www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 30-04-21, 04:27   #20621
YumaS2Astral
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapearing-boy View Post
The only way to do this is to rearrange the enemies mesh tree. I can do this for you if you want but if you want to try yourself there's a tool called TR Wad Re-organizer.

I once had an enemy who's leg kept rotating randomly. Turns out it's mesh number was the same number as the original slot's head mesh - so the leg was acting as the head, always turning to look at Lara!
I would actually like you to do that for me, thanks! It is because I tried to use this tool but got confused with how it works.

https://www.trsearch.org/item/347

I am actually attempting to convert this user's baddy (it is the man with stick from TR2 Platform levels) to the BADDY_1 slot (it is in the BADDY_2 slot).

Besides the missing leg, another problem when attempting to convert the enemy is that it has some animation errors (this may be happening because BADDY_1 and 2 have different state IDs or animation slots, I don't know the reason). For example, in game, he walks weirdly, and does no damage to Lara. This doesn't happen when he is in the BADDY_2 slot.

EDIT: I tried using the tool once I finally understood how it works. I tried to fix this bug on my own. His left leg is once again present. I ended up with another bug, though.

His left leg is somehow spinning in a rather funny/bizarre way. I suspect this may have to do with the fact that this mesh is supposed to be the head mesh in the original BADDY_1 (white ninja from Last Revelation). Also the mesh for his turban.

The animation bugs also remain.

I am thinking of a possible alternative solution: to move the enemy I was using in BADDY_2 to the SCORPION slot and just use the BADDY_2 slot for the stick TR2 guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
BADDY1 and BADDY2 from TR4 both share animations, and both have a meshswap that switches their pelvis/hand meshes. If you don't have the meshswap in your wad they will spawn without those meshes.

I'd guess that the default pelvis/hand mesh numbers are the same as the leg and foot of the enemy you're trying to use.

Try putting a second copy of him in the appropriate Meshswap slot (check the official wads for which to use, by memory I think it was MS2 for B1, and MS3 for B2), and see if that helps. Otherwise youl'll need to rearrange the meshtree as described above. The TR2 baddy has fewer parts so you can probably just avoid those two mesh numbers to remove the bug.
This bug actually happens even with the MESHSWAP present. But only in the BADDY_1 slot. It doesn't happen in the BADDY_2 slot.

Last edited by YumaS2Astral; 30-04-21 at 05:51.
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-21, 12:15   #20622
disapearing-boy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaS2Astral View Post
EDIT: I tried using the tool once I finally understood how it works. I tried to fix this bug on my own. His left leg is once again present. I ended up with another bug, though.
It's a confusing tool at first but it's great that you figured it out.

The left leg bug could be the result of a mesh tree error or the mesh is supposed to be his head or arm (for aiming his gun). If it was any of these problems then baddy2 would have the same leg bug. Mesh23 is the head mesh of both baddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YumaS2Astral View Post
The animation bugs also remain.
I don't know why Baddy2 doesn't have animation bugs. The object on TRSearch seems to have his animations completely rearranged from his TR2 anims to suit Baddy2 - but the original object creator could have made mistakes. A lot of the changes look unnecessary to me.

I made a list of Baddy anims once - you can view them here. The animations are essentially the same for both enemies.
Old 30-04-21, 15:36   #20623
YumaS2Astral
Hobbyist

Quote:
It's a confusing tool at first but it's great
I don't know why Baddy2 doesn't have animation bugs. The object on TRSearch seems to have his animations completely rearranged from his TR2 anims to suit Baddy2 - but the original object creator could have made mistakes. A lot of the changes look unnecessary to me.

I made a list of Baddy anims once - you can view them here. The animations are essentially the same for both enemies.
The original creator may have used stateIDs and animations that the BADDY_1 does not recognize. Since there are many animations and stateIDs exclusive to BADDY_2. This may explain why he has animation errors when changed to BADDY_1.

I am starting to think I will have to do the alternative solution I mentioned above. But I am not going to give up using BADDY_1 yet.

Quote:
It's a confusing tool at first but it's great that you figured it out.

The left leg bug could be the result of a mesh tree error or the mesh is supposed to be his head or arm (for aiming his gun). If it was any of these problems then baddy2 would have the same leg bug. Mesh23 is the head mesh of both baddies.
Looks like I will have to change his mesh tree once again and this time will be more complicated.
YumaS2Astral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-21, 04:29   #20624
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Are there any object slots that collide with vehicles?
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 21:15   #20625
Ruu11
Explorer

Exclamation Vertical + Continuous FLAME EMITTER

Guys, is there a OCB for continous Flame Emitter in VERTICAL????
There's one for continuous Horizontal, but apparently nothing for Vertical

Last edited by Ruu11; 13-05-21 at 21:21.
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 22:32   #20626
AkyV

My plugin1 did this feature.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 19:14   #20627
Ruu11
Explorer

^ How exactly? I can't find any of yours triggers from each plugin in TombEditor t__t
They literally don't show up anywhere. Do I need to import them or something???
Old 14-05-21, 20:35   #20628
AkyV

Yes, Tomb Editor never shows plugin triggers. Make a TriggerGroup for them, and activate that TriggerGroup eg. by an F118 flipeffect.
Plugin triggers' export values for the TriggerGroup should be found in NGLE.

The trigger you search now is F588 of my plugin1, having a Parameters= PARAM_FLAME_BLOWN.

Don't forget the proper Plugin command in your script.

Last edited by AkyV; 14-05-21 at 20:36.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 15:37   #20629
LeelooBastet
Explorer

is there somewhere a document regrouping all triggers that can be done (ocb pluggins etc) for tomb editor ?
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-21, 15:55   #20630
Joey79100
Professor

There is nothing that is specific to Tomb Editor since it just allows what was already possible before, so every resource/tutorial you can find here is applicable. The only thing TE can not do is display plugin triggers in the editor and place them on the map.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote