www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 20-01-18, 21:32   #7251
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

The river Rapids scene seems like so much fun and it's obviously the main set piece of the film. I can see it being praised even if it is so ridiculous and over the top.
Old 20-01-18, 21:54   #7252
Jorje Croft
Professor

Movie will be decent, I'm bidding 5$ on that. any bidders?
Old 20-01-18, 21:56   #7253
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

I really don't know, a big part of me thinks it's going to flop but at least be enjoyable, another part of me thinks critics could dig it and root for new Lara who's more relatable / human than the other who relied more on sex appeal and witty jokes. For example, I'm a big fan of the new IT movie, however I'm very surprised it's so critically acclaimed as it has a dozen horror cliche's, it's a remake, and has plot holes. You really never know.

I hope it's at least a financial success, I'm going to be taking a few different friends to different showings of the film I want to see it at least 3 times.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 20-01-18 at 22:00.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 22:01   #7254
Jorje Croft
Professor

I think movie will be enjoyable for the fans and for the random audience as well, trailer seems very balanced to me.
P.S. after listening the full Version of Survivor , I'm dead, that's what happens when Junkie XL is involved , he's just amazing.scores will blow us away.
Old 20-01-18, 22:05   #7255
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
I think movie will be enjoyable for the fans and for the random audience as well, trailer seems very balanced to me.
P.S. after listening the full Version of Survivor , I'm dead, that's what happens when Junkie XL is involved , he's just amazing.scores will blow us away.
I don't think Junkie was involved in the cover.

But don't worry, i'm sure his score is going to be epic and stunning. It's going to enhance the film. Imagine the music during the rapids scene.
Old 20-01-18, 22:10   #7256
Jorje Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post

But don't worry, i'm sure his score is going to be epic and stunning. It's going to enhance the film. Imagine the music during the rapids scene.
maybe he was not but as I know usually composer chooses trailer music as well. Already dead, no matter what, I will like the movie, 1. Its Lara Croft after one century she's back on screen. 2 Alicia's performance will be outstanding as she is a great actress and can deliver to us great emotions. Also second trailer clearly shows its not a teenage drama series, so no matter what ,I'm really happy.

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 20-01-18 at 22:23.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 22:19   #7257
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post

I am 100% sure that he made the rest of the music for the trailer, which can be heard here:

AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 22:28   #7258
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
maybe he was not but as I know usually composer chooses trailer music as well. Already dead, no matter what, I will like the movie, 1. Its Lara Croft after one century she's back on screen. 2 Alicia's performance will be outstanding as she is a great actress and can deliver to us great emotions. Also second trailer clearly shows its not a teenage drama series, so no matter what ,I'm really happy.
People may complain about the father stuff but IMO it brings another level of emotion to Lara's character and gives a chance for Alicia to show some action chops. Even her one line in the trailer "I think I saw dad again" carries a lot of weight, you can see it in her eyes and lips.
Old 20-01-18, 22:29   #7259
lizardspock110
Professor

Quote:
Same, just hoping for some supernatural scenes
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 22:31   #7260
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
Same, just hoping for some supernatural scenes
I'm hoping to see more sets like this, even if they're added in the background with CGI:

So stunning. Looks just like TR2013 and full of atmosphere.