Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 23-03-23, 19:31   #26201
Quebsenuef

My grandparents house is on the market for sale. I looked at pictures and they all look great! Looks so much bigger without furniture and things in it. My grandma loved to clutter every inch with shiny, gaudy, flashy stuff. It was definitely my Grandma’s house and my grandpa just lived there haha

It’s an end of an era and I’m sad to see it go. Lots and lots of memories there. Such a weird feeling. Very “Final”. I hope my dad is doing okay. That was his childhood home.

Current Mood: I got some feels
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-23, 23:05   #26202
charmedangelin

I really can't stand boomers like they are the worst. My brother with special needs has been working with a rehabilitation program to help him learn independent living skills and they finally landed him a job.

Instead of being proud of him and his accomplishments my grandpa said, "oh he's trying to make money now? Guess I'm going to have to double the rent to get some of that money to pay my bills."

I'm beyond floored that that was the first thing to come out of his mouth. It's also reflective of the problem with society in general. Boomers doing everything they can to suppress younger generations from obtaining any kind of wealth. I let him have it about what he said and his ridiculous entitlement that he thinks he deserves even a fraction of my brothers money. He tried to explain that young people don't need to be making too much money. Absolutely absurd.

Besides which he isn't working for the money, he's working to develop his independent living skills in case I die or in case my mother dies. He will at least be able to provide for himself and have the skills to survive us. But no, my boomer grandpa is only thinking about trying to take advantage of him to get money he doesn't deserve.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-23, 19:26   #26203
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
My grandparents house is on the market for sale. I looked at pictures and they all look great! Looks so much bigger without furniture and things in it. My grandma loved to clutter every inch with shiny, gaudy, flashy stuff. It was definitely my Grandma’s house and my grandpa just lived there haha

It’s an end of an era and I’m sad to see it go. Lots and lots of memories there. Such a weird feeling. Very “Final”. I hope my dad is doing okay. That was his childhood home.

Current Mood: I got some feels
I remember seeing my grandmothers house on the market after she passed away. Seeing the pictures online all empty and driving by and seeing the realtor showing people around felt so surreal.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-23, 20:09   #26204
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I remember seeing my grandmothers house on the market after she passed away. Seeing the pictures online all empty and driving by and seeing the realtor showing people around felt so surreal.
Yes! It’s just so strange.
We sold the house! That’s exciting. Not much we know about who bought it but they paid a ton of money for it.. without inspection. All cash.

As a family we’ll be going over there this weekend for one last walk through. I’m excited but also just bummed about it. Life goes on. I hope whoever gets that house really does something amazing with it! It’s what my grandma would’ve wanted haha
Old 31-03-23, 06:18   #26205
HarleyCroft

^that sounds like a huge gamut of feelings, Queb
Hope you're doing alright
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-23, 15:20   #26206
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^that sounds like a huge gamut of feelings, Queb
Hope you're doing alright
I appreciate you, thank you
It’s weird. I think I’m comfortable with knowing my grandparents are gone. It doesn’t feel like they’re gone forever or anything. Just like they’re on a fun cruise or something. Maybe that’s a bit of my Christian upbringing coming into play or something. I don’t know.

I will say I am absolutely dreading the loss of my last two grandparents. I have been incredibly fortunate to be as old as I am and have had so many memories with both sets of grandparents. They truly are grand and I feel for those who had bad grandparents or never got the chance to meet or be around their grandparents. Im so lucky and I cherish them so much.
Old 04-04-23, 10:12   #26207
Jonnipants

I am feeling constantly miserable! I work remotely. I miss human interaction. I dislike the isolation.

Working from home SUCKS!
Jonnipants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-23, 05:38   #26208
charmedangelin

Just discovered remote play on my PS4 and it's game changing. I always have to wait until my family is done with the TV since we only have one TV in the house. I just discovered that you can have your PS4 stream to your smartphone and play games like your playing on a Nintendo Switch. Graphics look really good too, especially Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It looks amazing on the OLED display of my Android phone, very vibrant.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-23, 19:05   #26209
Wools

My house has been in a state for the past 6 weeks while we have some building renovation work done and god it's been stressful.

As my Mrs is a Nurse and I work from home, I've accidentally become the chief foreman and that's been difficult! However, we're almost at the end now so chilling downstairs with a gin and tonic and feel pretty happy how I've handled it. I tend to stress over the smallest things and it's been hard being in a work call, discussing a big feature, documenting what I want to do and then have a bloke knock the door and ask how I want the shower head positioned, during most meetings!

But it's been worth it and I've realised how far I've come with my anxiety as if I had to do something like this 10 years ago, I would have crumbled.
Wools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-23, 11:07   #26210
perryloo

I am sick of rising electric/gas payments. The government subsidy has now stopped in the UK, and my direct debit just doubled this month WHAT?

I had to get on the phone to my energy provider and get the direct debit reduced back to a realistic figure. It is not right that they can just change the payment like that, by putting it astronomically up
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote