Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 12-12-18, 05:06   #1
Xevengar

Default Short Adventure mod (Horrors of Doctor Von Larsson)

Hey guys I was messing around and had a couple of ideas that I wanted to try, so I decided to share them with you in this silly mod.

This is what I call a Short Adventure mod, because in this case it only changes 2 levels and a cutscene, and it is themed around "Horror" and "Evil experiments"

Making the entire game the same theme can be boring, so making these mini adventures can be a fun way to spice things up. How about a space sci-fi mod in egypt? Or maybe a pirate themed adventure for Natla's mines.

These are just ideas and I don't promise that I will make them, but oh well onto the mod.

Horrors of Doctor Von Larsson

Von Larsson is up to no good and he has been conducting experiments with the intent of destroying the world!

Destroy his evil creations, raid his Laboratory and steal the Scion that is powering it!

This mod features:

New Model for lara
New Textures for the levels
New Model for Enemies and Trex
New Model for Larson

This mod changes "The Lost Valley" "Tomb of Qualopec" and the First cutscene where Lara fights Larson

Bellow are a few screenshots without spoiling anything, and a video walkthrough if you are too lazy to play it :P

Hope you have fun and don't take this too seriously hehe

Walkthrough

Download - Horrors of Doctor Von Larsson

Last edited by Xevengar; 29-05-19 at 20:00.
Xevengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 14:23   #2
Alex Fly
Inactive

OMG it's so cool, I love your creativity. I watched the video and it's really like playing a totally different game! I love the new look of the enemies, and the T-rex looks great too. Larson looks reallly creepy also!
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 19:02   #3
HarleyCroft

Awesome!
Thanks for including a walkthrough video too
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 19:59   #4
NoahCrofRaider

Wow!!! This looks super cool! I’d love to try this out, along with your other mods, but I don’t know how to mod the Steam version of TR1. Could you help me out on this?
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 20:17   #5
Xevengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
OMG it's so cool, I love your creativity. I watched the video and it's really like playing a totally different game! I love the new look of the enemies, and the T-rex looks great too. Larson looks reallly creepy also!
i'm glad you like it, I had the idea for the t-rex, but it was very bland to just release it alone, so this whole thematic idea started to build up from there

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Awesome!
Thanks for including a walkthrough video too
Cheers! Some people just don't have tomb raider for pc or don't wanna play it since it is the original levels after all, but with the walkthrough they can watch a specific enemy or texture etc. Everyone wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Wow!!! This looks super cool! I’d love to try this out, along with your other mods, but I don’t know how to mod the Steam version of TR1. Could you help me out on this?
Thank you so much! The only thing that you need really, is winrar or winzip.

When you download one of the mods, there is a Data folder inside the zip file.

Go to your Tomb Raider 1 game folder and backup your "Data" folder

After that, just drag and drop the files inside the "mod" data folder, to the original tomb raider data folder

Your original "load game files" will not work if the mod is active, so just start a new game, and then you can save
Old 13-12-18, 15:50   #6
fallenangle

Tried The Horrors Of Doctor Larsson mod download and can't work out how to enable it on my install. Do you have to play through to the third level and the mod kicks in when that loads?

BTW there's no containing Data folder BTW just lose CUT1.PHD, LEVEL3A.PHD and LEVEL3B.PHD.

What should the modded Data folder in the "tombraider" folder contain? All the existing files + these new ones or just the new ones?

My existing Data folder contains 4 .TUB files and two .PCX ones and I'm guessing this might be related to the fact I set up both TR1 and UB installed for no CD use. I used my original discs initially but it is so long since I installed them I can't remember exactly how I set it up for the far more convenient no CD use. I was wondering if that might affect the mod.

EDIT

Should have read up a bit more, apparently this requires TombAti. I'm using an earlier version of gidierre's installer which I assume the mod can not be applied too.

Last edited by fallenangle; 13-12-18 at 16:01.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-18, 16:27   #7
Xevengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
Tried The Horrors Of Doctor Larsson mod download and can't work out how to enable it on my install. Do you have to play through to the third level and the mod kicks in when that loads?

BTW there's no containing Data folder BTW just lose CUT1.PHD, LEVEL3A.PHD and LEVEL3B.PHD.

What should the modded Data folder in the "tombraider" folder contain? All the existing files + these new ones or just the new ones?

My existing Data folder contains 4 .TUB files and two .PCX ones and I'm guessing this might be related to the fact I set up both TR1 and UB installed for no CD use. I used my original discs initially but it is so long since I installed them I can't remember exactly how I set it up for the far more convenient no CD use. I was wondering if that might affect the mod.

EDIT

Should have read up a bit more, apparently this requires TombAti. I'm using an earlier version of gidierre's installer which I assume the mod can not be applied too.
My bad on the poor explanation.

Yes this does requiere TombAti, it is free and it works witht steam/gog versions.

Tt was my mistake, but the loose files inside the zip, are the ones that you put inside the original data folder of tomb raider game
Old 13-12-18, 20:01   #8
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevengar View Post
Thank you so much! The only thing that you need really, is winrar or winzip.

When you download one of the mods, there is a Data folder inside the zip file.

Go to your Tomb Raider 1 game folder and backup your "Data" folder

After that, just drag and drop the files inside the "mod" data folder, to the original tomb raider data folder

Your original "load game files" will not work if the mod is active, so just start a new game, and then you can save
Thank you for the help! It worked, and I absolutely loved playing through your mod. Larson’s makeover looks great and the levels really feels a lot different. Nice work!
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 22:38   #9
DJ Full

Can we hope for an easter mod?
Atlantis monsters spawning from easter eggs
Giant rabbit torso guy.
Bunny ears on t-rex.
Chickens instead of raptors.
mutants shooting creme eggs
Easter lamb instead of egypt sphinx
bunny tail on lara
rollingball eggs
and such things

Last edited by DJ Full; 10-01-19 at 22:45.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote