Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-05-22, 22:42   #1
laraflawless

Default pickup animations of a pickup item from a wall

Good evening and I persoanally thank the moderators that gave me the rights I can post my own questions here as well! When I remove the sun talisman (karnak wad) from the wall with the crowbar, everything is right, ocb works (64+2) so as the way lara picks it up when it falls down. The problem is that right after the loot, the item doesnt appear on bottom right corner of the screen rotating there for a bit after before it disappears (loot animation). Instead, it shows on mid right part of the screen rotating on a weird big X axis. Same happens at the inventory. After I have obtained the talisman, it shows way higher in the inventory than it should be, rotating with the same big X axis. The avatar loot animation so as the animation in inventory is exactly the same one as the animation the item does when it drops from the wall when crowbar is used, which is obviously wrong! Has anyone fixed that? Same happens to more wall pickup items I have grabbed from other downloaded custom wads. The object is called PUZZLE_ITEM1 in the original karnak was/wad package and it looks like a golden star (and thats the sun talisman).

Thank you,
Nick

Last edited by laraflawless; 08-05-22 at 11:21.
laraflawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 23:15   #2
CheshireBitch

Hello,

it must be a problem with the item coordinates informations in the script !
You can try to add this in your script level entry :

Puzzle= 1,Sun Talisman, $0000,$0500,$0000,$0000,$0000,$0002

It's the official line, with that in your script, your sun talisman should be fine !

pickup items that falls from walls are a bit weird to translate into script because they don't have the same "position" as other items.

Last edited by CheshireBitch; 07-05-22 at 23:17.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 23:42   #3
laraflawless

Hello and thank you for replying!
The script already has the line
and I have built it a lot of times already without a single error....
Can you suggest something else that is available in your thoughts please?
I am trying to figure it out but I cant find anything :-(

Thank you,
Nick
Old 07-05-22, 23:56   #4
laraflawless

I am now studying the thread
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=188213
maybe the script numbers are wrong, I dont know....

Nick

Last edited by laraflawless; 08-05-22 at 00:40.
Old 08-05-22, 02:12   #5
mizuno_suisei

I just had a thought - from memory of original TR4, the sun talisman rises into the air after it is used correct?

I wonder if its *pickup display* is fetching coordinates from this rising animation present, from one of its animation frames perhaps. Not many puzzle item objects contain an inner animation so..this could be the culprit (?) Just throwing ideas.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 07:41   #6
Dermahn
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraflawless View Post
Hello and thank you for replying!
The script already has the line
and I have built it a lot of times already without a single error....
Can you suggest something else that is available in your thoughts please?
I am trying to figure it out but I cant find anything :-(

Thank you,
Nick
You need to change the last number from $0002 to $000a. This should be used for all crowbar pickups, so they're displayed correctly in the inventory. If you're using the Classic Inventory Plugin, this might not work, but for the TR4 inventory this is the intended way
Dermahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 10:15   #7
laraflawless

That 10 decimal value of the 6th parameter (HxA or $000a for the ng compiler) DID the trick, thank you very much!
According to the puzzlecombo command system its exactly how I had to move the relative "eye view" camera over the X and Z axis to fall exactly in front of the talisman 3d position the way it is being placed over the grid editor the item has been implemented itself!
Now, since you mentioned it, I tested it on the classic inventory menu as well but it doesnt work, the problem persists there which means that it seems classic menu is overriding these last 2 bytes and I am wondering if it overrides more than those ones which is eitherway wrong.
And thats something that really needs to be fixed on classic menu plugin (just saying) cause the above proves it does NOT support all the pickup-able items!

Thank you all so much for helping me solve it,
Nick

p.s.: that puzzlecombo system can really be a math headache if you want to drive things manually, especially when you have to deal with weird style of loots like wall pickups...

Last edited by laraflawless; 08-05-22 at 11:23.