Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 11-12-16, 17:59   #961
TheIckyOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth99 View Post
So I have too much time on my hands it seems... I poked around the files and found sound clips in the CDRM files (mesh/scene).

I modified the program to add this functionnality. I took the liberty to update the version to 3.97, I hope Dusan won't mind

Here's the program : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19940372/Unp...TRU3.97bin.zip
and the source code : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19940372/Unp...7srcVS2010.zip

Just open a CDRM file and select "all sounds (.fsb4)". If there are sound files, they will be extracted. The sounds are in the FSB4 format. You can use the program towav to convert them. If you want to convert multiple files at the same time, just put the program and the files in the same folder, open a command prompt, browse to the folder and write "towav *.fsb4", all the files will be converted.

You'll see, it's fun to hear all the screams Lara can do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliha View Post
TrUnpack_by_dusan 3.98https://www.sendspace.com/file/50rkmy
Add:
AvtoOutputDirDirectory
bigfile_trl_List //The file list appears after the second start, be run from any directory
Type_Filter
Does anyone know where else I can find any/all of the above programs? I would really like to extract the sounds Lara makes from her CDRMs for use in a Skyrim mod. Lots of Draugr tombs to raid there. I was able to find many of the sounds I needed in .mul.1 files, but I am still lacking some other crucial sounds that are locked behind CDRM files.

If someone could post new links to Unpack TRU 3.97 / 3.98 and ToWav so I can convert the sounds extracted from the CDRM, or point me in another way to go about it, I would be ever in their debt. I have been scouring the interwebs for those programs to no success; I only ever end up back here.

Also, HELLO! New poster here!
TheIckyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-16, 15:19   #962
Ramoram

I don't know if anyone is active now but I am having problem with TRU unpack. 3.96 Each time I try to extract the environment. The tool just crashes. It only exports models no maps. Can anyone help me. I am using Win10 Home 64 bit and have have NetFrameWork 3 and XPS studio is running okay. Much appreciated for the help.

Last edited by Ramoram; 26-12-16 at 16:29.
Ramoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-18, 10:36   #963
Titak

Question

Big bump here, but I'm desperately trying to get this program to run properly on my PC.

I have Win10 with .NET Framework version 4.something.
The zlib.net.bll is in the same folder as the UnpackTRU.exe.
I can run the program UnpackTRU.exe, version 3.97.
It opens fine and I can browse to the bigfile.000.

But... when I select the bigfile, the program thinks for a second, as if it is loading the bigfile, and then it simply closes.
No error message or anything.

I also tried with version 3.96, but it does the same thing.

What could be wrong?
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-18, 05:21   #964
XNAaraL

Lightbulb UnpackTRU required .NET Framework 3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Big bump here, but I'm desperately trying to get this program to run properly on my PC.

I have Win10 with .NET Framework version 4.something.
The zlib.net.bll is in the same folder as the UnpackTRU.exe.
I can run the program UnpackTRU.exe, version 3.97.
It opens fine and I can browse to the bigfile.000.

But... when I select the bigfile, the program thinks for a second, as if it is loading the bigfile, and then it simply closes.

I also tried with version 3.96, but it does the same thing.

What could be wrong?
Hey Titak,

I am aware that your users believe that I am rude, arrogant, selfish and condescending and that I laughing at you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
I think this forum (and every human in general) requires basic courtesy and respect, which you seem completely incapable of. Almost all of your interventions here are just plain rude. Can't you just stop with this condescending attitude? People may not know everything as well as you do, sure. You can tell them. But you can tell them kindly without laughing at them constantly or qualifying their post almost entirely as "BS".
Maybe I'm on your ignore list after this post. No problem.
If I sound rude then this is the fault from the google translator tool.

You may have noticed that right above your post, the user Ramoram had , almost 2 years ago, the same problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramoram View Post
I don't know if anyone is active now but I am having problem with TRU unpack. 3.96 Each time I try to extract the environment. The tool just crashes. It only exports models no maps. Can anyone help me. I am using Win10 Home 64 bit and have have NetFrameWork 3 and XPS studio is running okay. Much appreciated for the help.
Maybe you noticed that nobody answered?

In my experience, there is usually one of the 3 reasons why no one is responding:
  1. The topic is not interesting for most users. True, this thread is pretty dead.
  2. Nobody knows the answer. No comment there, because the condescending attitude issue
  3. Missing information to solve the problem.
Of course, there can be more than one condition be true on the same time.

Your post contains some more informations than the post by Ramoram, but still not enough informations. Thats why I reply.

I am aware that you have been trying since years to help the user with their technical problems. So I think that you understand what I mean. "if you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour. If you teach him to catch a fish you do him a good turn."

You know that reproducible errors, with some patience, are easy to solve. YOU can reproduce this issue. Even other users, with slightly different system, can reproduce this issue. So it will be possible to find a solution.
I am sure you are aware that MS Windows generates a lot of information on your hard drive when an application is crashed. Windows 10 spread even some of this "crash" information onto the internet.
I do not tell you anything new that the Minidump file (and the "full crash dump file") contains as content the latest actions in the application (before the crash happens) to analyzing the failure. This are enough information for the developer to crack the issue. Having this dump, the source code, and the .pdb symbol files, a developer can reproduce what in your system happens and what exactly do crash the app.

I'm not the developer of this app, nor have I installed the bigfiles. I do not even have Windows 10. And I do not have enough information about the crash.

My solution is therefore only a guess, based on my knowledge as a computer scientist. I try to explain what is in my thoughts. So, if my solution does not work out, it may lead you in the right direction.

Back to topic. The try to analyze what happens.

1) You can run the program UnpackTRU.exe, version 3.97.
It opens fine and you can browse to the bigfile.000.

At this stage, you see on your screen some GUI widgets. This dialog "windows", menus, items (and so on) comes from a DLL called Windows Forms. This library must be on your system and must be works. Otherwise you would not can run Windows.

2) But... when I select the bigfile, the program thinks for a second, as if it is loading the bigfile, and then it simply closes.

"no error message", but I am sure that Windows can produce the dump files (No arrogance intended here. Only a hint.)
The guess, that UnpackTRU try to loading the "bigfile", is just a guess. ( I'm not laughing at you, it's just a hint.) I guess that UnpackTRU try to load and to invoke the .NET Framework to parse the bigfile

3) I have Win10 with .NET Framework version 4.something.
Bingo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
Since the program is written in C# you'll need Microsoft .NET Framework to run it.[/URL]
Dusan links to "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5" You have .NET Framework version 4.x
That's the problem!

Maybe you think that 4 is more than 3? Windows 10 is also more than MS-DOS, but you know the problem that it is not so easy to run a DOS game under Windows? Microsoft do not just ADD some more features. Microsoft like it, to implement breaking API changes

.NET Framework 4.x is included with Windows 10 and installed on your computer with the operating system.
However, the .NET Framework 3.5 is shipped with Windows 10. Maybe, the .NET Framework 3.5 is automatically installed with Windows 10!
But you self must enable .NET version 3.5 on your computer. There are two ways you can do this. I prefer to do it
:: by enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 27-08-18 at 05:25.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-18, 08:43   #965
Titak

You know, that whole speech of you about nobody replying it totally unneeded. I know why people might not respond.
All I am interested in is an answer in case somebody knows the answer and is willing to give it. If not, then bad luck for me.

Btw, don't blame any online translator for when sounding rude. It gives back what you put in. So if the text in your own language sounds rude and condesending, so will the English translation. Not to mention the use of emoticons like and the big letters which make it look like you are shouting.
That's you. Not a translator.

As for the rest of your reply, the part that is actually helpful:
Quote:
But you self must enable .NET version 3.5 on your computer. There are two ways you can do this. I prefer to do it
:: by enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel
Perhaps I should have written that I did try to install version 3.5 but nothing seemed to happen. The installation simply closed down without any messages. Since this program was made back when version 4 was not around yet, I thought it would be compatible. Noob as I am when it comes to computer techhy stuff like this.

So, I'm glad you wrote this part about having to enable it myself.
I'll give that a try.

But I'll be back in case it does not work or if I do not even know how to enable it.

*** EDIT ***
Does not work.
3.5 was already activated in Control panel.
I unticked it and then ticked it again so it would sort of update.
I even tried with 4.7 unticked.

Nothing. TRUunpacker programs opens fine but crashes when loading the bigfile into it.

Last edited by Titak; 27-08-18 at 09:14.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 08:29   #966
Teto

Just here to say that the extractor must be great but unfortunately all links are dead.
If someone can help me, that would be much appreciated.

Nope, forget it, I got it. Thanks anyway !

Last edited by Teto; 08-12-18 at 20:18.
Teto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 21:12   #967
Kurtis6

Is there a available link do download the program?
Kurtis6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-21, 18:45   #968
JAMJOOM

Default love this

The links are dead
JAMJOOM is online now   Reply With Quote