www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Old 19-08-10, 00:16   #21
rr_carroll
Bug Scientist

The various corporations have monkeyed with Lara's personal history so much that IMO, there CAN'T be a "true" history for Lara. Optimistically, this allows us to imagine what we wish. Pessimistically, thanks corporations, for preventing us from being fully involved with the character.
rr_carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 03:08   #22
Lara_Fan_33
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think Lara rescued him because she said she would get help and because in the AOD opening she said "you walked away and left me!" suggesting she had helped rescue him when he was in need.
i always figured she said that because even though werner did try to save her, at the end of tr4 she asumed he had left her for dead after she had saved him something like that
Old 19-08-10, 10:13   #23
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBeth View Post
Von Croy's leg was injured in the first level in the game when he was tutoring young Lara at ANGKOR WAT. In that final scene, it was Lara who left him injured, his leg trapped, as the ruin collapsed around him. That is why he limps and walks with a cane.

I assumed that Von Croy came to his senses (no more possession by Set) after Lara bottled Set up again in the tomb. In the final sequence of the game, Von Croy, reaches for Lara to assist her out of the crumbling pyramid when the ruin collapsed around her. I assumed that Lara's expectation was that he would search for her once she was entombed in the pyramid, but I guess he didn't. She didn't at
ANGKOR WAT so maybe payback?
And neither did she search for Amanda, BTW, when Amanda's foot got trapped at the ruins in puru. Apparently Lara didn't mind leaving friends in a pickle behind when she was young.
That's wrong. Von Croy performed a search operation as shown in Tomb Raider Chronicles, so Lara's assumption that Von Croy left her there does still puzzle me a bit.
Old 19-08-10, 10:37   #24
lord gaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
That's wrong. Von Croy performed a search operation as shown in Tomb Raider Chronicles, so Lara's assumption that Von Croy left her there does still puzzle me a bit.
Well i think lara got out for herself and she was so mad with werner that he never got the chance to tell her untill aod but he was too scared he forgot to tell her this but just told her mission.
lord gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 12:49   #25
[Xmas]
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
And can you tell me from which moment of Lara's life is the photo of her and Werner in Egypt at the start of AoD?
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-10, 20:49   #26
Lara_Fan_33
Relic Hunter

why does everbody think laras talkign about ankor wat when she says "egypt werner, you walked away and left me"?? shes obviously talking about the end of TR4 !
Old 19-08-10, 20:57   #27
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_33 View Post
why does everbody think laras talkign about ankor wat when she says "egypt werner, you walked away and left me"?? shes obviously talking about the end of TR4 !
What we're talking about is that we believe Lara went back to get Von Croy when he was trappen in Angkor Wat. Lara expected Von Croy to do the same thing for her when she was trapped in Egypt. However, although he tried, Lara doesn't see it this way. She was rescued by the Beduin tribe, and thus she believes that Von Croy did indeed leave her for dead because the last time she would have seen him would have been him fleeing as the Pyramid entrance collapsed.
Old 17-09-10, 22:21   #28
peeves
Sage

Location: Heaven with cats and TR1 through underworld and some extent the reboot games

Though the story doesn't explain how von croy escaped the trap i believe after enough time the globe broke and he got out.
Old 18-09-10, 15:04   #29
ryan91
Inactive

he used that spinning planet thing i guess. doesnt it have teleport function .
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-10, 16:27   #30
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

It only really had a teleport function when used with the technology of VCI.