Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 30-07-22, 21:05   #111
DOPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
I'm not sure AJ could be physically trained like before.
Please, she’s still doing action movies.
DOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 21:14   #112
Portugalraider

More thank physically capable, the biggest IF about Angelina Jolie returning as Lara is if she is even interested in going back to the role, really...
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 21:35   #113
AimlessThunder

I find it so ridiculous that some people still think about Angelina reprising her role. Move on.. She already turned down doing the third film, and now she's too old.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-22, 22:49   #114
Tonyrobinson

The only saving grace I can think of if this goes to Netflix, then it is a high possibly that we get Hayley Atwell as Lara Croft and possibly a more ambitious storyline if they don't do a quick cash grab adaption. Apart from that I didn't really like what they done with Resident Evil and The Witcher can be rather hit and miss. To this end I also think it would suffer from a cheap production budget compared to a more established studio.

I could see Universal or Legendary doing good things with Tomb Raider because they seem to know how to market big blockbuster action films and give their movie larger budgets. The first films budget didn't shine on screen (the cinematography wasn't very good) the way it should have for a budget of that size and the sets that were built, the marketing was terrible too.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 30-07-22 at 22:52.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-22, 21:20   #115
Jen_TR

I really hope whoever has it recasts Alicia… TR movies do not need another reboot. Harrison Ford has been Indy forever, Tom Holland will be in Uncharted 2. TR will be a joke in comparison if it gets changed again. Alicia would be fab as the face of the Unified Timelines as we saw at the end of her first movie.
I’d be up for Angeline returning though, give TR a Top Gun Maverick moment.

Last edited by Jen_TR; 23-10-22 at 21:22.
Jen_TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-22, 10:19   #116
Tonyrobinson

It's been a few months now and not a peep. I wonder if the rights reverted back to Embracer after all of this time. I thought by now we'd atleast have an early indication of who would be in the running to make the film.
Old 29-10-22, 18:57   #117
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen_TR View Post
I really hope whoever has it recasts Alicia… TR movies do not need another reboot. Harrison Ford has been Indy forever, Tom Holland will be in Uncharted 2. TR will be a joke in comparison if it gets changed again. Alicia would be fab as the face of the Unified Timelines as we saw at the end of her first movie.
I’d be up for Angeline returning though, give TR a Top Gun Maverick moment.
Yes!

Slay queen!

I wonder if there is still a possibility for her to reprise her role.. And I also wonder if the ponytail could be a hint at something more.
Old 29-10-22, 19:11   #118
Tonyrobinson

I love her and her make up and hair look great but I still maintain she's one of the worst dressed women in Hollywood.

It'll be a shame if she isn't brought back but also exciting to see who will get the part of Lara if she doesn't and if the film will be successful for a third reboot.

I don't think it will be anytime soon until we see the next film probably 2026 at the earliest but even at that I still think its probably further off.

I hope they give it to a big studio what believes in a theatrical release.
Old 29-10-22, 19:25   #119
AimlessThunder

I actually think that she deliberately chooses to dress that way. He he.
Old 07-11-22, 06:05   #120
CheshireBitch

I would really like them to recast Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft, she was amazing !!! I honestly can't see anyone else and it would be tiring to cast a new Lara and again get used to her and for the GP it would be another new big change... people are slowly loosing track of who Lara is imo... Even Batman that get change a lot has full arcs on several years with several movies.
Make at least a couple of new movie with Alicia Vikander before changing her for a new actress...

Honestly I would love they keep her as Lara for years and we would see Lara get older with the stories just like Indiana Jones ! Kinda tired of having a new young Lady every two movies (even if their castings for Lara were perfect so far)

Also it would be great to see Angelina Jolie come back as a more mature Lara Croft. A new take on how Lara Croft is in her 40s would be refreshing and very very cool !
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote