Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 16-12-22, 18:38   #141
AimlessThunder

Ah.. Damn. My condolences..

At least they got to go to the Oscars together and she got to see her daughter win one! She looked so happy for her daughter..
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-22, 22:32   #142
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Okay. I am 100% convinced that Amazon has the rights to TR for the cinema.

I think, in the Amazon Game note, it is clear that Amazon sees interest in TR and Embrace wanted transmedia projects.
I think I follow your sentiment on this, if Amazon got the game publishing rights to the franchise and Crystal also owned the film rights again then it stands to reason that they'd also lease out the film rights with the game just as they did years ago with Warner Bros.

The shared universe thing also has me thinking that they'll want to tie everything up in one universe which makes me think we will hopefully get a unified version of Lara across all mediums in the same continuity.

If it's eventually announced that Hayley Atwell is voicing Lara Croft in the game then I can see her being the unified Lara for the film too.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 17-12-22 at 22:34.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-22, 23:07   #143
Portugalraider

Breaking my hiatus a bit.

I also think Amazon either already has or is currently negotiating the movie rights once again with CD.

At the same time, if Amazon gets both the game publishing right and movie rights, it probably would allow CD to also have any future movie be part of the unified timeline, instead of them being the one thing in a different continuity like previously.

And if Amazon gets both the game publishing rights and movie rights, they might also be more inclined to pick the animated series as soon as Netflix inevitably drops out of the project. Lucky for us, it is actually Legendary who owns the rights for it and they would just need to shop for a different network/streaming service to continue the series.

Well, back to my cave. See you next time
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-22, 23:20   #144
Tonyrobinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Breaking my hiatus a bit.

I also think Amazon either already has or is currently negotiating the movie rights once again with CD.

At the same time, if Amazon gets both the game publishing right and movie rights, it probably would allow CD to also have any future movie be part of the unified timeline, instead of them being the one thing in a different continuity like previously.

And if Amazon gets both the game publishing rights and movie rights, they might also be more inclined to pick the animated series as soon as Netflix inevitably drops out of the project. Lucky for us, it is actually Legendary who owns the rights for it and they would just need to shop for a different network/streaming service to continue the series.

Well, back to my cave. See you next time
Well Amazon recently acquired Dj2 who are making the series with Legendary. They've been pretty open with wanting to make more video game to tv/film content too. If I recall correctly Embracer also own Dark Horse comics. Once the two season order for the anime is complete with Netflix I can't see Amazon letting them continue with their competitor now that they own the production studio behind it. Everything would then truly be under the one roof.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 17-12-22 at 23:23.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-22, 08:26   #145
Moon-Safari

Angelina Jolie Clears Her Schedule to Possibly Return to the Role of Lara Croft
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-22, 10:35   #146
Xilurm

Dunno if that's sarcasm, but if it ain't, that's not what the article says at all, it's not even about acting.
Xilurm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-23, 08:28   #147
jeffrey van oort

Default Happy Anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
Added statement received from Crystal Dynamics here.
It's no use, the snowcat doesn't go any farther.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Yeah there's no reason they can't rehire her.
LeL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcroft_lc View Post
Please cast Daisy Ridley this time!
A trenchcoat, and rocking horse. Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
I wonder if the war for Tomb Raider is still happening...
I want for you, some understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
The rights have already reverted back to Embracer.
Group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online View Post
They have indeed.
Jones.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-23, 18:14   #148
Moon-Safari

In related news, miller lite came out with a commercial telegraphing that they're buying up all the old properties that put women in bathing suits in the 90's, and they're fixing them so the people who are in their parent's basements online complaining about it can see what "good stuff" looks like. It's hillarious because the girl they hired has a ton a bathing suit pictures on her instagram so she's a hypocrite, and they just tanked another beer company with their virtue signaling to women. Same as she hulk. They stubbornly attack fans of established properties of beautiful women and tank their own products and don't even care because it's not about profit, it's about forcing an ideology that nobody wants. Just like the lowest scored series on rotten tomatoes ever now, black cleopatra on netflix.
Old 16-05-23, 18:26   #149
Rai

This has nothing to do with TR or MGM, therefore not on topic. Stop spamming your political agenda/ conspiracies in threads it does not belong.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-23, 18:45   #150
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
This has nothing to do with TR or MGM, therefore not on topic. Stop spamming your political agenda/ conspiracies in threads it does not belong.
It's not a spam it's a comm from ESG capitalists buying up properties like TR. Then major companies pushing this same agenda clearly aimed at fanbases like that of Tomb Raider who have a very strong front with influencers who are tired of "transformative" going in the direction of SJW. It's called related nuance of a conversation. You want to divorce all conversation away from Tomb Raider's position within the culture, which is what lead to it's massive success in the first place. Tomb Raider exists within the landscape of our culture so trying to artificially place it in a vacuum to cover up the hypocrisy of the left trying to gain ownership of all properties is very transparent. We talk about the TR girl power movement of the 90's and nobody calls that politics. But if you mention how the leftist corporations are trying to transform it through financial influence for social change, then it's a conspiracy/agenda. Just more attempts at censorship of what we can all clearly see.

Tomb Raider has a lot of new shareholders and this miller lite commercial that came out in march before the dylan mulvaney stuff shows a pattern in trying to push woke to edge out all male demographic properties to remove anything traditionally and culturally representative of men. It's social engineering. And I thought the miller lite commercial exemplified a very poignant parallel to what they are doing to entertainment.

https://youtu.be/HFlxfxyJqAU

Now that amazon has the film, show, and game publishing rights, is this the ESG corporate mentality that will be established? Go from Lara in bathing suits like in COL to something closer to the Statue from the tomb raider experience? I think given the context of the cultural engineering from companies targeting traditionally male geared properties, that is a relevant question to the discussion of who owns the movie rights now.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 16-05-23 at 18:47.