Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 06-02-18, 06:44   #1011
Joey79100

^
In this case I hope it will have a separate window just like WADMerger, instead of having everything in one window. But with easy navigation between animations (like WADMerger) because it can be really useful when you're linking animations together, or even when you just need frames of other animations for the one you're making.
By the way I've just seen the animations will have names. I mean, I knew this was going to happen but seeing it feels so good.

So, I have a suggestion. It might sound silly, but could we get an (optional) clock on screen? I like to use programs in full screen, so I have my taskbar that goes away automatically. But I like to look at the time sometimes, so this would come in handy. I don't mean an analogic clock, just a simple one like in the taskbar. There is room at the right of the menu bar.

Also, I'm asking again but this is something I find quite annoying to be honest: could we have a toggle to hide the gizmos (or make them discreet) even when the object is selected? This is for lighting, they make it hard to see what you're doing when it's a dark room or you're doing subtle adjustments.

Last edited by Joey79100; 06-02-18 at 06:46.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 15:37   #1012
VictorXD

^ Yees to the second suggestion. They get in the way a lot sometimes. Maybe just make them more discreet and less 'in your face'.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 23:23   #1013
Dustie

You should be able to adjust the thickness of the lines that make up the gizmo arrows, as far as I remember...

Quote:
Gizmo section - adjusts the size of the 3D elements which make up the "gizmo" used to move, rotate and scale objects; TranslationCone is the "arrows", LineThickness is the thickness of the arrow lines, while CenterCube and ScaleCube are the cubes in the center and in the middle of the arrow lines (for future implementation)
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-18, 23:31   #1014
Danath

Question

There's one thing i was wondering about making TR2 and 3 levels with this editor.

Do you need to use old tools to edit the base files and textures, such as TRViewer, Fexmerger and PixStr, or can you use the new wad tools this editor provides? It would be awesome if you could use the newer tools for .tr2 files, because for example TRViewer makes the black color in the horizon textures appear as grey when you edit the .tr2 with it.
If i ever manage to do all the maps for my TR2 levelset i could quickly port the project to TombEditor thanks to the awesome terrain editing.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 12:27   #1015
Dustie

I believe you can use WadMerger or the WadTool to create a WAD usable for TR2 levels.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 14:55   #1016
tomb2player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
Are moving-fixed cameras a thing? They were included in the classics but for some reason the feature was disabled with TRLE. (And yes, I know the behaviour can be reproduced with TRNG but it'd be easier if there was a camera that does the work for itself)
Do you mean camera type that is present in TR2, for example when Lara approach in The Great Wall level location where there are birds and first key hole? Is there tutorial how to reproduce it with TRNG? (TRNG and old editor) .
tomb2player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 21:14   #1017
MontyTRC
Tomb Editor

I'm adding versioning to Wad2 and I've finished a new Sound Tool. Old sounds.txt files will be replaced by more modern XML files, and I've creaated a procedure for converting TXT -> XML. With a TR2/TR3 XML file opened, you will be able also to rebuild MAIN.SFX file.
Wad2 files for TR4, TRNG and TR5 will use the new dynamic soundmap. TR2 and TR3 will use the old style method.
MontyTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-18, 21:29   #1018
Nicklander

That's nice to hear !
The German TR-Community didn't know about all those features, so I've openned a thread there: http://forum.laraslevelbase.org/wbb2...threadID=16596

One of your devs is helping me out to keep the German fanbase informed.
Nicklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-18, 12:28   #1019
Nuke

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTRC View Post
I'm adding versioning to Wad2 and I've finished a new Sound Tool. Old sounds.txt files will be replaced by more modern XML files, and I've creaated a procedure for converting TXT -> XML. With a TR2/TR3 XML file opened, you will be able also to rebuild MAIN.SFX file.
Wad2 files for TR4, TRNG and TR5 will use the new dynamic soundmap. TR2 and TR3 will use the old style method.
Wow, this sounds so awesome! I was waiting for a proper editor to build tr1-5 levels

My old nick was ''Lukasz Croft'', hello everyone

Last edited by Nuke; 08-02-18 at 12:31.
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 15:26   #1020
Caesum

It seems Tomb Editor has a problem in showing where triggers are if they are placed on a tile which also has door attached. In this case I have a portal that is the size of the entire room, but the yellowish floor is a bit higher so it has collision. There is a trigger that activates camera and it works well + I can select it from 2D minimap, but the trigger itself is not shown on 2d map. Even weirder, for some reason on the same map there are visible triggers that were placed in room below. It's a bit hard to describe so I can just send the prj.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote