www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 06-09-20, 18:50   #17351
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I would really love to see her get a second nomination it'd do wonders for boosting her profile. It's a shame her career hasn't taken off the way Margot Robbie's has or we would have had a whole series of films by now and not had to wait around for confirmation. She deserves better.
Old 07-09-20, 23:09   #17352
Ellioft
Professor

I really want more Kristin Scott Thomas in the sequel she's just have an astonishing presence.
Old 08-09-20, 08:27   #17353
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Ben Wheatley worked with Kristin on Rebecca and Alicia worked with her again on "One Red Nose Day and a Wedding " so I think KST participation is more than guaranteed. Instead, I think we can forget about Daniel Wu.

As for a second Oscar nomination ... I doubt it. Unfortunately, "The Glorias" will be a streaming movie ... Oscar nominations don't guarantee anything anyway. Hilary Swan has two and is doing nothing with her career. It is better to choose projects that give you an impact.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 08-09-20 at 08:28.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 08:43   #17354
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

The Oscars will allow streaming movies this year, because of Covid. She (and Julianne Moore, probably) can still be nominated. And you're right, it doesn't guarantee anything, but that wasn't my point. We were talking about her possibly untrue covid diagnosis just being shrugged off in a year she might be heavily talked about.

Scott Thomas presence has been confirmed by Production Weekly, there is no need for speculation related with who she had previously worked with. Ana will be in the movie
Old 08-09-20, 10:02   #17355
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Scott Thomas presence has been confirmed by Production Weekly, there is no need for speculation related with who she had previously worked with. Ana will be in the movie
I know but I want more scenes between her and Alicia ^^
Old 08-09-20, 11:35   #17356
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I know but I want more scenes between her and Alicia ^^
I suspect that will be the case this time. She will definitely be one of the main villains this time
Old 08-09-20, 13:38   #17357
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Rebecca trailer!

Ben Wheatley's first big-budget movie ... with Kristin Scott Thomas. The movie looks very good visually! I think he could do a good job on TR2

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 08-09-20 at 13:44.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 16:27   #17358
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Yeah I definitely think a Ben Wheatley Tomb movie could be beautiful looking but it depends on what Cinematographer will fit in their shooting schedule.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-20, 16:34   #17359
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Yeah I definitely think a Ben Wheatley Tomb movie could be beautiful looking but it depends on what Cinematographer will fit in their shooting schedule.
Unless it changed from January to now, the cinematographer is also be Laurie Rose, so going by the trailer for Rebecca, Tomb Raider 2 might become a quite pretty movie.

Also, I think it is a good sign for at least Rebecca that Netflix is also bringing it to movie theaters: might show they are confident the movie will be good
Old 08-09-20, 18:48   #17360
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Unless it changed from January to now, the cinematographer is also be Laurie Rose, so going by the trailer for Rebecca, Tomb Raider 2 might become a quite pretty movie.

Also, I think it is a good sign for at least Rebecca that Netflix is also bringing it to movie theaters: might show they are confident the movie will be good
Oh have you seen Laurie Rose's filming schedule for 2021 from his agent? I don't have access to that information.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote