Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 30-08-17, 11:14   #31
Dustie

Awesome! There hasn't been this many great developments in the community for a very, very long time...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 12:29   #32
Caesum

I'm kinda sad the old options will be removed entirely, especially filtering options, since I truly do believe that when it comes to Tomb Raider and its original textures any sort of filtering is bad.

That is unless there will be a fix to the problem of textures leaking when bilinear filtering is turned on?

Also, I'm kinda sad that software renderer is gone, since it has one simple feature that is very unique to it - transparent TR1 alike inventory.

Still, can't wait for the new options! Oh by the way, does your patch fix the problem of window borders when going fullscreen?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 15:03   #33
Ludko444

Really cool thing Arsunt. I'm excited you will share more informations what you decompiled, good work man
Ludko444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 15:12   #34
Arsunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I'm kinda sad the old options will be removed entirely, especially filtering options, since I truly do believe that when it comes to Tomb Raider and its original textures any sort of filtering is bad.
As I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
However, some legacy options will be removed or extended.
  • Filter:
    • Nearest Point
    • Bilinear
    • Anisotropic
  • Textures:
    • 8 bit
    • 16 bit
    • External
This means I will not delete 8/16 bit textures and oldschool Nearest Point and Bilinear filters. I will add External textures and Anisotropic filter as an option.
Quote:
That is unless there will be a fix to the problem of textures leaking when bilinear filtering is turned on?
May I see an example screenshot?
Quote:
Also, I'm kinda sad that software renderer is gone, since it has one simple feature that is very unique to it - transparent TR1 alike inventory.
You can select one of the "wallpaper" options:
  • Animated pattern inventory (TR2 PSX style)
  • Static pattern inventory (TR2 PC style)
  • Shaded transparent inventory (TR1 style)
  • Grayed transparent inventory (TR3 style)
Quote:
Oh by the way, does your patch fix the problem of window borders when going fullscreen?
I've fixed it already.

P.S. In the middle of September I will need beta testers, so send me PM if someone wants to help me before the big release.

Last edited by Arsunt; 30-08-17 at 16:46.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 17:52   #35
SLAYER

Quote:
YASSS
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 19:58   #36
Caesum

Quote:
This means I will not delete 8/16 bit textures and oldschool Nearest Point and Bilinear filters. I will add External textures and Anisotropic filter as an option.
Oh now I see. I misunderstood your post then.

Quote:
May I see an example screenshot?
I only have TRLE and TR4 right and for some reason the screenshot key doesn't work at all, so I can't give my own screenshot at the moment. There is a tutorial that explains the problem though:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=206120

Quote:
Oh that's absolutely great.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-17, 22:39   #37
Danath

Exclamation

Oh wow i've just seen this, it's incredible work!
Now i'm wondering if i should wait for this before doing my next TR2 map, i assume all these new things can work with user-created maps from Dxtre3D?
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 20:28   #38
TempleOfHorus

Thanks for sharing Arsunt
TR2 is awesome game and with your improvements will yet better. I can't wait on next things what you will share.
TempleOfHorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 16:15   #39
Red46
Unverified

Really nice post, love to see those technicalities explained. It really feels that for the first 3 games, pc version was an afterthought and they just compiled some early code compared to what they shipped for psx and labeled it as pc version.

Will it be possible to fix the small audio bugs in tr2 with this patch? For example, with the gog version of tomb raider 2 (and the patch from the multipatcher) some music plays where it shouldn't. For example in the first level you hear the sound of wind even when you are inside which, you shouldn't be hearing.

Also, any chance that in the future there will be a similar post explaining why the "low ceiling bug" (lara seems to hit against an invisible wall when side jumping after a patch is installed) happens?

Incredible work and nicely explained even for people who are not really into programming, keep the awesome job up!
Red46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 19:16   #40
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red46 View Post
Also, any chance that in the future there will be a similar post explaining why the "low ceiling bug" (lara seems to hit against an invisible wall when side jumping after a patch is installed) happens?
That seems to happen based on which exe version your using. I have both the full version and demo versions (USA CD versions) and that bug happens in the demo version but not the full. If you're using that cd multi-patcher, I suggest trying out the German or Russian exe since, from my experience, the bug doesn't exist in those.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote