www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 30-05-20, 00:34   #11
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

This outfit is already available as a PHD mod.

Google for "TR1 AOD shorts by Mokono" with quotations - you should find exactly what you're after. The website is forbidden to be linked here but contains many many mods. I believe this one is an NGAGE rip.

Looking further it's only available for Caves.

In this case you need TRVIEWER. Dont use fexmerger for copying TR1 outfits as LARA also contains her animations.

Open the NGAGE phd in trviewer and export LARA as a trmvb file. This contains all her meshes and animations. Also export Uzi anim (contains angry shooting face), and shotgun anim (contains shotgun on chest)

Now that I think about it - export all weapon anims! Her thighs are probably textured with AOD shorts too so, you'll have to. These slots contain her weapon holsters and thighs.
Now open whatever level youd like to play this with with TRviewer. You then need to

Import/overwrite LARA trmvb WITHOUT animations (tick meshes only). Importing any Lara animations within phd levels will cause it to break

Import overwrite UZI and SHOTGUN anims with your trmvbs also.(wise to also keep animations untucked- but not essential)
Also overwrite pistols anim and magnum anims too.

You should have now overwritten 5 objects that you extracted from NGAGE mod. Lara, Pistols Anim Uzis Anim Shotgun Anim and Magnum anim.

Save your levels PHD and test should have no problems!

This is a heavy example of the differences between outfits in TR1/2 and 3/4/5

Tr1 2 Uses ONE object. Lara with anims and meshes
Tr3 4 5 uses MULTIPLE objects. Lara with anims but no meshes.
Lara_Skin for meshes.

So - trviewer is the way to go for changing TR1 TR2 outfits. (Import LARA with anims UNTICKED)
Fexmerger for TR345 as you only need to be changing LARA_SKIN and doesnt touch her anims. Fexmerger doesn't have an untickable anims box.

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 30-05-20 at 00:46.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 01:13   #12
LateRaider
Professor

thanks for the detailed response, mizuno_suisei. i'm not sure when i'll get on this but hopefully by the end of june. and yeah i've seen mokono's mod on That Site before but i didnt like that it gave her the AoD glasses

edit 1 - is there any way to make TRViewer work with a TR1 installed with Gidierre's installer? the level files appear to be in 3DF format which TRViewer can't read

edit 2 - aodfan's ngage outfit doesn't have a phd file in it. just sam sfx swd wad and was.

Last edited by LateRaider; 30-05-20 at 03:01.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 03:51   #13
mizuno_suisei
Relic Hunter

That's strange - I've never heard of 3DF format. Could you try renaming it to a PHD file?

Aodfans outfit is for the level editor- which makes levels from scratch. What you would have to do is add this outfit to a TR4 "wad", with wadmerger, compile that level as a TR4 file - THEN use trviewer to export LARA_SKIN. Trviewer and fexmerger only work with post compiled level files. Trsearch.org outfits are all "wads". I advise you wipe this idea unless a last resort. It takes many more steps.

I've never seen the ngage version personally my bad - I assumed she had the glasses too

In that case - you could download mokonos tr1 outfit and open the PHD file with PIXstr22.

Undoubtedly there will be an existing magenta texture - you should scroll and find both LARAs head mesh, and LARA_UZI_ANIM angry head mesh, then texture her glasses magenta magenta renders as transparent in TR1s engine! Save.

The pink in this image I just found on google as an example is the exact magenta shade you look for - most TR1 level files have it already as a very small tile.

Now you can do your trviewer export and reimport into other levels - with your own now transparent glasses

Last edited by tlr online; 30-05-20 at 12:21. Reason: Image removed. See FAQ on posting images.
mizuno_suisei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 05:13   #14
LateRaider
Professor

thanks, i might give it a go! i appreciate it. if not anyone else is very welcome to trying it themselves lmao modding TR1 feels like eldtrich magic
Old 30-05-20, 14:34   #15
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Default Playable demo

Here is the TR1 AOD shorts by Mokono which is possibly an NGAGE rip as mentioned in above comments, I have put it into a TR1 player as a playable demo for you. See the 'read me' for instructions to get it started.

Demo download.....
http://www.mediafire.com/file/54lfsp...okono.zip/file

Cheers Chi
Old 30-05-20, 16:19   #16
UroshUchiha
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Here is the TR1 AOD shorts by Mokono which is possibly an NGAGE rip as mentioned in above comments, I have put it into a TR1 player as a playable demo for you. See the 'read me' for instructions to get it started.

Demo download.....

Cheers Chi
"I originally tested this with http://ykhwong.x-y.net/ download SVN DOSBox of May 21, 2012. Later tests with the November 10, 2012 and February 5, 2013 SVN DOSBox failed completely for Glide in Tomb Raider 1. Therefore this uses the May 21, 2012 version, the only one that worked for me."

I just tested it with the latest DOSBox release from June 26th, 2019 and when running START_DOSBOX_TR1-GLIDE.bat with dosbox.exe it's failing when trying to run TOMB-V.EXE. Saying that it can't load some DLL.
But when I replace dosbox.exe in the .bat file with dosbox_debug.exe it runs perfectly fine.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-20, 17:20   #17
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post

Demo download.....

Cheers Chi
thanks chi, but doesn't mokono's version have the glasses? or is this a custom version you made that removed them? or does mokono give a glasses on / glasses off option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
"I originally tested this with http://ykhwong.x-y.net/ download SVN DOSBox of May 21, 2012. Later tests with the November 10, 2012 and February 5, 2013 SVN DOSBox failed completely for Glide in Tomb Raider 1. Therefore this uses the May 21, 2012 version, the only one that worked for me."

I just tested it with the latest DOSBox release from June 26th, 2019 and when running START_DOSBOX_TR1-GLIDE.bat with dosbox.exe it's failing when trying to run TOMB-V.EXE. Saying that it can't load some DLL.
But when I replace dosbox.exe in the .bat file with dosbox_debug.exe it runs perfectly fine.
aw this is unfortunate
Old 30-05-20, 17:47   #18
UroshUchiha
Student

It's the version with the glasses. Maybe I worded myself poorly. In the readme document The Great Chi wrote, it says that they used an older version of DOSBox, it works perfectly fine with the latest build too you just have to run it with another .exe instead.
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-20, 06:11   #19
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Yes, this demo version has got glasses. Looking cool Lara