Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 15-08-19, 20:45   #2431
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
What the hell? How can you see that as rude?
First, how could that be rude considering they are developers willing to make builders' life easier. So I have no idea why you think it's rude.
Two, there are reasons that it has been kept:
1) It's something that existed in winroomedit, so why remove something.
2) It's something that the TR4 file format supports. In a general way, if the file format supports it, then it's better to keep support for it even if the base engine doesn't do anything with it, because anyone could come up with a patch, update, plugin, or different engine that would actually take advantage of this feature. Removing the control over that feature is just closing the door completely to the builders to even try doing something with it. That would be rude.
So explain me how you consider leaving this option is rude? Unless you're willing to see the developers as rude or looking for drama, there's really no reason to think they are.
Considering that's not what I was talking about at all, I don't consider the option rude lol

I was talking about the "duh" part of TR Freak's post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
reverb was already present in original winroomedit
I know, but it was never useful was it? It was always just a legacy button we couldn't use. A mere curiosity from Core's development times.

Stryke's question was totally valid, and there was no need to be patronizing.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-19, 20:45   #2432
Stryke

TombEditor is really the only main program I use. The original editor strains my eyes I've never really used it. There is no need to rant. I don't believe that's what he meant at all. He was referring to the duh which made it seem like I'm stupid.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 08:16   #2433
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
So, I'm using tombeditor + .wad2 and the pitch of flame sound is very low, anyway I can fix this now?

Also, texture sounds are buggy... I put sand and grass sounds but ingame it always sounds like mud.
Please withhold from modifying your wad2 for now, the sound system is being reworked at the moment and all current wad2 files will need to be converted, especially if they had sounds changed or custom samples added.

The reason your sounds are not replaced might be due to them not being fixed in the TrCatalog, which results in TE swapping samples around, although I'm not sure. This will be fixed with the sound system overhaul.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 16:17   #2434
GabrielCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Please withhold from modifying your wad2 for now, the sound system is being reworked at the moment and all current wad2 files will need to be converted, especially if they had sounds changed or custom samples added.

The reason your sounds are not replaced might be due to them not being fixed in the TrCatalog, which results in TE swapping samples around, although I'm not sure. This will be fixed with the sound system overhaul.
Thank you, understood.
GabrielCroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-19, 16:29   #2435
Joey79100

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Considering that's not what I was talking about at all, I don't consider the option rude lol

I was talking about the "duh" part of TR Freak's post.
Oops sorry then, I misunderstood.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-19, 22:48   #2436
Baslakor

Already posted this in TRNG basic question chat, but might be relevant here as well.

I have a flyby in my level, added sequences and numbers, but instead of ending at the last cam, it goes into loop (One Shot selected). I also tried a rollingball activing the cam with heavy trigger, but no difference. One Shots do not always work, as I had some Audio problems that kept repeating when stepping on the tile!

Even weirder, when I exit the level to title, title copies the flyby (title does not have flyby). Flyby even copies to title if I don't trigger the cam.

Lastly, there seems to be a max of 8-9 texture animations that can be active at the same location before they behave weird?

EDIT: Placing a flyby in the title-level (unused) fixes the title-problem. For some reason the camera also doesn't loop anymore, but the 'pan/snap back to Lara doesn't seem to work'. Any solutions for this?

Last edited by Baslakor; 18-08-19 at 01:21.
Baslakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 11:30   #2437
dcw123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
for reverb (d'uh) but TR4 doesnt support it.
TR5Main will have reverberation though
TBF even I wondered what the reverb effect was for.

I KNOW what reverb is - and that TR3,4,5 on PSX had reverb...
however the PC games did not for some odd reason.

What I was wondering was whether T.E enabled reverb but clearly not.
Would be cool to see this in the future though if that was possible ^^)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 12:00   #2438
LoreRaider

^it's already possible with TRNG, and with some workarounds of course
LoreRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 12:15   #2439
Dustie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Already posted this in TRNG basic question chat, but might be relevant here as well.

I have a flyby in my level, added sequences and numbers, but instead of ending at the last cam, it goes into loop (One Shot selected). I also tried a rollingball activing the cam with heavy trigger, but no difference. One Shots do not always work, as I had some Audio problems that kept repeating when stepping on the tile!

Even weirder, when I exit the level to title, title copies the flyby (title does not have flyby). Flyby even copies to title if I don't trigger the cam.

Lastly, there seems to be a max of 8-9 texture animations that can be active at the same location before they behave weird?

EDIT: Placing a flyby in the title-level (unused) fixes the title-problem. For some reason the camera also doesn't loop anymore, but the 'pan/snap back to Lara doesn't seem to work'. Any solutions for this?
Are you sure you have everything set up correctly for all cameras? I used flybys in a level I made and everything worked, including cut-cam tricks for clean sequence changes.

As for the textures, what do you mean exactly, more than 8-9 tiles of the same sequence applied anywhere in a level or more than 8-9 different animated sequences applied at least once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
I KNOW what reverb is - and that TR3,4,5 on PSX had reverb...
however the PC games did not for some odd reason.
afaik reverb wasn't achievable at the time of the games' release through plain DirectSound
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-19, 13:31   #2440
TR-Freak
Unverified

There was a rumor that the Reverb was implemented for old SoundBlaster sound cards. But afaik the reverb function for PC is nonexsitent.

Reverb is possible with plain DirectSound, even from old DirectX6. All you have to do is to implement Reverb on a sound buffer https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...verb-algorithm

I tried that with TRNG, but DirectX doesnt like it when you touch it's resources while they are bound.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote