Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 12-08-15, 13:54   #5001
peeves

It's kinda sad how SE doesn't care about the hardcore fans.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 18:15   #5002
Zebra

^If it's any consolation, the Rise exclusvity deal has made it clear that they don't care about any of their fans, period.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 19:56   #5003
peeves

I know it's just that Eidos stopping core design from making any more TR games/games and letting Crystal dynamics ruining the franchise was a no go.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 22:09   #5004
Jorje Croft

after I watched ROTTR demos.I'm moving forward. TR was never better so I think hating CD or SE should end. this game is amazing and Lara was never as cool as she is now.camera angles are just amazing. CORE should never did things like that... to see with clear mind,they had enough time to release AOD-perfection... so maybe it was better franchise was taken... about ROTTR they did really amazing job after reboot it seems totally changed/atmosphere/music/tombs/ I'm pretty sure duals and shorts will be back after this game/or maybe there will be surprise and maybe in rise we will get some playable duals,as we can see Lara doesn't have any bows in Syria.it is not basic weapon now. who knows.... for 20th anniversary I wish something like old style with new graphics .I'm sure they will not release Anniversary again. or maybe they will not release anything new and just collector pack with all games and figure.(maybe classics for Xbox1 and PS4) CORE's anniversary edition is great but please it was 2006-7 year,and this graphics are from 1990.I really prefer CD's TRA. core had really big chances to keep franchise with them but its all about money,and they didn't used this chance.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 03:16   #5005
Zebra

TR was never better? What?
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 04:46   #5006
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
TR was never better? What?
Explain why not. I already know the answer but I would rather read your detailed explanations.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 07:46   #5007
Jorje Croft

1.graphics
2.emotions
3.Lara's model
4. details
5.action
6.targeting system.auto target was too easy in past.
7.camera angles
8.reality
9.physics
they improved everything after Survivor is born
10.Lara's personality as real human
11. pureness, no sexiness
12.everything in on its highest level
13.puzzles are back
14.tombs
15.swimming
want more? for someone who doesn't know what they want,and just criticize everything,maybe that game is not good.but please, I'm very good with videogames and there is not any single game now in this genre like RISE,made with a taste.in some parts maybe for someone it looks as uncharted but to say the truth uncharted based on TR/Indiana Jones.Rise is 20% cooler than Uncharted now .I wish we got some epic storyline trailer.
p.s. I hope that guy is not main Villain

Last edited by Jorje Croft; 13-08-15 at 07:49.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 09:16   #5008
dcw123

^ Your delusional. Have you even played any of the classic games?

Sure, they may not look graphically great by todays standards - but they were better in terms of gameplay - they actually HAD traps and no QTEs.

Something tells me you must be a very young gamer? That or just plain ignorant..

I'll say this for Crystal, their graphics and mo-cap work is amazing, Rise is looking nice...

But nothing will ever beat the original trilogy by Core in my eyes - the level design, use of bright colours (not bland and flat looking) They were fun to play because they didn't take themselves too seriously.
Which I think is a problem with many games these days.. too much focus on storyline and character plots - gameplay gets put on the back burner..
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 11:32   #5009
Cipher

Core's games have not aged well. The platforming was really impressive but the controls needed to be streamlined. A third person view with manual camera would have helped. AOD was really horrible in this regard. Many like the game for what it could have been but the truth is core was really losing it and CD made TR fun again. TR wouldn't have survived without becoming a casual adventure game. Now at least it can become the next assassin's creed or COD.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-15, 12:00   #5010
ajrich17901

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Core's games have not aged well. The platforming was really impressive but the controls needed to be streamlined. A third person view with manual camera would have helped. AOD was really horrible in this regard. Many like the game for what it could have been but the truth is core was really losing it and CD made TR fun again. TR wouldn't have survived without becoming a casual adventure game. Now at least it can become the next assassin's creed or COD.
Nothing wrong with the controls, all comes down to the player
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote