Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 24-08-17, 15:04   #591
Joey79100

The initial copy only has walls, so I assume they did that just to load less things in memory.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-17, 22:46   #592
Blayer98

I've noticed on the PS2 version of the Hidden training area is that the door near the dog uses a different animation for Lara. Instead of pushing the door, Lara grabs the door and swings it open with her left hand.

I've also noticed that the "arch" has a hand icon pop up, most likely a door that's supposed to be opened, but pressing Action does nothing. There is also no load transition when going past the "arch".

I might be remembering things wrong though so let me know if I'm wrong on anything lol
Blayer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-17, 09:14   #593
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
I wonder why they'd copy the corridor for the instance in which Lara hasn't place the bomb yet. Perhaps they were planning to give an additional opportunity to the player to sneak in without having to plant the bomb?
It's probably required to have something there to have the correct textures already loaded into the map and ready to switch the mesh with whatever instance of the room is needed in the interest of saving processor power. So they made a basic version of the corridor (note the lack of large round support, poles, and other small details) that the player is never supposed to see.

Though now we know it's there...

Interestingly enough the floor has no collision. Sure they just made the collision mesh load in when you trigger the explosion, but it seems weird not to just have it part of the normal map from the start.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-17, 10:01   #594
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Interestingly enough the floor has no collision. Sure they just made the collision mesh load in when you trigger the explosion, but it seems weird not to just have it part of the normal map from the start.
I've noticed that too. This means that the game can switch collisions too. Cool.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 22:08   #595
Gia_

Hej feels like 2 years the last time i checked this topic. I see all the pictures in the OP aren't even visible anymore. Are people still looking for new stuff nowadays? I don't think there is going to be anything new anymore, unless the old Core crew releases it. Had some good times looking for those little things!
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 19:23   #596
Blayer98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_ View Post
Hej feels like 2 years the last time i checked this topic. I see all the pictures in the OP aren't even visible anymore. Are people still looking for new stuff nowadays? I don't think there is going to be anything new anymore, unless the old Core crew releases it. Had some good times looking for those little things!
Honestly, I feel like there's so much more to discover that hasn't been found yet lol...
Blayer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 12:31   #597
nakamichi680

A small discovery regarding the "During Galleries under siege" cutscene.
During this cutscene, Gunderson's mercenaries are shown throwing a canister into the left air duct, but in the next sequence the canister and camera move into the right duct.

Last edited by nakamichi680; 06-10-17 at 15:26.
Old 06-10-17, 20:47   #598
red_lion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
A small discovery regarding the "During Galleries under siege" cutscene.
During this cutscene, Gunderson's mercenaries are shown throwing a canister into the left air duct, but in the next sequence the canister and camera move into the right duct.

Very interesting. Nakamichi680.

Last edited by red_lion; 07-10-17 at 09:15. Reason: correct the spelling nickname
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 07:50   #599
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
Very interesting. Naga.
O.T.
This is getting annoying. If you're misspelling my nickname on purpose to irritate me then you made it. Good for you!
Old 07-10-17, 18:04   #600
SLAYER

I don't remember any weird angles or cuts in that cutscene, it looked really smooth.

Makes it harder for future engine ports
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote