Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 18-04-20, 19:11   #2931
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mani_Man View Post
-Yup, that is ****ing awful.
The thing is that they even said they have 500 million dollar on the side and the tv contracts give them a lot of additional money no matter what.
They bought everybody they could get their hands on just so that the AEW or Indy leagues cant get people, now they threw them away because they know that currently nobody is hiring because nobody can hold shows.
And worst of all is this constant bull**** about them saying the words "family" the wwe is family and all that...but fire people during a pandemic, people they had no problem paying before.

They could have kept those people the next 6-8 months easily until things get better.
The most frustrating thing about this development is that reportedly this is only saving them 4M $. I'm saying only because that's the exact same amount they paid for Goldberg to return for the Saudi event in February and Wrestlemania. They fired all those wrestlers (and also half of their staff working in their offices whose names and numbers we don't even know) just for this pathetic amount.

What's even more ridiculous is that somebody like Lars Sullivan who was called out for being a racist and homophobic POS still gets paychecks because they won't fire injured people, or Jerry Lawler, who just last week said Akira Tozawa did a "Japanese ramen noodle moonsault" live on TV that had to be edited out later, still has a job, but they gladly released a pregnant Maria Kanellis and her husband. I honestly hope she sues them, because that's just beyond disgusting.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-20, 08:52   #2932
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
The most frustrating thing about this development is that reportedly this is only saving them 4M $. I'm saying only because that's the exact same amount they paid for Goldberg to return for the Saudi event in February and Wrestlemania. They fired all those wrestlers (and also half of their staff working in their offices whose names and numbers we don't even know) just for this pathetic amount.

What's even more ridiculous is that somebody like Lars Sullivan who was called out for being a racist and homophobic POS still gets paychecks because they won't fire injured people, or Jerry Lawler, who just last week said Akira Tozawa did a "Japanese ramen noodle moonsault" live on TV that had to be edited out later, still has a job, but they gladly released a pregnant Maria Kanellis and her husband. I honestly hope she sues them, because that's just beyond disgusting.
Yeah its not a good look at all, no matter how you look at it.
Sure a lot of them arent losing all they have in the next few days, many have saved their money and all...but there is no indication when things go back to normal, when wrestling shows with crowds can be a thing again.

It could be months before that happens and especially those who have family, suffer now.
Curt Hawkins wife had made a emotional post about this, who is also pregnant at this time so she cant go back to her work and most wwe wrestlers dont have second jobs unlike indy wrestlers who are also struggle even more.

Lawler should have been fired long ago, this awful line was just another one example of why.
Awful guy.

I dont think they can sue or anything since the wwe has the wrestlers sign bad contracts that protect the wwe.
David Starr is a wrestler who fights for the rights of the wrestlers and wants them to for a union and all that.
It pissed the wwe so much off that they pressured the german WXW to stop working with Starr.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 22:25   #2933
CerebralAssassin

Damn this thread is dead as ****!

A testament of how bad things are in WWE!

Heaps of wrestlers and employees have been released as of recently.

I think Vince is getting ready to sell the company...he wants to turn it into a nice,shiny package before he does that.
CerebralAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 09:34   #2934
Mani_Man

Sadly it doesnt generate too much interested, especially since the WWE has become so unbearable to watch.

Its a shame since there is a lot of Wrestling out there that deserves more attention.
We have so much wrestling avaliable right now, its insane.

I often cant catch up as fast as shows come because of that.

Yeah it feels like they prepare to sell it, which is not the worst idea considering the whole company is held back currently because every idea has to please Vince McMahon personally or gets canned.
And that leads to more and more people lose interest since the shows arent made for the masses and instead just for this one guy who has lost grip on what works and what not.

The firing wrestlers pisses me off because they fire them and claim its for budget cuts while they proudly reveal how many million dollars the company makes every year.
Old 26-07-21, 21:50   #2935
TRhalloween

I thought sports and rec was getting merged with general chat.

I think twitter and reddit are where people go to talk about wrestling. It kind of feels like talking into the void coming here
TRhalloween is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-21, 16:52   #2936
tomee

I personally still follow the product loosely, but I felt like so few people were commenting here that I stopped checking the thread.

As a result the only place I discuss it regularly is twitter, but it put me at an awkward position where I either watch the show live and discuss it live or I just catch up on everything the next day by reading the timeline. Occasionally I catch up on the show first and then comment on my page, but by that time it's just me talking to myself. It sucks to live in Europe in this regard. The show airs from 2 am till 5 for me, which I just cannot follow live when I have work in the morning.

I still try to watch at the very least the PPV events and I also catch up on NXT every week, but Raw and SD are passes for me these days. I only look up a match or a segment if my mutuals on Twitter are praising it.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-21, 19:28   #2937
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I personally still follow the product loosely, but I felt like so few people were commenting here that I stopped checking the thread.

As a result the only place I discuss it regularly is twitter, but it put me at an awkward position where I either watch the show live and discuss it live or I just catch up on everything the next day by reading the timeline. Occasionally I catch up on the show first and then comment on my page, but by that time it's just me talking to myself. It sucks to live in Europe in this regard. The show airs from 2 am till 5 for me, which I just cannot follow live when I have work in the morning.

I still try to watch at the very least the PPV events and I also catch up on NXT every week, but Raw and SD are passes for me these days. I only look up a match or a segment if my mutuals on Twitter are praising it.
Yeah, not many people seem to be too into it around here.

Personally im currently in a wrestling high again, despite the fact that still many promotions arent really doing stuff thanks to Covid.

WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, NWA, MLW, GCW, NJPW and what else i can get my hands on.
Its so cool how much wrestling despite everything is avaliable, and thank god for that, because if it would only be WWE, damn that would be bad.

I follow the WWE mostly only for Smackdown and NXT UK, NXT too a bit but i have found myself not being invested too much currently there...maybe has also to do with the fact that so many there seem to be Anti-Vaxxer and that pisses me off.
So i have a lot more time for other stuff in terms of Wrestling.

Raw is burning garbage as a show, truly awful in terms of everything.

AEW currently is where the fun is, they do so much cool stuff and now with the rumors of Daniel Bryan and CM Punk showing up there...oh boy is AEW on fire.

It does suck to be european on this yeah.
Many shows start when its late in the night and so you cant really get into the live tweeting etc and experience unless you dont have to work or slept the whole day or so.
It sucks and can often spoil the results of a show when you check twitter before the shows.
It really sucked during the GCW Homecoming weekend, that one was so fanastic and i couldnt really get hyped with the others and got spoiled the next day.

As for WWE, the MITB ppv recently was pretty good, Smackdown in general is really strong, NXT UK is a easy to digest and solid show, NXT is a bit of a hit and miss for me because there are a few people in there that im not interested in too much...Raw you can easily read the reports or watch the youtube clips, you dont miss too much.
Old 21-08-21, 14:59   #2938
Mani_Man

When you want to see what Wrestling can do when its done right, look no further than All Elite Wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAXCjqBzLg&t=37s

After 7 long years, the Voice of the Voiceless...is back.
Old 06-09-21, 12:58   #2939
Mani_Man

So, AEW had their Biggest PPV so far with ALL OUT.

I can only recommend it, if one wants to get into wrestling, wants to see what makes it the greatest thing in this world...take the risk and Buy the PPV.

It was a love letter to wrestling.