Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 18-12-13, 22:47   #41
RaiderZ33
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
There's also a lift with a button that is useless really. Instead of exiting the area through a ladder maybe they wanted us to bring a crate from the top shelve down to the ground floor to build a path. Just an idea
Wait. So the button's not supposed to do anything? The PS2 version that I have, you can use the button. It brings down a crate that you use to gain access to another area.
RaiderZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-13, 00:38   #42
KIKO

It is supposed to work and it does but there's not much use to it is there? I don't remember needing the crate to progress, I could grab the ladder just fine and exit the area. I might have to re-play that level again

Last edited by KIKO; 19-12-13 at 00:41.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-13, 06:21   #43
Gia_

Lol nvm, it was a stupid early morning post haha.

Last edited by Gia_; 19-12-13 at 19:55.
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-13, 16:23   #44
Wraith

On PS2, one of those moveable crates near the pointless lift thing is insta-death to stand on. The crate itself makes a weird squishy noise beneath Lara's feet when she climbs upon it, and she just instantly drops dead. I always give that area a wide berth now.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 13:50   #45
Gia_

Hey everybody, if you play Mme Carviers level and use SCU to fly outside the building to the road where Lara jumps out of the window in the cutscene, you will find a strange door.

There is a rope hanging in front of this door, which is fully textured.. I think this is really strange, because all the unused (maybe deleted) walls are not fully textured, but this one is.. Made me think about it and I thought to share it with you all. What do you think?

Happy new year!
Old 04-01-14, 15:16   #46
Gia_

I got a question. Since I'm not a computer expert, especially about bugs and glitches. In the Parisian Ghetto levels, there are many bugs that lead you back to the level Parisian Backstreets. This happens when you're for example in the doorman section of the Ghetto and you fly through the garage door (Bernards way) of Le Serpent Rouge.. I think all of you also know about the crouching bug after you leave Serpent Rouge. I found many, many more of those bugs. It all happens when you are in another section of the level and you fly through doors. I also found this happening when I'm in the Janice section and I fly through the Avocat door, next to Rennes' Pawnshop, from inside out. Why does this happen? It got me questioning that you were really supposed to get inside the Avocat building.. If you don't know which door I mean, I posted a picture of it in my opening post.
Old 04-01-14, 15:24   #47
KIKO

3 triggers that lead you back to Parisian Backstreets? That is odd.
Old 04-01-14, 17:07   #48
Gia_

Quote:
3 triggers that lead you back to Parisian Backstreets? That is odd.
More than 3. If you access the door to the Herbalists from any section except the Doorman section it happens too. Same for the Avocat and Le Serpent Rouge. I was just looking to find more and then this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c27tTWEYYvk

It's crazy how TRAOD can blow my mind. Djeez.
Old 04-01-14, 17:53   #49
KIKO

That particular garage door is the one where the truck is. It might have been a misplaced trigger since there's nothing to do in that particular closed store.

EDIT: I just noticed that when Parisian Back Streets starts the camera is set to an untextured far away place and goes back to find Lara's position. Does that happen every time or was it a bug? Does that happen with the other triggers as well? Is it the same camera starting position or a different one with every trigger? If that is so then I'm starting to believe that the person who talked about the bridges being connected to the Parisian back streets area was right.

I'm not saying this is true but maybe we could access it through the bridge and that particular trigger you found was meant to load the 1st level, only in a different section (that would explain why the camera was so far away from Lara) but since they changed things Lara's starting position is still in the back alley and the camera looks for Lara's position. But the answer as to why would we go back to the 1st level just makes me think this theory is absolutely nuts and it might just be a bug/misplaced trigger.

Last edited by KIKO; 04-01-14 at 18:06.
Old 04-01-14, 18:50   #50
Gia_

Quote:
That particular garage door is the one where the truck is. It might have been a misplaced trigger since there's nothing to do in that particular closed store.

EDIT: I just noticed that when Parisian Back Streets starts the camera is set to an untextured far away place and goes back to find Lara's position. Does that happen every time or was it a bug? Does that happen with the other triggers as well? Is it the same camera starting position or a different one with every trigger? If that is so then I'm starting to believe that the person who talked about the bridges being connected to the Parisian back streets area was right.

I'm not saying this is true but maybe we could access it through the bridge and that particular trigger you found was meant to load the 1st level, only in a different section (that would explain why the camera was so far away from Lara) but since they changed things Lara's starting position is still in the back alley and the camera looks for Lara's position. But the answer as to why would we go back to the 1st level just makes me think this theory is absolutely nuts and it might just be a bug/misplaced trigger.
No it's not that garage. It's Le Serpent Rouge garage entrance.

It appears very random, maybe there is a way to control it but I'm not sure yet. This is the first trigger that actually does that, but I definitely had the same camera position like the others.

I flew to that part of the Backstreets to see if there was anything there. Found nothing of course.. Not even close, except for what you can see in my video. Lara only disappears for a few seconds, like she's flying through an invisible wall or something.