www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 28-08-20, 17:03   #1
Hloverko
Hobbyist

Default Medipack position in inventory

Hi, everyone.

I've created a custom small medipack which differs from the original one, it is more vertical.

Now I have a problem because it uses the same positioning in the inventory as the old one, which was sligtly raised. I would like to have it on the same height as e.g. the large medipack, but I don't know how to change its inventory position. I've seen this post:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=188213

But from this, I've gathered only how to set the position for Pickup, Puzzle etc. items, but I don't understand how to do this for medipacks, guns, ammo...

Could someone help me write a script command for this? And also, is there a way to get the current position of an item so that I know which values change, and which stay the same?

I'm using TRNG and Classic Inventory Plugin.
Hloverko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-20, 17:14   #2
Titak

Welcome to this forum, Hloverko!

Tsss... never mind... didn't read properly.
You are using the Classic Inventory plugin already.
Thread moved to TRNG section.

Which values should be used in the script also depends on you medipack item, but here's what I'm using for a small medipack.
My medipack is also a custom mesh.
Code:
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM, CINV_ITEM_SMALLMEDI, 31, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_SMALLMEDI, CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, 0, 24, -4, CINV_FALSE, 0, 13568, 0, CINV_FALSE, 0, 112, IGNORE, IGNORE, >
                                                        CINV_DISPLAY_ACTIVE, 0, 40, -200, CINV_TRUE, 19, 16, -1, CINV_FALSE, -36, 93, CINV_TRUE, CINV_TRUE, >                   
                                                        CINV_DISPLAY_PICKUP, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_TRUE, 0, 0, 0, CINV_TRUE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
It might not work properly for your medipack, but it might help you get started with how to script all this stuff.

The Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM line is for changing the name of the small medi for this particular level.
You can use this command to give medipacks, weapons, etc different names per level.

Last edited by Titak; 28-08-20 at 17:25.
Titak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-20, 17:43   #3
Hloverko
Hobbyist

Thank you very much for your help. This chunk of script code actually solved the second question I had, and that was how do I edit the position of the medipack preview that appears in the lower right corner when I pick it up. Now, it's positioned perfectly there. It is still raised in the inventory, but I'll try playing around with the script to solve this.

This is the object that I made for the medipack. It's the first time I tried creating an object and it's still WIP, but I think it came out pretty well

Old 28-08-20, 17:59   #4
Titak

That's one good looking medipack!
I don't think I've seen one like that before.

Btw, if you also put
Customize= CUST_CINV_DEBUG, ENABLED
in the script, you can press End on the keyboard to enter debug mode.
You can then move and rotate the item to get the correct values for you medipack.

Last edited by Titak; 28-08-20 at 18:02.
Titak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-20, 22:04   #5
Hloverko
Hobbyist

Thank you very much for your help! I've managed to get the hang of this and tweak everything to be exactly how I wanted.
Old 29-08-20, 15:59   #6
Titak

"I love it when a plan comes together."

Good to hear it is all working now.