Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 28-01-23, 00:58   #11
Rai

I just saw this. Oh, boy, a film and a tv show, that's insane. I dunno if I want to believe it.

Give me confirmation from CD or Amazon.

Last edited by Rai; 28-01-23 at 01:00.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 01:00   #12
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Deadline have elaborated a bit more, Legendary is also one of the rights holders so I fully expect Atwell to be the unified Lara at this point.

https://deadline.com/2023/01/tomb-ra...os-1235243030/
I don't think so because Atwell was choosed by Netflix and not the showrunner of the TV anime to be Lara Croft.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 01:08   #13
Portugalraider

Honestly, I would be more than fine if Atwell became Lara's official actress in everything. The only thing I do hope is that, outside of the live-action projects for obvious reasons, Lara is still designed to not be a 1:1 copy of whoever voices/mocaps her.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 02:42   #14
Child Of Ocean

Atwell is not famous enough to lead a movie franchise
She’s not an intriguing choice to play Lara too

Last edited by Child Of Ocean; 28-01-23 at 02:44.
Child Of Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 05:29   #15
charmedangelin

It seems Amazon has plans to push Lara Croft to become a household mascot like Mario, Link, and Crash. I'm definitely here for it.

For the movie I hope it's something new and fresh. The survival era has been concluded, I want everything going forward to be unification.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 05:40   #16
AngryElephant
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Of Ocean View Post
Atwell is not famous enough to lead a movie franchise
She’s not an intriguing choice to play Lara too
Fame don't mean **** when it comes to acting talent. There's plenty examples of unknown actors killin' it in big roles, like Heath Ledger as the Joker or Charlize Theron in "Monster". Even big stars can surprise us with great performances, like Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump". Bottom line, talent is what really matters, not fame.
AngryElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 05:56   #17
Child Of Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryElephant View Post
Fame don't mean **** when it comes to acting talent. There's plenty examples of unknown actors killin' it in big roles, like Heath Ledger as the Joker or Charlize Theron in "Monster". Even big stars can surprise us with great performances, like Tom Hanks in "Forrest Gump". Bottom line, talent is what really matters, not fame.

Heather Ledger was in Brokeback Mountain before he was in Joker. Charlize was famous and co-starred with Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves before she starred Monster. I don’t know what you mean that they were unknown actors

There are famous and interesting actors with acting skills. Atwell is not famous or charismatic enough to play Lara. She’s not even talented and acclaimed like Alicia. Why should we limit our choice to her

Plus Monster is a small-budget movie. TR movie is blockbuster. It needs a famous leading actor to increase its commercial appeal. TR movie series can’t bear another commercial flop or we may not get another one
Child Of Ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 06:05   #18
amiro1989

The Marvel mention represents the scale of their investment and their direction.

Last edited by amiro1989; 28-01-23 at 06:07.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 08:04   #19
JACOBryanBURNS
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Of Ocean View Post
Heather Ledger was in Brokeback Mountain before he was in Joker. Charlize was famous and co-starred with Al Pacino and Keanu Reeves before she starred Monster. I don’t know what you mean that they were unknown actors

There are famous and interesting actors with acting skills. Atwell is not famous or charismatic enough to play Lara. She’s not even talented and acclaimed like Alicia. Why should we limit our choice to her

Plus Monster is a small-budget movie. TR movie is blockbuster. It needs a famous leading actor to increase its commercial appeal. TR movie series can’t bear another commercial flop or we may not get another one

Well you sound like you don't know muf of anything about anything regarding the viability for films and their stars. Those names you mentioned don't necessitate a hit. They've all had some real duds in their time since then. Also, Marvel made stars out of most of their lineup. Sure they had films and TV credits to their names before but there's VERY few of them that can't say that Marvel didn't launch them into the stratosphere.

It takes a certain project to elevate the actor as much as it takes the actor to elevate the project.
JACOBryanBURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-23, 09:42   #20
PinkyPromise

Thanks God! A movie too! I thought that TR was far from high-end products for a cheap TV show.

I like. Although everything is so ambitious! If everything is connected... I imagine that the Lara of the video game will be Lara in the movie.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 28-01-23 at 09:44.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote