Other (Please name) 15 15.79%
None, Lara's best alone 62 65.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-19, 21:46   #1
Rai

Default Lara Croft's Girlfriend

Poll requested by Lance6439

Quote:
who would you think would be best fit as Lara’s girlfriend?
I decided not to add an option for boyfriend as the request was for girlfriend specifically. There can always be a poll for boyfriend

Last edited by Rai; 09-02-19 at 21:54.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 22:05   #2
Samz

Are we restricted to the reboot?

If not, then Doppelgänger.

Last edited by Samz; 09-02-19 at 22:10.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 22:07   #3
Yeauxleaux

Janice.

/thread.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 22:12   #4
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Janice.

/thread.

I guess that depends, how many Euros does Lara have?
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 04:01   #5
Patrick star

None , obviously .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 06:43   #6
Caesum

Natla seems like a good choice.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:22   #7
Yuna´s Wish

Sam.

It's a game, people, play. Yes, Lara is a loner and her sexuality is a secret guarded by Atlanteans. It's a what if scenario. Just play.
Yuna´s Wish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:30   #8
Quebsenuef

If serious, no one. Lara should be a loner but I know that Neo Lara has a gaggle of friends and companions with her so it really doesn’t make sense anymore.

If joking, I’d say she should be a hardcore punk rock militant lesbian with Sam. Tattoos, piercings, vegan, and she drives a school bus run completely on sweat and vegetable oil. She makes her own clothes (which isn’t too far from the outfits I’ve seen lately for Neo Lara) and she is a Wiccan and that’s how she’ll heal herself in game.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 13:54   #9
jackali
Golden

Why does it matter? She's not real.
She doesn't need to be written into a romantic relationship to flesh out her character or add depth. There are other ways to make her an interesting character than through someone else.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 14:46   #10
Cochrane
Golden

I really need to finish Shadow one of these days. Anyway, of the ones I did meet, I guess Sofia is the closest, but I don't really like any of them all that much.

Sam is the most obvious but she's got no real personality. She's a standard damsel in distress who makes only the stupidest choices, if any. Sam and Lara kissing after Lara rescued her at the end of Reboot would make narrative sense, in the way every good (meaning non-Craig) Bond movie ends: As reward for stopping the destruction of the world, the hero gets to sleep with the beautiful woman. But we've mostly gotten rid of that trope for good reason, and the fact that the hero here is a woman as well (and/or that she doesn't kiss the damsel on the end, at least on screen) doesn't magically turn this boring cliché progressive and interesting. Sam ultimately fails Kelly Sue DeConnick's "Sexy Lamp" test: You can replace her with a sexy lamp, and the rest of the plot works exactly the same. That's not an interesting relationship.

Sofia is, like everyone in Rise, basically just an outline for a character. Gruff warrior who knows hardship and is competent. But hey, it's still better than Sam, and I could more easily imagine a scenario where these two are equal partners in adventure.

I completely forgot Nadia was in Rise even though I played her DLC. Did she actually do anything besides give us that Baba Yaga quest?

I haven't played far enough through Shadow to have met the other two. My guess is that given Shadow's much better overall writing, they'd be better choices.

In the field of "other", I'd say either Netflix's Carmen Sandiego, or Wonder Woman.

Edit: Hm, not sure whether that link is appropriate here; while everything in that thread itself is PG rated, other stuff in that same Twitter feed isn't.

Of course Lara can be written interestingly without any love interest, and I think that would probably fit best overall. But still, it can be fun to speculate.

Last edited by Cochrane; 10-02-19 at 14:51.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote