www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 03-07-17, 17:54   #3251
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Does anyone want Tancha to play the "say something nice about Alicia, even if it is 'there is only one of her'" game, or is it just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancha View Post
"fifty times", fifty doubles, ок, i believe.
So you believe only the stunt doubles would have been involved in the water scene? It may come as surprise to you, but sometimes the actors have to do some of the work, which includes getting wet if a scene requires it? I'm sure stunt doubles were used, but I'm also certain Alicia would have had to get in the water herself as well at some point. Actors don't sit on their arses all day just spouting off the lines, otherwise they'd be no more than VAs. I hope there's a making of/behind the scenes video in the extras that show Alicia in the water. But whatever helps you to keep disliking Alicia....
Old 03-07-17, 18:32   #3252
Tancha
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
So you believe only the stunt doubles would have been involved in the water scene? It may come as surprise to you, but sometimes the actors have to do some of the work, which includes getting wet if a scene requires it? I'm sure stunt doubles were used, but I'm also certain Alicia would have had to get in the water herself as well at some point. Actors don't sit on their arses all day just spouting off the lines, otherwise they'd be no more than VAs. I hope there's a making of/behind the scenes video in the extras that show Alicia in the water. But whatever helps you to keep disliking Alicia....
It isn't necessary to build versions that I think and what I trust in. Also the actress can fall in water. What's the problem? Fifty times? Certainly this actress is required to fall in water fifty times what the director would receive the acceptable result. FIFTY, My God =) And then thay will tell that she from it got sick with pneumonia. Where they have taken ice water in Cape Town?

"they didnít have time to dry me off in between because thatís when you risk getting hypothermic (overcooled)" - Didn't dry her, and constantly constantly threw her in water that she wouldn't freeze, haven't overcooled.

Just ridiculously. Terrible nonsense. You don't see a disagreement? Fifty times. What for?
Tancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 18:41   #3253
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Fifty times. What for?
Fifty times?! What? So she couldn't get it right the first time?
She must be careful now or the Academy will want their Oscar back. J/K

It's perfectly nice work by Alicia I'm sure. Excellent dedication. Of course we must remember it's all part of her handsomly paid job though. Give the same paycheck to me and I'll happily throw myself in freezing water 500 times over. Still, nice work though.
Old 03-07-17, 18:43   #3254
Rai

Maybe she was exaggerating the number . That doesn't mean only her stunt doubles did the scene. So now you're assuming that any retakes would be because of something Alicia did wrong? There could have been many reasons why they redid a take, lighting, sound, the scene didn't look quite right, another actor in the scene went wrong, Alicia herself....
Scenes often take more than one take. It's rarer for a scene to get right in one take. Obviously they would want to get the scene right, going by Alicia's words, they didn't have time to get her dried off. They could have hired a pool for a limited time or, if you go and take a look at the wrap video in London that Roar posted, there's water in what looks to be the set area.

Last edited by Rai; 03-07-17 at 18:49.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 18:47   #3255
Tancha
Student

Quote:
Maybe she was exaggerating the number . That doesn't mean only her stunt doubles did the scene. So now you're assuming that any retakes would be because of something Alicia did wrong? There could have been many reasons why they redid a take, lighting, sound, the scene didn't look quite right, another actor in the scene went wrong, Alicia herself....
Scenes often take more than one take. It's rarer for a scene to get right in one take.
No. I see at you passion to build versions about what other people think. At you badly it turns out. What does it have to do with doublers? Of course, perhaps same scene was shot then and with the doubler.

I don't need to assume something. The time will show all.

Quote:
going by Alicia's words, they didn't have time to get her dried off.
She has written the reason for which they had no time. What she wouldn't overcool. Therefore they continuously threw her into water. You feel logic? Why you think that it was shoting in the pavilion? It seems to me you don't think at all. Re-read few times, what she has written.

Fifty doubles (=take) for one scene it is normal. Six doublers for one actress it is normal. Drunk parties and smoking during filming it is normal. Children, you strike me. The movie will be bad, but it all the same will be pleasant to you. Be sure.

Last edited by Tancha; 03-07-17 at 19:02.
Old 03-07-17, 18:53   #3256
Rai

I was asking your thoughts because going by your first post on the article it seems you doubted Alicia's words and part in the scene. You're the one who brought up stunt doubles. I was interested in your thoughts while also giving my own. That's how discussions work. Never mind, I won't bother you further.
Old 03-07-17, 19:05   #3257
Tancha
Student

Quote:
I was asking your thoughts because going by your first post on the article it seems you doubted Alicia's words and part in the scene. You're the one who brought up stunt doubles. I was interested in your thoughts while also giving my own. That's how discussions work. Never mind, I won't bother you further.
I don't speak about stunt doubles. I speak about doubles = take = attempt number two. You don't know what is a "double" during shooting? Maybe I have picked up not that word.

Quote:
Never mind, I won't bother you further.
Excellent decision.
Old 03-07-17, 19:15   #3258
Rai

I misunderstood your meaning then as previously you had called stunt doubles "doublers" in a post naming them (which was quite interesting). So when you said "doubles" I assumed you meant stunt doubles. Sorry.

Only time will tell if the film is bad and even then it's down to taste. I won't judge until there's a trailer and then seeing the whole film.

Last edited by Rai; 03-07-17 at 19:18.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 21:14   #3259
lizardspock110
Professor

Quote:
Where they have taken ice water in Cape Town?
water is very cold in cape town
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 21:19   #3260
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Well we have proof that this particular stunt is true we have seen the images from it being performed.