hopefully next week's episode will be the end of that storyline and if not the beginning of the end.

Some comments on Holby City's Twitter page about the storyline are things I didn't consider like no-one noticing that the medication he was using to kill his victims was missing, that was the only thing I didn't think of.

I had thought of the rest like almost no-one reporting seeing him talking to his victims before they met an untimely end which is unlikely in a hospital filled with patients, doctors and nurses and other staff members and there being no CCTV of him hanging around his victims before he killed them.

One comment made me March 16 2044 Dr death has killed his 50,000 victim just halfway through the storyline now.

Good thing it's finally coming to an end it's become too far fetched and unrealistic.
Old 23-03-21, 22:46   #17
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Finally the really long running Dr Death storyline on Holby City has finally come to an end Dr Cameron Dunne finally got caught when his hand was forced when the police turned up for an unrelated incident and he thought that the police were there for him.

I'm so glad that this story is finally Dunne.

See the link for a summary of the end of the really long running Dr Death storyline.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...ostcount=25061

While googling the end of the Dr Death storyline I saw that it began back in 2019 and continued into 2020 until they were forced to suspend filming because of the pandemic, I completely forgot that the storyline started back in 2019, hopefully it'll be a long time before they do another crazy doctor storyline.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 24-03-21 at 01:37.
Old 24-03-21, 19:28   #18
Tsarina
Explorer

I am currently rewatching Smallville with my partner because he had never seen it before.

As of right now we are just watching certain episodes I have told him we should watch that still allow you to not be confused with the overall narrative. At least the first three seasons.

The first three seasons are so difficult to get through, mainly because it is just a bunch of teen drama mostly. Once Clark gets out of high school and starts doing more Superman stuff it gets a lot more interesting, and the last three seasons are honestly so good. It just takes a while to get there.

But yeah, earlier seasons of Smallville had a lot of filler, and the fourth season about the witches...blah, that one dragged quite a bit.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-21, 21:56   #19
NunoRamone
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
Every Latin American telenovela ever.
That made me laugh so hard. We suffer from the same curse here in Portugal.
NunoRamone is offline   Reply With Quote