www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 29-10-20, 19:37   #121
Athukraz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
ND took the daddy storyline and showed us all how to do it properly in one attempt. How many attempts have CD had now? God I really hope the next movie/game does not include her parents at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
How to do a proper father/daughter story:

how to not:

reboot trilogy + reboot movie
Everybody agreed. And yes ND is worthy of being kissed in the butt because they deliver everytime without having to be begged for the bare minimum like us with CD EM SE bye

Last edited by Athukraz; 29-10-20 at 19:38.
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-20, 19:41   #122
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Everybody agreed. And yes ND is worthy of being kissed in the ass because they deliver everytime without having to be begged for the bare minimum like us with CD EM SE bye
CD SE cant even do the bare minimum and interact with their fans. People think its "toxic" to criticize CD/SE but its also toxic to kiss their feet and feel as if there's no flaws or errors in what they do. Laughable. This is why the reboot games wont be remembered for anything but this anticipation of LC turning into the "tomb raider shes destined to be" which was such a non-event and basically non-existent. Whereas Uncharted, TLOU, SH3 and Classic TR are talked about and will be remembered for decades to come.
Old 29-10-20, 21:48   #123
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
And no one else but Uncharted fans are talking about Uncharted.
It is not like Fortnite players are gathering to talk about Uncharted. Or Devil May Cry players. Or Dark Souls players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
If you guys so desperate to kiss ND ass why not doing it on their forums or sites instead of here?
Like it or not, Uncharted and TR have many similarities and were directly competing titles. PS had Uncharted. Xbox had TR (for a year at least, unless you want to add in the DLCs for Underworld then it was longer).

Getting upset that people praise the competition for doing it better DOESNT help TR. That stifles innovation, creative ideas, and helps breed monotonous and boring standards that drop the bar low.

Uncharted is objectively more popular and successful than TR, in almost every way. TR should strive to set the bar higher and higher to achieve such a success that Uncharted has.

Asking people to leave the community because you donít like their opinions on how things could possibly be better doesnít help TR in the long run.
Old 29-10-20, 22:10   #124
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

I kinda agree though, as someone who likes Uncharted as well, I don't find it necessary to dismantle TR like some folks have. Some are being unnecessary harsh and cruel, even towards reboot.
Old 29-10-20, 22:55   #125
Costel
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
Like it or not, Uncharted and TR have many similarities and were directly competing titles. PS had Uncharted. Xbox had TR (for a year at least, unless you want to add in the DLCs for Underworld then it was longer).

Getting upset that people praise the competition for doing it better DOESNT help TR. That stifles innovation, creative ideas, and helps breed monotonous and boring standards that drop the bar low.

Uncharted is objectively more popular and successful than TR, in almost every way. TR should strive to set the bar higher and higher to achieve such a success that Uncharted has.

Asking people to leave the community because you donít like their opinions on how things could possibly be better doesnít help TR in the long run.
You miss the point. It is not that people praise the competition. It is that they praise it to **** on the reboot games.
"You suck CD/SE/EM and ND is better" it is not an opinion on wanting things to be better. It is just people ****ing on reboot games.
An opinion on how things should be better comparing with other game would sound like this:
" I really like the Grand Archives from Dark Souls 3. I want something similar in the next Tomb Raider"
Or " The Tyr Temple in the new God of War is amazing. Wish Tomb Raider would have something like that."
Old 29-10-20, 23:03   #126
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Naughty Dogs will not continue the Uncharted games and no one seems to be optimistic about the upcoming movie.
Tomb Raider on the other end is set to live again and certainly forever like Sonic, Mario or Zelda.
Old 30-10-20, 11:14   #127
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Theres literally 0 confirmation ND wont continue the Uncharted series (however Druckman said he didnt want to make a TLOU2 and look what happened). Sam was clearly introduced as a surrogate replacement in Uncharted 4 and to ease the transition of a non-Nate character having adventures but many of the audience didnt take to him as was hoped so they clearly revised and expanded The Lost Legacy to float a different dynamic. TLL went down very well across the board so I definitely see more Uncharted in the future as well as more TR.

Also, there is no hype for the TR movie because there has been no real news- it hasnt even started shooting yet. So,anyone outside an active fan base may not even know it even exists yet. Let's not yet so busy throwing 'shade' around that we abandon logic and common sense - Lara wouldn't approve.

Last edited by jajay119; 30-10-20 at 11:16.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-20, 12:01   #128
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Theres literally 0 confirmation ND wont continue the Uncharted series (however Druckman said he didnt want to make a TLOU2 and look what happened). Sam was clearly introduced as a surrogate replacement in Uncharted 4 and to ease the transition of a non-Nate character having adventures but many of the audience didnt take to him as was hoped so they clearly revised and expanded The Lost Legacy to float a different dynamic. TLL went down very well across the board so I definitely see more Uncharted in the future as well as more TR.
I heard SO many times that LL was the last from ND and the next ones will be held by another studio that I thought it was confirmed. Like what happened with Crash.
I didn't know Druckman didn't want to make a sequel to TLOU, initially. Everything is possible I guess.
Old 30-10-20, 21:36   #129
Pigfaced
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Also, there is no hype for the TR movie because there has been no real news- it hasnt even started shooting yet. So,anyone outside an active fan base may not even know it even exists yet. Let's not yet so busy throwing 'shade' around that we abandon logic and common sense - Lara wouldn't approve.
I also agree with this. The latest Tomb Raider film ended on an unresolved cliffhanger and there are absolutely NO news about its sequel either. On the other hand, the Uncharted movie has a lot of hype for it and just yesterday, the filming was officialy wrapped.

However, I believe that Uncharted has nothing to do with Tomb Raider's lukewarm reception now. It's just that ND handled their series much better over the past years compared to what SE did, and for this exact reason, Uncharted is getting progressively more popular. In 10 years from now, no one is gonna remember the current Lara Croft, they're gonna remember Nathan Drake, Sully, Elena etc.

So for me, that's what it boils down to; what the mainstream audience thinks of the Tomb Raider franchise, and mainly, their definition of who Lara Croft is. SE tried really hard to shove this new character to players, and while I really liked her, she's not enough to reach into everyone's subconscious and make them think "That's Lara Croft now!".
Pigfaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-20, 22:47   #130
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Lost Legacy really was a great game. Chloe was so much more interesting and in the short amount of time the dlc gave you, I really felt for her relationship with her dad. It didnít feel that forced. If you played UC before youíd know that Lost Legacy wasnít your typical UC. It actually focused heavily on the exploration. If ND were to get TR Iíd love for the team who worked on LL to have a go on the series. Expand on the puzzles and make a compelling but really fun story.