www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 04-07-20, 03:17   #16751
Avalon SARL
Relic Hunter

I liked the movie on my first viewing in Cinema and although the changes from the game disappointed me a lot (they could have explored more and added more stuff).

Watching it on TV with family, it is weird how the movie didn't hold up at all and it was very uninteresting to watch. Even Lara as a character which I felt was much better than the games, she felt so flat and uninspiring.

I also don't feel that interested in a sequel if this is how things are going to be, but I know I will be watching it either way
Old 04-07-20, 09:02   #16752
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think they chose Ben Wheatley and Amy Jump to change that. They are filmmakers with a lot of personality and I think they would show a different Lara.

The best thing about the 2018 movie was the end ... Lara with the two pistols, without a father, without having to tell an origin story ... there is much potential for a much more attractive sequel.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 04-07-20 at 09:04.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 10:27   #16753
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
I think they chose Ben Wheatley and Amy Jump to change that. They are filmmakers with a lot of personality and I think they would show a different Lara.

The best thing about the 2018 movie was the end ... Lara with the two pistols, without a father, without having to tell an origin story ... there is much potential for a much more attractive sequel.
I'm gonna watch A Field in England tonight one of Ben movies I haven't seen. Apparently it's really psychedelic and psychotropic.

Last edited by Ellioft; 04-07-20 at 10:29.
Ellioft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 12:44   #16754
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon SARL View Post
I liked the movie on my first viewing in Cinema and although the changes from the game disappointed me a lot (they could have explored more and added more stuff).

Watching it on TV with family, it is weird how the movie didn't hold up at all and it was very uninteresting to watch. Even Lara as a character which I felt was much better than the games, she felt so flat and uninspiring.

I also don't feel that interested in a sequel if this is how things are going to be, but I know I will be watching it either way
Honestly I am a bit the other way around. I really liked the movie on release of course, but then whenever I think about it too much (either discussing it here, with other people, or just as a random thought) the thing always starts to fall apart a bit. But then, when I rewatch it I just love it once again. It's not perfect and a tad too generic, but it just works!

Nevertheless, I am glad we are getting both a scriptwriter and a director that are known for their personal flares in their work. Even if the budget is lower, even if the end product isn't really that good (obviously I hope it is) I think we are going to at least get something interesting to watch in the end.
Old 04-07-20, 15:38   #16755
Superman81
Hobbyist

So finally looks like production might start for Tomb Raider 2 in September. And most filming locations seemed to have been scrapped. Now it appears that only South Africa and Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden are filming spots. Was told they will wait and see how other return to productions go in EU before committing to September.

Was told the story remains the same. Will take inspiration mostly from the second game with parts of the third mixed in. Lower budget as I previously reported and was told this morning that the movie might have even more gun play in it (they compared it to Pulp Fiction) but I am assuming itís going to be more gun heavy like the Angelina Jolie TR films. Still no movement on casting but that might change closer to August if the stick with filming in September
Superman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 16:56   #16756
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman81 View Post
So finally looks like production might start for Tomb Raider 2 in September. And most filming locations seemed to have been scrapped. Now it appears that only South Africa and Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden are filming spots. Was told they will wait and see how other return to productions go in EU before committing to September.

Was told the story remains the same. Will take inspiration mostly from the second game with parts of the third mixed in. Lower budget as I previously reported and was told this morning that the movie might have even more gun play in it (they compared it to Pulp Fiction) but I am assuming itís going to be more gun heavy like the Angelina Jolie TR films. Still no movement on casting but that might change closer to August if the stick with filming in September
As I said: Sora says the movie is cancelled and possible news appear soon after.

Regardless, if the movie is really going forwards, those news make sense. And if the more gun play is indeed true, it makes me even more excited: the gun play in Free Fire was really good, at least in the way the environments were used.

Btw, does your source have anything on the release date?
Old 04-07-20, 17:11   #16757
Superman81
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
As I said: Sora says the movie is cancelled and possible news appear soon after.

Regardless, if the movie is really going forwards, those news make sense. And if the more gun play is indeed true, it makes me even more excited: the gun play in Free Fire was really good, at least in the way the environments were used.

Btw, does your source have anything on the release date?
Nothing on release date since production was delayed so long. Not sure who Sora is but Iím positive this movie wasnít cancelled. New grids just came out for it with updated filming.
Superman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 17:19   #16758
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Nothing on release date since production was delayed so long. Not sure who Sora is but Iím positive this movie wasnít cancelled. New grids just came out for it with updated filming.
Sora is another regular member here, not a leaker or anything.

Still, good to know that these movie might still happen
Old 04-07-20, 17:37   #16759
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Nothing on release date since production was delayed so long. Not sure who Sora is but I’m positive this movie wasn’t cancelled. New grids just came out for it with updated filming.
Can you share the grid or more details from it? I mean September is very early, does Alicia plan on not really working out this time or?

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 04-07-20 at 17:42.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 19:10   #16760
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:

Oh! Thank you! It is always a pleasure to hear good news.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote