www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Technical Support

Old 20-04-21, 13:17   #1
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Unhappy Okay, I'm locked out of my YouTube Channell

When I log into YouTube, I type in my account name and then my password. However, I also get a code sent to my mobile phone which I then need to verify on YouTube in order to finalise my log in. This has been the case for years and has never been an issue. However, I no longer own the mobile phone that the code gets sent to, nor do I own any mobile phone at the moment. This means that the code is being sent to a mobile phone that I don't have access to, meaning that I can't currently log onto YouTube. Does anybody know if there's a solution to this problem?

(I'm aware that I haven't been active since July of last year. Fear not; my absence will get explained to you all in the near future.)

Last edited by Greenapple968; 20-04-21 at 13:42.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-21, 14:45   #2
CircusBabysGal
Historian

You might need to contact YouTube themselves and request a verification to your email login instead, if that wont work out I'm afraid you'll need to sign up for a new Account.
Old 20-04-21, 16:47   #3
tlr online
Administrator

Google offer a few alternative methods to regain access to your account, you might have some luck there.

https://www.google.com/account
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-21, 18:17   #4
Greenapple968
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircusBabysGal View Post
You might need to contact YouTube themselves and request a verification to your email login instead, if that wont work out I'm afraid you'll need to sign up for a new Account.
Is there a way of contacting YouTube? I've searched but haven't had much joy. I'm not keen on the idea of having to create a new account, but that might be what I'll need to do. From searching, it seems that people in similar positions to myself have ended up needing to create new accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Google offer a few alternative methods to regain access to your account, you might have some luck there.

https://www.google.com/account
I have tried the alternatives best I can but have had no luck. That link requires me to sign in, which isn't any good as I'm unable to sign in due to me not being able to do the verification.