Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 30-03-18, 23:41   #21
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigfaced View Post
Finally some people that recognize how truly great TR4 is! Most people would say that it was "all done for the money" and that they didn't like the new exploration system, but honestly, it could very well be my favorite TR of all time, though I'm not really sure...
This is just a lame and stupid term that people use when they take about games that don't suit their tastes because apparently it makes them feel better , what game in the world wasn't made to make money and be profitable ?

And yeah , it's so great to see a group of people who really know how extraordinary this gem is <3
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 10:21   #22
Chamayoo

This game is in my TOP 3 !

#1 : TR2
#2 : TR1
#3 : TR4

At first I don't really like it. My very first TR game was Legend and The Last Revelation was my second. The old school style discouraged my 12 yo me but then I realize the strong atmosphere and excellent gameplay of this game years after.
Karnak to Alexandria was a stunning continuation of levels. As well as was Tibet to China for me in TR2.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 17:57   #23
Pigfaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
This is just a lame and stupid term that people use when they take about games that don't suit their tastes because apparently it makes them feel better , what game in the world wasn't made to make money and be profitable ?

And yeah , it's so great to see a group of people who really know how extraordinary this gem is <3
Couldn't agree more with you. I'm in complete love with this game.
Pigfaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-18, 17:25   #24
Heckler

I just finished TR4 for the second time in almost 20 years
It was my least favorite of the series because I hated going from such a lush and pretty game like TR3 to a bland and dull game like TR4 (I was only 9 at the time ). Little did I know this old gem would be one of my best TR experiences years afterwards. After a good 2 sittings and just over 24 hours this has really blown me away. Moved up to second favorite next to TR3. My favorite levels were all of Alexandria, Citadel gate and the amazing Temple of Horus. I can finally give TR4 an honest rating.

8/10. 2 points lost were technicalities like the Jeep controls, holster bug and horrid underwater collision. (I insisted to play the raw, unmodded released PC version from '99 knowing it would probably frustrate me because of TRLE's fixes) and then of course the repetition. It does get boring at times (Was never a big fan of Karnak). But overall this game blew my mind. A definite must for any TR fan. 24 amazing hours of what most old fans miss from reboot.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-18, 20:43   #25
thomasrobson03

Im going back and playing through all tr games in the run up to shadow and i cant say how excited i am to replay this gem i have so many fond memories of throwing lara into deep pits as a child because i found her scream hilarious. The last revelation is so underrated and deserves more love in the tomb raider community
thomasrobson03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 17:19   #26
TheLostSecret

Talking

Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation™ consists of conscious level design , accurate trap placement , lovely characters & gripping story !

I really love TR4 !
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 22:32   #27
archfiend

Well words cannot be enough to describe how awesome this game is but i'll try anyway. The Last Revelation... Even though TR1 is the first TR that i played TR4 was the second Tomb Raider game i played and it's the game that i played first properly and it's the game that got me into this fantastic franchise. Unfortunately this game is so underrated and when they criticize it it's so unfair. They just create stupid reasons like you guys said it was made just for getting money, or this game sucks because there's no Lara's Home, it sucks because the inventory system is completely changed, Lara looks awful and so many... I mean all of them are nonsense. It's perfectly fine that there's no Lara's Home. We had everthing we needed in TR3 and the training levels are great for the first time you play. Let's admit it we all adored young Lara when we first played this game. And it's not just a training level it's so important for the story like the thing that triggered the events in TR4. And Lara looks( both her fmv and in game model) great. She was better than ever. The only reason i can understand is the fact that this game takes place only in Egypt. I can understand many fans would love to travel around the world like in previous games but they say it like we're just stuck in a one place in Egypt the whole game. I mean that's nonsense too. We're in Egypt but we travel almost all parts of Egypt , Egypt is one hell of a big country and the best place for Tomb Raiding. It's the best sequel that protects its roots. Every place has different atmosphere and they're so cool. The story and the characters are just glorious. I love TR4's story even more than TRAOD's. The puzzles are brilliant. You can feel the effort they put in this game by just exploring the areas. It's a real Tomb Raider game and the tombs feel so realistic that no other TR games before TR4 was able to manage it. The graphics for a PS1 game looks amazing too. I also love backtracking too instead of stucking in one level in nearly a hour like in TR3 you can explore many places in one location and it makes this game much more realistic as well. I don't even mention the voice acting and soundtracks of this game. I can add so many details as well but like i said words can't be enough to describe them. I have so much memory with this game, all of my memories with other TR games combied can't match the memories i have with this game. Such great time. I remember for months i was lost in one area. It's how good this game is. And lastly i love the irony in story if you STILL don't finish this game IT'S A SPOILER! In training levels Von Croy says disrespect is a route to carelessness. But in the end Von Croy doesn't even do what he himself says and leads himself into a trap by ignoring all the warnings. Even Lara warns him but he doesn't listen so the place collepses around him and he got stuck. And then years later when the events of TR4 happen just like Von Croy because of her greediness she ignores all the warnings and removes the amulet from its resting place but this time this causes something much more sinister to happen. Set is free thanks to Lara and armageddon begins. In the end Lara saves the world but this time Lara is stuck under the temple because it collapsed. What a great story and adventure it is. I feel great to finally find some people who adore this masterpiece as well.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-18, 10:01   #28
TheLostSecret

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by archfiend View Post
Well words cannot be enough to describe how awesome this game is but i'll try anyway. The Last Revelation... Even though TR1 is the first TR that i played TR4 was the second Tomb Raider game i played and it's the game that i played first properly and it's the game that got me into this fantastic franchise. Unfortunately this game is so underrated and when they criticize it it's so unfair. They just create stupid reasons like you guys said it was made just for getting money, or this game sucks because there's no Lara's Home, it sucks because the inventory system is completely changed, Lara looks awful and so many... I mean all of them are nonsense. It's perfectly fine that there's no Lara's Home. We had everthing we needed in TR3 and the training levels are great for the first time you play. Let's admit it we all adored young Lara when we first played this game. And it's not just a training level it's so important for the story like the thing that triggered the events in TR4. And Lara looks( both her fmv and in game model) great. She was better than ever. The only reason i can understand is the fact that this game takes place only in Egypt. I can understand many fans would love to travel around the world like in previous games but they say it like we're just stuck in a one place in Egypt the whole game. I mean that's nonsense too. We're in Egypt but we travel almost all parts of Egypt , Egypt is one hell of a big country and the best place for Tomb Raiding. It's the best sequel that protects its roots. Every place has different atmosphere and they're so cool. The story and the characters are just glorious. I love TR4's story even more than TRAOD's. The puzzles are brilliant. You can feel the effort they put in this game by just exploring the areas. It's a real Tomb Raider game and the tombs feel so realistic that no other TR games before TR4 was able to manage it. The graphics for a PS1 game looks amazing too. I also love backtracking too instead of stucking in one level in nearly a hour like in TR3 you can explore many places in one location and it makes this game much more realistic as well. I don't even mention the voice acting and soundtracks of this game. I can add so many details as well but like i said words can't be enough to describe them. I have so much memory with this game, all of my memories with other TR games combied can't match the memories i have with this game. Such great time. I remember for months i was lost in one area. It's how good this game is. And lastly i love the irony in story if you STILL don't finish this game IT'S A SPOILER! In training levels Von Croy says disrespect is a route to carelessness. But in the end Von Croy doesn't even do what he himself says and leads himself into a trap by ignoring all the warnings. Even Lara warns him but he doesn't listen so the place collepses around him and he got stuck. And then years later when the events of TR4 happen just like Von Croy because of her greediness she ignores all the warnings and removes the amulet from its resting place but this time this causes something much more sinister to happen. Set is free thanks to Lara and armageddon begins. In the end Lara saves the world but this time Lara is stuck under the temple because it collapsed. What a great story and adventure it is. I feel great to finally find some people who adore this masterpiece as well.
Yeah !
TheLostSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 06:31   #29
TR1249

Game is turning 20 this year, I'm old
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-19, 20:18   #30
NoahCrofRaider

Oh wow, it is! It’s my fourth or fifth favorite game in the series. So good.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote